Stolen Character - Where is CS?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Pwnography, May 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pwnography Augur

Well,

Customer Support finally responded, more than a week from my petition. They refuse to assist in returning my character. I've PMed Roshen as a hail-mary, but Daybreak seems to have made it clear how they are going to support us in the future. Lock your accounts down with an authenticator - if you get phished, a decade+ worth of loyalty means nothing.
    Motherlee and Steampunk like this.
  2. Bamkan Augur

Sorry to hear about Pwnz :(
  3. Roxxanna Augur

I'm under the impression that we can't even get authenticators anymore. I find this most distressing. The offer stands.
  4. Ferry-Tunare Augur

As a public service announcement they no longer sell the authenticator.
    Motherlee likes this.
  5. Dre. Altoholic

An absolutely brutal injustice. Idk how the FV move functionality is still allowed. If I had a top 10 magelo I'd be a nervous wreck right now.
  6. sojero One hit wonder

Pwnz, offer still stands from me too, I will PL you back up and get you geared so you can start raiding again if you want.
  7. Elricvonclief Augur

Sorry to hear, Pwnz.

You've friends on Bristle who'd help you build a new character, remember.
  8. Cicelee Augur

I have met both Pwnz and Blastnastie in real life, and they do not appear to be the type of people who would create a scam to make a quick couple hundreds of dollars. They were guilded with me in Ring of Valor, and held their characters close to their hearts. I firmly believe that while there are those who would try to do the FV transfer/sell/delete/petition and claim stolen account/reactivate thing... Pwnz is not one of them.

I have worked in the retail industry for nearly 26 years. I am well aware of what customer service is, and what companies can and cannot do. I am truly appalled at what is currently going on with DBG customer service. I do understand that they have implemented policies that states what they will and will not do, based off of a history of people wasting their time with fake issues that eventually turned out to be fake. But the thing is, DBG has the full capabilities to do something about this specific situation- they are just merely choosing to do nothing.

I have been playing Everquest for over 15 years. My main, a magician, I created in February 2000 and last time I checked I was close to 600 days played on her. If you do the math, it comes out to basically playing 2 1/2 hours EVERY DAY for the last FIFTEEN YEARS. My account has never been shared with anyone. If I go to play Everquest today and see my magician is no longer in Ring of Valor...no longer on Bristlebane...no longer on any server... DBG is going to tell me there is nothing they will do? Seriously?

And while the offers to help with Gribbles and XP is definitely there and extremely gracious by several kind players... I cannot speak for others, but I seriously doubt I would want to take the time to get everything again. Augments, quests, anniversary rewards, tradeskills, heck everything in my bank that is a cherished and prized momento of my history... I cannot go back and get all that.

Well, I could go back. It is a choice. Just like DBG is choosing to disregard a 10+ year veteran of this game with a situation that has stolen everything this player has worked for for 10+ years. It makes me sick to my stomach, to be honest, to see the level of apathy and uncaring this company has for their customers. I would hope that someone with a red name reads this post, reads this thread, and realizes that not every person is looking to make a quick dollar like DBG does. Some of us are long time veteran players who just want our character back.
  9. Sinzz Augur

I haven't been following this situation, so don't flame me for asking but why on earth would they not reset a lost char? I mean oh wait now I know, the issue with daybreak/soe is the fact chars aren't really assigned a number for life so if you transfer that char to a new account it geta a new number if I recall , in that case I guess I can see why they don't want to but why don't they just fix this issue if that's what it is and then they could better track a char across the game for life?
  10. Roxxanna Augur

I'm not sure I'd want to start over again either, but I know in my case, losing Roxxie like that would eat at me for the rest of my life, I would have to resurrect her. It can be done, I have level more than a few guildies to 105, and with more than 1 person helping, it wouldn't take long at all.
    Hobitses likes this.
  11. moogs Augur

This happened in WoW to my cousin. He had never shared his Battle.net password with anyone. He was on vacation when his friend called him to ask if he was logged in and clearing out the guild bank. (His character's items were sold for gold.) In the course of their investigation, Blizzard found that the intruder had logged in from Russia. A week or two later, they were able to restore the character and items.

Hope you find a successful resolution.
    Motherlee likes this.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Paying CS staff is against the new company's MO. If this happens to you, it looks like their response is to reacquire your toon through gameplay. Except when one has a decade or more invested into a toon, that's not only not possible, but about as insulting as a company can be to a long standing customer. The whole thing is disgusting.
    Imrahil, Motherlee, Phrovo1 and 6 others like this.
  13. Iila Augur

The phrase you're looking for is:

Feel free to reroll a new character.

Even though there's no way to prevent malicious character transfers or deletions, and DBG can restore characters that were deleted years ago, the policy is "Go F yourself".
  14. guado Augur

@Daybreak
    They need to add another layer of security free of charge. How about we put like less than $500 aside from the Ragefire profits and add something that will only make your customers feel more secure?
  15. Roxxanna Augur

I'd pay to protect my character......seriously.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  16. Arwyn-RoV Augur

Its unimaginable to put as much effort as we do into these characters to have DGB essentially cast you aside when something goes off the rails. Some of have literally YEARS of /played time thats not AFK time making these characters.

We don't know the story behind each of these problems, but its painfully obvious that a feature that the Dev Team should be working on is better support tools and the company should provide a higher baseline level of support.

"Feel free to reroll a new character" is unacceptable and "You should have used an authenticator" is corporate abdication of responsibility. If this happened to me I'd happily PAY the equivalent of of a Heroic Character upgrade to both restore my character and have someone investigate and shut down the person(s) who perpetrated the theft, if any.

Implement payed restorations or give it to us as part of a paid subscription, but don't cast us aside.
  17. guado Augur

I think it's more the fact that they don't know how to restore characters rather than they won't. At least, it better be that way. Otherwise ... isn't that .. like.. really really poopy?
    Motherlee likes this.
  18. Glace Journeyman

They know how.
    It was done in the past.
    They choose not to.
    And yes, it's really very poopy. :(
    It is also very wrong.

Please bring back essential CS for issues like this. It not only hurts your long-time subscriber, it hurts their friends and the community they belong to in game.
    Motherlee likes this.
  19. Utaerx Elder

The physical authenticators aren't even available for purchase anymore, and haven't been for at least as long as Daybreak changed their CS policy. I wasn't even aware of this until, given what happened to Pwnz, I decided to try to buy one for myself. Then, digging through some old threads, I found others who reported not being able to purchase them as early as sometime in February. It's one thing to change your CS policy to no longer restore deleted characters, even though you've always offered to do this in the past, but to do so in conjunction with discontinuing the sale of the physical authenticators that customers might want to purchase in light of the aforementioned changes is insane.
  20. Bamkan Augur

Because then everyone would transfer their characters to FV, sell all their raid gear, profit on Kronos and then get the character restored by claimed it was hacked.
    With the recent bug where no trade gear could be traded, a friend used all his raid currency to buy raid gear then transfer it to another toon and transferred it to FV and sold it all. He then petitioned and claimed he was hacked and they stole all his raid currency.

DBG has a real opportunity to investigate Pwnz matter further, he has evidence of exact time that Station Cash was used and it can be summized that the transfer to FV happened at this time. They should be able to pinpoint and name changes, and where exactly Pwnz gear has gone to. They could then back track those IP's to identify other accounts that are involved in the scam. I would imagine that use VPN, but I'm willing to bet that there might be one account with a real IP on there.

The alternative is that characters are only worth something if you can transfer them to FV. Block that and it semi solves a problem.
    Motherlee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.