Ragefire, rage refund.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Taichang, May 21, 2015.

1. random_pawn00 Journeyman

Back in the day, they would add a server. Now, you spend more/all your time watching the screen to see if it will login. People aren't going to pay for that.
  2. Nolrog Augur

You don't speak for the community.
    Baeddon and Aghinem like this.
  3. Mullian New Member

**REPLIES TO THIS EMAIL WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE** Please use the link below to open this ticket and add a reply.

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 24 hours.

Thank you for allowing us to be of assistance!
    To update or respond to this ticket, please visit our support site at help.soe.com.

Subject
    Ragefire Progression Server Total Access Refund - Per Prathun

Discussion Thread
    Response Via Email (TSR Edward R.) 05/27/2015 04:21 PM
    This is a courtesy message that has been automatically generated based on you submission criteria.

Unfortunately membership purchases are pre-paid and non-refundable. We would not be able to refund the membership purchases made.

For more information, please read our All Access information page. https://www.daybreakgames.com/allaccess

If you are experiencing a different issue please update us to let us know.

Regards,

Customer Support
    Daybreak Games

Yup, signed up specifically for progression server and unable to login.

I'm out a year membership, they're out a customer for however long Daybreak, Everquest is around.

So much for the live stream refunds.
  4. Roxxors Lorekeeper

People signed up and paid for an account. They have an account, so they got what they paid for. What server you choose to play on with that account is totally up to the account owner, in that DBG has no responsibility at all.
  5. Tylon New Member

This is a very legit issue. Others in this thread like myself received an email asking them to return to Everquest and try out a new experience or perhaps relive a past experience on RageFire. We all have accounts which we dont have to pay for. What we did pay for was what was advertised to us through an email sent to us by DBG. Maybe some of you who think otherwise should move out of mom and dad's basement, get a job, pay some bills, start a family and then come back and preach to us about how we should spend our free time and disposable income. That most likely wont happen though because it involves human interaction IRL.

I'm not happy about the long wait times either but I'm not going to cancel my accounts over it yet. I'm also not foolish enough to subscribe to a new experience for more than a month. DBG has had a long history of horrible CS. It did get better for a few years but seems to be reverting back to their horrid early days. I hope not. I was looking forward to playing again on Ragefire and progressing through EQ one expansion at a time again. I cannot however support a company with horrible customer service. I'll be watching DBG and will vote with my $$ on how you perform going forward.
  6. Baeddon Elder

Your second paragraph shows much wisdom. Give it time, it will improve. These things happen often enough that any new project involving online servers should be distrusted the first two weeks of operation. Sure, there are countless launches of new services that go off without a hitch. But there are also huge projects... Ragefire, for instance...twitter...simcity... that have a horrible record getting off the ground after they go live. No where did they promise 100% uptime or even 10% uptime; that would be a death sentence.

And if you've been away from EQ, the reason CS sucks right now is because EQ was bleeding profit away from Sony. DBG stepped in, negotiated and executed the take over of EQ. They are a money making business. The number one cost to any business is payroll and unfortunately, DGB had to cut staff to lower costs. Customer Service was one of those areas hit by budget cuts. It's anyone's guess what the future holds for DGB, but they've only been here a few months now and are still trying to find out who and what they are as the owners of Everquest. I'm not trying to make excuses for them, just filling you in on the recent happenings behind the logo. Personally, I'm pretty optimistic about DGB's future... FOR THE MOST PART. It was time for some fresh new faces and ideas in the project.
  7. Trashed New Member

They should give something besides a bank bag for free. I understand murphys law but, no matter how you explain why or how the server wasn't ready it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. A free 4 hour xp potion would be a nice gesture.
  8. Aghinem Augur

If you go to an amusement park and pay for admission; only to find out the line onto a particular ride is very long - are you going to wait in line, or go to the other rides?