[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and Boxing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by teagray2, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tamier Augur

DBG's has a different ToS than SoE did. SoE didn't say that in their ToS. DBG's ToS does say it. DBG's has never authorized the program. So it is in a grey limbo and technically, illegal at this point until they do authorize it, or ban it. That is why there is such a debate.
  2. neverrain Elder

Again, someone who has never used [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] before.
  3. Tamier Augur

By your own definition, you are key pressing 1 account, and automating the other 1-5 accounts. Nicely done.
  4. Zechs Lorekeeper

They are automated. There is no person at the keyboard for them. OMG! Get with program you terrible person that ruined my life.
  5. taliefer Augur

as an outside observer, you people comparing voice chat and log parsers to [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] make me chuckle as much as Tamier's inanity.
  6. Gimple Elder

Because it is 6 people and each of those 6 people will get a share of the loot, plus have fun together...not just 1 person. This is why guilds were formed to being with...people working together...and then at high end, rotations planned out by guild leaders on a honor system for killing bosses!...it goes on and on...

We are all wasting our breath on these boxers....they just won't get it, and never will. I doubt seriously if TL will honor any sharing of the bosses and form any agreements. They'll simply muscle in a boss whenever they feel like downing it.

Monopolizing content is supposed to be against the PNP. Ever heard of it? Do you care? Why, or why not? What drove SOE, now DB, to feel a need to have a PNP? Answer these questions on your own, I'm too tired to explain everything to you people.

(Yes, boxers existed back in 1999, but not this many. It was unusual to see a person box even 1 other toon, much less 6! Because of the infrequency of it, it was tolerated by the company and players. TODAY is a whole different level and it's way outa control)

I'm done with these threads, not like it's going to change.
  7. vardune Augur

So did i....so did i
  8. Maltheus Elder

Tamier is Brad McQuaid. You heard it here first.

[IMG]
    deeznuts likes this.
  9. Willy Willers Lorekeeper

First it was "not awesome", then it was "not cool", now its "bad".. seems to be a moving target, anyone got the actual video?
  10. Tamier Augur

They changed the ToS. Go read SoE's terms of service, it wasn't worded even similar to this, it also claimed the advantage had to be an "unfair" advantage, and who can prove that? This doesn't say anything of the sort. It is clear, without much wiggle room.
  11. Silv Augur

How is it that this debate wasn't ongoing for Live servers if it was such a hot issue? It seems to only have caused such a stir with the launch and subsequent population issues of Ragefire.
  12. Gehlfein Elder

13. Melanippe Augur

Actually, from a legal standpoint, until and unless something is declared illegal it is consider to be legal. No limbo involved.
  14. monegames Journeyman

notice the auto in auto attack, you press one key and the character attacks every time it is able. that is automation. [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] doesn't automate the other characters. they are all controlled by the single keystroke. there is no automation. the player controls the actions. if the player is able to press a keystroke and leave the keyboard and the character plays itself that would be automation. or if one keystroke controlled multiple actions on one character outside the limits of the macro system.
  15. Maltheus Elder

To be fair it was a pre-launch issue as well. Likely all the people railing against boxing work for plat farming companies in China.
  16. Tamier Augur

Because of 2 recent changes. One being the new server, and boxers partially affecting the accessability to that server. The other being a new company with a change in the ToS that removed ambiguous terms that intentionally allowed things to slip through the cracks. DBG's removed unfair, they added in player written, shared programs, they added in that provide advantage. Not unfair advantage which couldn't be proven, but advantage, which can easily be proven.
  17. Lokrian New Member

I get that and It totally makes sense. I don't follow any other games. Does WoW, Wildstar and the plethora of other mmo's allow it's use?
  18. taliefer Augur

what difference does it make how hard it is to set up? if its easy, does that make it "legal" and if its hard to set up, does that make it illegal? or vice versa?
  19. Tamier Augur

Not when it clearly violates the written ToS. And because of the new ToS, it does.
  20. Reht The Dude abides...

Exactly
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.