Test Update - 06/10/15

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

*blink* Does this mean that our Enduring Vision AA will now apply to our Thief's Vision disc? This is happy news indeed if this is the case.

As a side note: Elidroth, can I have the 12 ranks of Shield Block that I already bought with AA's back, please? If our EV AA is finally getting fixed, can we work on Shield Block and Bladeshield now? One is missing, and the other still doesn't work.
  2. Ferry-Tunare Augur

Wizard evacuate AA disables the switch mercenaries button until zoning.
  3. Dzarn Developer

Enduring Vision should be functioning with both Thief's Eyes and all three ranks of Thief's Vision now.

What is it that you believe is not working with Bladeshield currently?
  4. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

It was originally set to work with block (which rogues don't get) then was adjusted during TDS beta to work with parry. Several parses were run at the time, both with and without the AA's purchased, and there was no appreciable difference between having it and not having it, other than a line of grey text and a line of white text.
  5. Brudal Augur

Will extended havoc do the same for Cry Havoc and all three ranks of Cry Carnage?
  6. Dzarn Developer

Based on the raw data and the combat code, it is possible that the amount being given by the AA line is too small to parse.

The following data may be helpful in testing the ability again:
    • The description that states that you must be dual wielding piercing weapons is incorrect. The AA increases your chance to parry regardless of your weapon setup.
    • Here are the raw values for each rank of the AA:
      • Rank 1: 2
      • Rank 2: 4
      • Rank 3: 6
    • The Parry spell effect is cumulative as an AA effect but only the one highest buff and one highest worn item is added to your total.
      • Improved Parry / Block VII: 56
    • Parry does not apply to incoming attacks that are throwing or archery.
    • Parry won't work if your back is to your attacker.
    • Active defensive skill order (succeeding an earlier skill will mean the later ones won't bother checking):
      • Riposte
      • Block
      • Parry
      • Dodge
      • Shield Block
      • Staff Block
        • Then regular strike-through is checked.
        • Then your chance to simply avoid the attack is checked (defender's avoidance roll beat the attacker's accuracy roll.)
    • Your chance to perform a parry is:
      • Integer math so truncate every division.
      • Chance = (((SKILL + 100) + [((SKILL+100) * SPA(175).Base1) / 100]) / 45) + [(hDex / 25) - min([hDex / 25], hStrikethrough)].
      • If random(100) <= Chance: You parry
      • (If chance >= 100 then 100% success rate for parry.)
      • hStrikethrough values - if testing using a guildhall combat dummy at their default levels:
        • Meda and earlier: 0
        • Neza-Ozah: 2
        • Paza-Qela: 5
        • Rena: 7
        • Sana: 8
        • Taza: 20
    Assuming you're a level 105 Rogue, have an item at with Imp Parry/Block: VII, have no parry buff, are fighting an NPC with no hStrikethrough and have 800 hDex:
    Without AA: Approximately 51% chance to parry.
    With AA: Approximately 52% chance to parry.

Not a substantial increase certainly, but it should technically be there.
  7. Dzarn Developer

A change for that won't be in this patch but I've noted it for review later, thanks.
  8. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I have so many small hearts for you right now, Dzarn. Tho that seems like a very 'not the defensive AA we need', at least now I know why it wasn't an appreciable difference.

So, how about getting shield block back? Actually, does shield block even actually work for a rogue, since we don't have the block skill? It certainly felt like they worked for us, but tbh, that could be entirely confirmation bias.

We had 12 ranks of it in Archetype before TDS. More ranks were added during beta, then removed. When they were removed, the previous 12 ranks were also removed.
  9. Sphynx_CT_SR Elder

If I am reading this data correctly, I am would like to think I am, Taza correspond to t3 TDS group mobs (arx mentis). So if I want to get any gains to my parry rate from my hDex, I need to exceed 525 hDex before I see ANY gains to my chance to parry from heroics?

So then my base ability to parry (((SKILL + 100) + [((SKILL+100) * SPA(175).Base1) / 100]) / 45) is all I have to compete against the mob's strikethrough.

Does hStrikethrough also modify the mob's strikethrough in the same way the hDex modifies my Dex as well as provides additional benefits specifically as hDex?
  10. Angahran Augur

Any chance of getting some form of text message added to ALL rez/call/etc spells so we can make audio triggers ?

I believe only the old, single target 96% cleric rez has this at the moment (at least that's the only one where my trigger works.)

Ang.
    Iila likes this.
  11. Ferry-Tunare Augur

Serverwide tells don't use tell windows.
    Sancus likes this.
  12. Zarzac Augur

Dzarn can you explain what adding the Rest 1.5s to multiple abilities like Harm Touch and Lay on Hands is for?
  13. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

You have been offered a

that's the trigger I use, and it fires for every rez and call I get, whether from cleric, druid, or shaman, mass or single, even the tokens.
  14. Songsa Augur

Bladeshield AA was given to rogues to help our defensive. We had shield block that worked well but rogues could use it only when tanking (wearing a shield) so it was pretty rare in most scenarii. Now we have Bladeshield that is bearly parsable and so doesnt really help anything and shield block that was at least a bit useful when tanking that got removed. Could you consider raising the efficiency of bladeshield for it to be helpful in real situation? thx.
  15. Angahran Augur

Mine had 'resurrection.' on the end, removed that now, will see how it goes.
  16. Angahran Augur

You think maybe Daybreak might consider advertising EverQuest (unlike SOE) so maybe this would be needed on live servers ?

p.s. How does the instancing work if you are in a group, or raid ? Does it automatically send you to same instance as rest of characters in group or raid ?
  17. Hludwolf Developer

No, but you can select which one you want to go to once you are in the zone. It isn't a perfect solution yet, but it does work.
  18. FcsevenXIII Augur

Well there goes a little more of what used to make EQ special.
  19. mackal Augur

Is that formula used for the other skills too? (with the correct SPA bonus fo course)
  20. Dzarn Developer

There are some differences with each 'activated defense' skill:
    • Shield Block and Staff Block function differently. [Rolls 1-100 against your Base1 chance.]
    • Dodge is similar but uses hAgi.
      • Doesn't have archery/throwing exclusion that parry does.
      • Monks are excluded from the 'if my back is to my attacker then this activated ability fails' check.
    • Block is similar, also uses hDex.
      • Doesn't have archery/throwing exclusion that parry does.
      • Divisor is 25 not 45.
      • If your back is to your attacker then it rolls an additional 1-100 roll against the Base1 of your 'chance to block behind me' SPA.
    • Riposte is similar, uses hDex.
      • Must have weapon or fists.
      • Doesn't work on archery/throwing.
      • The divisor is 50 not 45.
      • Special cases for 'can't be riposted for my secondary attacks' SPA.
      • Special cases for 'attacker has any riposte chance' SPA.
      • Special cases for double riposte.
      • Special cases for NPC enrage.
    Wulfhere, Kellaer, Brohg and 8 others like this.