[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and Boxing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by teagray2, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tamier Augur

I do want to thank you all as well. I was linking SoE's ToS, which was an arguement that was not as strong. But because people were lazy, and wanted me to go look up the exact spot in the ToS, I found the new DBG's ToS, and those are much more clearly and concisely against the use of [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] as written.
  2. neverrain Elder

None of which you would ever see or interact with.

What does this have to do with anything?

TL can choose to play the game however they want. They are within the rules set forth by DBG and it is up to DBG to either change them or take action.

Fairly certain DBG said they were staying out of this. Your comment is irrelevant.

In 1999, you would be fairly well off to have a computer (even two) that could even get close to what one could do today. Not to mention, the entire playerbase was 10-15 years younger, none had jobs, and none had the money to pay for multiple accounts.

It won't change. I tried to provide real information and a voice of reason to people who only about what they don't like, but it fell of deaf ears. I asked for this thread to be close a while ago.
  3. Blackdot New Member

Tell you what it's automation: All the single box monks that set up their Logitech keyboard to hit FD and beg while they sleep. That is automation,bannable kind.
    Zechs likes this.
  4. O_Castitatis_Lilium Lorekeeper

No, they aren't. Ther is no key pressing involved for the other 5, just the main one. So, no, they are not being controlled by a keypress, they are being controlled by [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software], the 3rd party software. They are being automated with no human contact going to them.
  5. Melanippe Augur

Unless you happen to be John Smedley or Holly Longdale in disguise, you are merely stating, repeatedly I might add, your own opinion. You are not in any position to make blanket declarations about what may or may not violate the Terms of Service or the EULA.
    Silv likes this.
  6. Slasher Augur

[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is not automation. You have to physically hit a key people it does not do anything on its own. You HAVE to hit the key for it to actually cast a spell.

It does not do something on its own there is human input for everything it does.
  7. Tamier Augur

It doesn't have to be an unfair advantage on the new ToS, just an advantage. I doubt anyone is going to demand those programs be banned, but by the new ToS definition, they are still illegal unless DBG has officially stated they are not. Not my fault they wrote their new ToS to be so inclusive. I'm just stating the rules ya'll kept saying I didn't know anything about, when obviously, ya'll didn't even know of the new changes.
  8. Warriorgod Journeyman

That is not boxing, that is Botting/Cheating
  9. Slasher Augur

lol

They're being controlled by a keypress. If the person does nothing on the 1st toon the other 5 DO nothing. If he presses cast 1 on the 1st toon all 6 cast 1. Do you understand how that works ? [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] does nothing on its own you have to input every command. The only thing [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] does is make it so you only have to input that command on one toon not all 6. It does not tell the chars who to attack it does not tell them to move it does not tell them who to heal. There is direct human involvement 100% of the time.

Not everyone who uses [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is using that either. Some maybe using it because it lowers the load on your PC or makes switching between screens easier.
  10. Zechs Lorekeeper

Then how are they actuating if there is no human contact? Broadcast keys =/= automation because it requires activation of a key.

Automation is running a mob next to bots and without any key activation by a human they stand up and nuke it to hell.
  11. Tamier Augur

There is no opinion to it. Read it. It is very clear and concise. You can't lie or wiggle around it. I know this is frustrating, but it still is what it is. They either need to endorse it or ban it, publically. This will be the only thing to end the debate.
  12. Tulgin Augur

Why even discuss it. If you banned [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software], EQ would lose 87% of it's players instantly.

Find something else to whine about.
    silku likes this.
  13. Silv Augur

We've known about the changes for a bit since there was some shady wording in it about some other issues but yeah, keep telling all of us how uneducated we are. :rolleyes:

I'm just curious why you are specifically targeting [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] when you admit here that any of those other programs (that no one ever questions) are also 'illegal' [according to you]. Seems to me that you have an issue with 1) boxing, 2) overpopulation on Ragefire and/or 3) want to reduce competition for your boxing team on the server.
  14. RadarX Augur

Folks as a reminder, please be sure your posts are constructive and compliant with our forum guidelines.
  15. Tamier Augur

6 people are manually inputing information into each and every window to gain actions. 6 boxers with [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] are not. There is just one of the many differences.
  16. Maltheus Elder

Brad,

There's no advantage. If anything there is a disadvantage. A single person controlling six toons isn't as good as six individuals providing the six individuals aren't terrible. It also doesn't modify gameplay. It doesn't move your characters for you, loot for you (although looting is automated now), or kill for you. It doesn't make you run faster, be able to see monsters from across a zone, be able to warp or anything else that could possibly constitute a hack. You still have to press the keys on your keyboard. So what you've quoted has nothing against ISBOXERFLAVOROFTHEMONTHFORWHINERS.

What's obvious is that you are simply trolling at this point. You've made countless posts in multiple threads based on circular logic and opinions. Go contact Smedley. I'm sure you have his phone number still. Perhaps DBG will chime in at some point. Until then it's a moot point. You can get all sandy over it, but no one is going to stop.
    Melanippe likes this.
  17. Shmef Augur

still does not change the fact that it still clearly states they can ok a program, and [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] was OK'd. until they make an official statement that it now is not ok - nothing has changed.
  18. Tamier Augur

I have a problem with [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] because that is what caused me to quit the first time on Quellious/Povar(once merged), what caused me to quit on Fippy, and what will most likely cause me to quit on Ragefire. It is a toxic part of the game, and absolutely nothing valid or good comes from it or that type of player that I have ever personally seen except for that player themselves. I have seen many negative things however.
  19. Melanippe Augur

"They" need do no such thing.

Estoppel by acquiescence:
    a tacit agreement; consent inferred from silence.
  20. strongbus Augur

Direct human interaction is entering a command/keystroke for each char one at a time. The second you add a program in between you entering a command/keystroke and it be activated by each char that removes the direct human control and makes it minimal human control. Meaning that each char being box is automated.
    Freki and O_Castitatis_Lilium like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.