Holly wants to know who'd play on a 2nd server...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Loxias, May 26, 2015.

1. Loxias New Member

Source: https://twitter.com/TheWindstalker

Personally, I'd play on the second server. I did this a few years ago with Fippy and Vulak, and I never regretted switching to Vulak, it was a very enjoyable period for the first few expansions. From what I heard from friends on Fippy, the crowded nature of too many people at level cap made their experiences less enjoyable than my own, and the low level instances + higher population cap of Ragefire makes me feel like this is going to be significantly worse. I heard that instancing high level zones was being considered, but I feel like one of the unique aspects of early Everquest was its competitive nature, something that instancing will remove from the game.
  2. Ducreux Augur

I would switch to 2nd server if it had a faster unlock schedule, and I've already grinded 45 levels.
  3. Vindor Lorekeeper

I will spam it all day in the hope it could actually get them the idea, a new server with the following rules enforced :

- no ks
    - no train
    - no [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]
    Mishkin, jaytech and fazool like this.
  4. Binny45 New Member

Send all the hard core raiders over there!
  5. Kukaw Augur

no please
  6. Elkay Augur

Faster unlock schedule might help with that.
  7. oleris Elder

I like it when the population is high. I think just instancing a couple dungeons (guk etc) would be enough to deal with the population. When kunark opens, I'd maybe limit KC/seb to 2 instances max and the server would be fine.
  8. redwoodtreesprite Journeyman

First, put this in a ingame poll, not just a twitter thing. That said:

If it meant I, as a somewhat casual player that 2-box groups with my son's one character, would have a chance at playing more content, YES! As on Ragefire, it is grief city with no chance to farm any gear or minor names.
  9. Jadefox Augur

I'm going to stay on Ragefire. I really don't want to have to change my sig.

--Lazy Jade
    Aenu Holysight likes this.
  10. Zanarnar Augur

Same rule-set? most likely. Same with Kunark unlocked already? 100% for sure.
  11. Aiona Augur

I will probably be staying on Ragefire, though I would be interested in knowing the new servers rules so I can make an informed choice. Without that info? I'm not interested in transferring or starting a new character.
  12. Numiko Augur

instancing zones will not help the people sitting outside in the Queue for hours... adding instances will not let them raise the overall population cap of the server.
  13. Naberius New Member

I would be interested if they allowed transfers, however if they don't do something about the multiple account and 3rd party software, I will be canceling my account after the first month. More instancing of zones will continue to hurt the lack of player community already in the game due to boxing.
  14. Binny45 New Member

False! I didn't come here to get to current EQ quickly. I came here because of the slow unlock.

Lots of other servers who have the other expansions unlocked. Help yourself!
    Motherlee, Gythlen and Naberius like this.
  15. EmeraldOne New Member

I'd be up for it, if the friends I've made were willing. Plus if it had strict rules against large boxing parties (or all boxing sum total.)
  16. Loxias New Member

I would imagine the rules would be the same as Ragefire. Realistically, they're not going to try to enforce a no-[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] or 1-IP only server, for lots of reasons. The only significant change I could see possible is them taking whatever was 2nd on the vote for unlock schedule and making it the new schedule, but I would imagine factors like if they attempt to merge at a future date will influence that decision, probably without our knowledge.
  17. Elkay Augur

Except the instancing they're working on doesn't alleviate the max concurrent player problem across the server. The queue times don't get fixed at all by the instancing.
  18. Mullian New Member

No boxing, no botting I'd reroll immediately, but just opening another server won't solve the issue of one guild monopolizing both servers.
  19. Mappo Runt New Member

I would switch in a heart beat.
  20. Draden Elder

I go where this no que. If both have a que I unsub. Pretty simple.

If they have free transfers I have a feeling the new server will be more populated as people try to escape the que.

The new raid boss, The Que
    Motherlee likes this.