[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and Boxing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by teagray2, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tamier Augur

Boxers can level at a much faster speed for the same reason they claim to use it, so they don't have to wait around for a spot to open in group. They have a ready made group anywhere, anytime and can just powerlevel. For the same reason, they get to end game, lock out the named spawn camps, and set the prices high with no competition, which ruins the economy. Has happened on numerous games i've played on, including TLP server. I didn't not intend to lump boxers all together, I've made about 30 posts saying I approve of legitimate boxing with individual keystroke input per window. I've only argued against [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]/.
  2. UnnamedPlayer Elder

They never said it was legal. Nor have they said any 3rd party program is legal (besides WinEQ).

Just because you're not getting banned for using a 3rd party program, doesn't make it legal.
    Tamier likes this.
  3. Tamier Augur

He did not say, but the other Dev said that is their only official stance on [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] at this time.
  4. Zechs Lorekeeper

Please refer to my signature and stop your crusade. You are not doing yourself any justice.
    Warpeace likes this.
  5. Fiido Missalot New Member

I'm just curious. Which MMOs banned boxing?
    Adrienna likes this.
  6. Myric New Member

It worked! Thanks. =D
  7. Zechs Lorekeeper

To my knowledge only EVE but that is entirely a different subject that I am not too familiar with.
  8. Tamier Augur

He did not say while afk, he said unattended.
  9. Numiko Augur

[IMG]
    jAbb likes this.
  10. Tamier Augur

He did not say while afk, you're changing the words in your sig.
    RoshenCommunity Relations

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

The use of [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] while unattended can result in actions being taken against your account.
  11. Shmef Augur

i never said they announced it was legal, again you dont make rules for everything that IS legal. you would have 10 billion rules. you state what you dont want people to do. if it is not on that list you can do it until they change their mind. plain and simple
  12. Fiido Missalot New Member

13. Rhiyannon Augur

most of my guildies box, usually only a spare healer and such, not a single one of them is a jerk.
    Motherlee likes this.
  14. Tamier Augur

So is having 5 windows out of 6 unattended in the background, covered in Roshen's statement?
  15. Slasher Augur

unattended if they're only doing what you tell them to do after you press each key on your keyboard how is that unattended ? They're not casting without you pressing a key they're sitting without you pressing a key they do not follow without you telling them to. Nothing about that says unattended. You know what he meant ? He meant if you're sleeping and your 6 box mage crew is killing which means you're not using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] anyway because IT DOES NOT DO THAT.
  16. UnnamedPlayer Elder

Well I'm glad you feel that way, since 3rd party programs aren't allowed at all.
  17. Silv Augur

Please tell me how that is different than AFK? If your computer is unattended, you are not at it.

I honestly cannot believe you are still going to try and argue that it is illegal after what he posted.
  18. Zechs Lorekeeper

19. Tamier Augur

I think he was ambiguous because they still havn't decided what to do yet. If you input from one window, and never flip to the other windows, they are unattended are they not? I just posed the question to get more clarification.
  20. Gehlfein Elder

Clarification: Most MMOs do not allow 3rd Party Software boxing. WoW and EVE are the big ones.

Personally, I'm not really against manual boxing without the aid of any software. You got 3 keyboards and 3 computers or you alt-tab to do it? I'm not going to complain.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.