[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and Boxing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by teagray2, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slasher Augur

lol people already spinning his words.
  2. UnnamedPlayer Elder

I don't think he said that.
  3. Arrk Augur

The characters are UNATTENDED. No one is spinning his words... they are like usual vague and not specific.
  4. Shmef Augur

thats pretty much exactly what he said. not being at your keys will get you punished. you dont make rules of everything that is legal, you state what is illegal and that is it. he said nothing about being punished for being at your keys when using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]

Frenzic likes this.
  5. Slasher Augur

No they're not a person is sitting at the computer pressing buttons for EVERY action they take. You people need to get a freaking dictionary.
  6. Nibb New Member

That`s what /follow is for.... When my brother needs to step away from the pc to user a restroom, he follows me around, is that unattended? yes, is he playing? no, but its within the confines of the game system that there is a follow.
  7. Paydro Journeyman

Try this:

Patch as normal. Do not click play.
    Go to your EQ directory.
    Delete the following files:
    .../everquest/spellsnew.edd
    .../everquest/spellsnew.eff
    Click play.

Report back if that works, this comes from 5 year old instructions on zam.
  8. strongbus Augur

here is the definition of automation I found on the web.
    the technique, method, or system of operating or controlling a process by highly automatic means, as by electronic devices, reducing human intervention to a minimum.
    So lets say you 6 box. the normal way you have to input commands for each char 1 at a time. Meaning you have to hit 6 different keys in 6 different windows to control your box crew for each mob.
    With [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] you only have to hit 1 key in 1 window to control you box crew for each mob. [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] lets you reduce your human intervention with your boxes to a minimum.
    So how is that not automation your boxes.
  9. Silv Augur

AFK means AWAY FROM KEYBOARD. Running multiple EQ instances but having all but one minimized is not AFK. You are there. There is nothing ambiguous about his post.

A is bad if you do B. Don't do B, and A is okay. If people want to act like they lost their inference skills to still argue it's illegal, go for it.
    Frenzic likes this.
  10. Arrk Augur

No you need to get the same dictionary...

With minimal or reduced human intervention... by definition [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is automation.
    Tamier likes this.
  11. UnnamedPlayer Elder

Example: Killing people with automated weapons is illegal.
    Incorrect assumption: Having automated weapons is legal, it's just killing people that isn't legal.
  12. monegames Journeyman

that would not be to a minimum. pressing one button and a program controls all character movement and actions for you would be to a minimum(aka botting).
  13. Reht The Dude abides...

What it means is if it appears that you are 'botting' and they contact you, you had better answer or you may get suspended or banned even if you aren't.
  14. Zechs Lorekeeper

Oh just stop it already. Roshen has spoken and RadarX is referring people to Roshen's post. For the sake of the anti-boxer crowd I have added it to my signature. Enjoy. If you want to see the post its on page 25 of this thread. Have a nice day.
  15. Fiido Missalot New Member

While I do not like people using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software], he stated [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] + Unattended specifically is not allowed.
    He specifically qualified ban-able offense with "unattended" condition.
    (src: DeMorgan's Theorem in logic)
    Silv likes this.
  16. Gehlfein Elder

I don't quite get why people were confused. Was it ever in doubt that Daybreak allowed automated boxing?

I always thought the debate was more 'yes, we know they allowed it - but they shouldn't.' Most MMOs have banned boxing - Daybreak is just, regretably, opting to be the Mexico of MMORPGs: You keep paying us for 6 accounts and we'll keep it legal.

That's fine though - feel strongly enough about it but still wanna play? Just save a /spit for every cheater you see and run a train through them every now and then. You'll feel better.
  17. Slasher Augur

Its not minimal every action the character are taking are a direct result of every key you input.

How is you telling it everything to do automated ? Automated means its doing stuff on its own it is not its doing what you tell it do by pressing keys for every action it takes.
  18. Shmef Augur

if they wanted to make [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] illegal they would have simply said [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is now illegal. not using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] unattended will result in discipline
    Willy Willers likes this.
  19. Zechs Lorekeeper

Please purposely train people so you can get suspended or even banned(if you are so childish to keep doing so). Helps free up server space. Really good sound advice.
  20. Arrk Augur

The point is DBG is vague in what constitutes unattended. So someone 6 boxing... is 1 account attended and 5 unattended?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.