Update Bugs 05/28/15

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, May 28, 2015.

1. Regnad Journeyman

Rumor Has It Anniversary Mission sends you to South Ro, not the instance.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Arx 5 raid is once again bugged and emotes from Lanys are once again going to pets.
    Iila, Elricvonclief and Silv like this.
  3. Inga Elder

According to these posts, it seems to be "sending to static zone instead of instance" bug is not new one.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-april-22-2015.219770/
    https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/update-bugs-05-19-15.220664/#post-3221630
    https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/update-bugs-04-22-15.219768/page-4#post-3210916

It may have begun when /pickzone is introduced, and affected more zones because more zones are instanced in TLP servers.

I don't know how they work, so I am just guessing the following.

TLP server creates new instance when original zone is crowded.
    After an instance is created, if original zone population has become low, players trying to zone there will be sent to original zone.

If this script exists, it may be applied to Standard server, or TLS server and standard servers share some resources about instancing?
    If so, standard server players may always be sent to static instead of instance, as newbie zones are always empty there.
    If some standard servers share instancing resources with TLP, instead of all servers, this bug may be reproducible on certain servers.

I know nothing about codes or how zones are instanced, so this post may be useless for fixing this problem.
  4. int21h New Member

missing pages for Words of the Unspoken quest: Citizen's Diary, High Guard's Diary, Council Minutes
  5. int21h New Member

OK, so this was an issue of relying too much on online solutions, and not enough exploring in game. These pages are still where they're supposed to be.
  6. Tiqou Elder

On 2 of my all access accounts I claimed my free 500SC, I immediately bought something, got the confirmation popup, then.......I got free 500SC again! I bought same stuff but it stopped, no additional free 500SC. Am I going to be banned? :D
  7. Zvenn Just an old monk

on Luclin, 5th anniversary drop "collectors undead froglok tongue" is not dropping in lower guk while hardcore heritage is running
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

In the raid event Defense of the City (Arx Mentis: Storming the Citadel #1), we are having mobs that we have mezzed summoning players and then waking up from the summoned player's damage shield.

I do not think this is normal.
  9. Poote Lorekeeper

so its been a week since the "Anniversary NPC's send you to the static zone instead of instance" thing was reported, any word on when its gonna be repaired? Only a week left on the anniversary stuff unless your going to extend it.
  10. JChan Developer

The item will then be placed in your bank if you don't have an open inventory slot. Have you checked there?
  11. Iila Augur

Your name isn't red! :eek:
    Warpeace likes this.
  12. Kellaer Augur

Its fixed, thank goodness! That was a bug with terrifying implications.
    Iila likes this.
  13. Agrippa Augur

a harbringer of Fear is missing in the Plane of Fear on the real servers. I'd guess the other harbringers are missing, as well. Please stop breaking things on the real servers for crap on the progression ones.
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Metanis Bad Company

Reviewed my logs on the Praetor Vitio bonus event. Came across this one that seems to be a cut and paste error? In any event I'm not sure what it means or signifies...

[Tue Jun 02 19:35:34 2015] Praetor Vitio and summons a drowned mariner!
  15. Imak Augur

16. Metanis Bad Company

While I'm on the subject of Praetor Vitio was it intended to get 2 emotes at the same time? I realize the movement emotes are on a different timer than the tank swap emotes but it seems a bit churlish to have both hitting at the same point in time!

[Tue Jun 02 19:35:55 2015] Praetor Vitio holds both of his weapons out to his sides!
    [Tue Jun 02 19:35:55 2015] Praetor Vitio prepares to strike Breako with a killing blow! Someone else should take his attention.
  17. Metanis Bad Company

Thanks! I see it's actually a player item clickie cast and the emote for it was written by someone who uses English as a 3rd or 4th language.
  18. Iila Augur

The main tank gets to ignore the other emotes, and non-tanks get to ignore all the tank emotes.

You do have tanks capable of remembering an emote after they stop tanking, right? If not, they get one failure free, and if they get exiled, it's just a tank.
  19. Regnad Journeyman

With the bugs not fixed and anniversary task near done can these be extended so we can complete them??

Summonsing the Master 13th anniversary sends you to static not instanced.
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Dzarn Developer

Are these NPCs still sending you to a static version of the zone rather than the mission instance?
    If so, what server are you experiencing this on?

I'm hoping to clarify if this particular bug has been fixed on live/test servers as we're unable to reproduce it at this point.

Thanks
    Iila likes this.