Queue system being tested today

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zujilli, May 23, 2015.

1. Zujilli Elder

Saw this today on Holly's twitter, they will be testing out a queue system today for Ragefire! \o/

"Our insane tech director wrote a queuing system last night for Ragefire. We will test it today and release as soon as possible."

source: https://twitter.com/TheWindstalker/status/602116031495057410

Many thanks to the dev team for your hard work over this holiday weekend! <3
    Mardy and Tamier like this.
  2. Elkay Augur

Even with all the backlash threads, I'm sure the community in general really appreciates all the extra work everyone at DBG has put in this week (and into the *holiday* weekend) to try to alleviate the launch problems with Ragefire.

Hopefully once the queue system gets in place they can see just how many people are sitting in queue on a regular basis. It will give them some hard numbers to decide whether another progression server is viable/appropriate.
    Mardy, Synisca, CocoaNut and 2 others like this.
  3. Glistarian Augur

Props to whoever got this done so quickly. Thanks for putting in the extra time!
  4. Oberon Augur

Now people will cry about being number 1000 in queue :p
    Geroblue, Tamier and Elkay like this.
  5. CocoaNut Elder

Indeed. We may not all appreciate it, but rest assured that most of us do.

I can't wait for the queue to be just 15-20 minutes. I wonder how the people crying for the second server will feel about that.
  6. Lierdal New Member

This will be great. I don't mind waiting to get in, I knew it would be hard for the first few days or weeks but I'd like to be able to join a queue and have an estimation, at least, of how long it will be. That and not having to click buttons non-stop for twenty minutes will be nice.
  7. Nuanil Elder

I've been able to get in with a single click since 10 pm PDT last night, and I've logged out a dozen odd times.
  8. Alexanders Augur

I believe the tech director is Steve? Way to go!
  9. Karhar Dream Crusher

Hopefully the Queue system won't time you out while waiting!
  10. Rauven Augur

Queue system for EQ?

Who coded that? They're insane if they can make sense of that old code.
  11. Naerae New Member

I would much rather sit in que then keep trying to hit play Everquest and killing my hands before I even get to play . Thanks for the hard work
    Synisca and Elkay like this.
  12. Demoncrusher Lorekeeper

I just saw that on her Twitter. That's pretty amazing.

Just last night they stated a queue wouldn't be possible with the code. I applaud whoever came up with a solution.

I need some employees like that for my department.

Demoncrusher
    Elkay likes this.
  13. Benzarden Augur

JChan did it. She is awesome sauce.
    Zujilli likes this.
  14. Exitx Journeyman

The people who do not appreciate all the hard work that DBG has put into this server will quit in two - three weeks anyways.
    Zujilli and Elkay like this.
  15. Tudadar Augur

They wont care. The que will be down to just 15-20 minutes because lots quit because of the issues.
  16. Skive New Member

From Twitter
    Nick Salonen
    5h5 hours ago
    Nick Salonen ‏@ecsos
    @TheWindstalker please don't forget about disconnections. Maybe write something for that scenario into the queue?
    Holly Longdale
    Holly Longdale – ‏@TheWindstalker

@ecsos she put all kinds of awesome in it that handles discos and maintaining position. We need to test it though.
    7:33 AM - 23 May 2015
    1 FAVORITE
  17. Harius New Member

Keep in mind guys, some dude probably stayed up all night, for no extra pay, because he loves his product and wants people to love it as well. I know this feeling. You want it to be successful.

He probably won't get a bonus, or anything beyond an "atta-boy". So at the very least give this guy some props for for caring enough to try to fix things.
  18. Kaayne New Member

So this will be their second attempt to put a band-aid on a broken leg.. and it will also do nothing.

Hey how about a 2nd server? lol
    Ltldogg likes this.
  19. Synisca Augur

SHE :) does seem like she cares a whole lot, and it's awesome that she was able to make a queue even possible. I would love to have a general idea how long it'll be, even if I'm number 1000, lol.
  20. Ltldogg Augur

As they should