Ragefire/Lockjaw Kunark Poll Results

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aristo, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Aristo Developer

We had a fantastic response to these polls. We'd like to thank all of you for participating. It's obvious that there are a lot of you with passionate feelings on each side.

On both servers, the 6 month option got the most votes by far, meaning a very large percentage of you like things as they are and want to continue on that path. Ragefire's second choice was to unlock Kunark ASAP, but Lockjaw's second choice was to unlock Kunark after 3 months.

When combining the 3-month and ASAP option, though, a slight majority of players on both servers voted for Kunark to come sooner than it would under the original rules.

Changes Coming in the Near Future

With such a significant portion of the active players on these servers voting to keep progression slow, we will not be changing both servers. We plan to keep Lockjaw on the six month schedule that was originally voted for by the populace at large.

For the other half of players, however, we are going to decrease the wait for Ragefire to vote to unlock Kunark from 6 months to 3 months. The voting period for Kunark will thus become available on August 23rd and end on September 6th.

We realize this is a huge change, so we are investigating free transfers between Ragefire and Lockjaw for a period of time coming up soon. We're working out details for how long and when, but there will be no transfers allowed after the servers de-synchronize.

The Shape of Progression to Come

We're going to keep watching both servers once transfers end and you start forging your own paths. As time passes we trust both communities to keep us abreast of the issues you're encountering and we'll do what we can to address them.

We've made a first step in our changes to raid targets. It will take a while for you to explore the changes and we'll watch to see if they change behavior or not. If we don't like how things shake out we'll try other options in the future.

Once Ragefire is settled into Kunark we'll have to explore whether they want to return to the 6-month schedule or adjust it to a faster track. Likewise, although Lockjaw will hopefully be full of people who want to stick around in an era for a long time, we'll check to make sure that remains the case as time goes by.

Finally, we'd like to thank you all for your support. We're still delighted by the level of enthusiasm you all have and we're excited to see where these servers go in the future.
  2. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Thank you for posting the poll results and server plans.
  3. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

Thank you for the update.
  4. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

hooray, Chana's gonna return just in time for my birthday!
  5. rekais910 Augur

I'm not sure if you can say the 6 month won out. But I'm not going to argue with it. I still say we see a major disconnect between the devs and the player base at the moment. I may end up taking that transfer to lockjaw as the treatment of the majority of players by devs is becoming increasingly offensive and I'd like to give the devs the longest amount of time to correct their mistakes before being forced to give up on the company. Thank you for you information and thank you for allow server transfers for free.
  6. Xanadas Augur

I totally called this. lol.
  7. Glistarian Augur

Sigh. You guys still don't get it. People DO NOT WANT constant votes about the timing of progression. People want to be able to plan and know their plans won't be upended by some unpredictable vote happening at some unpredictable time.

Here's a wacky idea- How about committing to a decision about the servers? I know, I know, crazy!
    SithWizard, Slayan, Kopuz and 2 others like this.
  8. Kalgor the Mad New Member

Why should people on Ragefire have to transfer if they won the vote? And no, I'm on Lockjaw and happy with my vote.
    Yinla and Jaxarale01 like this.
  9. Tarrin Augur

You called like..3 or 4 different things. You were bound to have one of them right!
    -----Cinexa----- and Xanadas like this.
  10. rekais910 Augur

Actually I remember reading that post. You did!
  11. skattabrainz Augur

that was likely a very good compromise, thanks dbg!

likely i will stay or switch based on my guild staying or switching.
  12. Ceffener Augur

So we had a SECOND poll, 6 months WON on both servers again.
    Yet we are going to split and do 3 and 6?

Screw voting then. Should have just announced you were going to split the servers and saved all this time.
    Borek-VS, Slayan, Yinla and 4 others like this.
  13. ThenaEQ Augur

LOL just murder lockjaw its cool guys. A+
  14. Naelbis Elder

Between Holly putting her foot in her mouth (ticking off most of the player base) and you guys finding a way to justify what you want to do anyway by throwing out the result of your own vote...well, I am sad to see that the idiocy of SOE is alive and well at Daybreak. Ya'll really don't have a freaking clue how to run a business do you?
    Gumlakx, Slayan, Friday and 3 others like this.
  15. Behee Augur

I like these results. Thanks!
  16. Tarrin Augur

It looked like to me more people did not want to keep it at 6 months.
  17. Shinino New Member

So both servers chose 6 months more than either other option, and neither server chose 6 months more than BOTH other options -- so one server gets one option and one gets a different one?

You realize the fact that less than 50% of either server's votes were for 6 months means that the MAJORITY of BOTH servers don't want six months, correct?

You do realize that people will start to vote with their wallets?

You realize that the reason a lot of people went to Lockjaw in the first place was to escape from a certain guild and certain amount of toxicity on Ragefire, correct?

Good job ignoring what the Lockjaw population wanted and likely killing the server. Congrats!
    Gythlen and Friday like this.
  18. DBCooper Elder

RIP Lockjaw if they allow free transfers, regardless of rules, because we all know LJ will die before RF does due to the simple fact it came second and has less people on it.
  19. Kellaer Augur

So you end up doing something different. Oh well, these servers and their dps racing combined with the executive producers calling people casuals has just made me given up hope.
    Rhiyannon and Silv like this.
  20. Tarrin Augur

what are you seriously complaining about. you are basically gonna get a free server transfer if you want 6 months. are you really mad that people on a different server won't be held to the same rules?