[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and Boxing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by teagray2, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teagray2 New Member

Apparently the anti-boxers win this round.

First off, I use [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software].

I six box with it, and got 6 full access accounts just for this TLP. Why do I six box? I find it fun doing the configs, running my team, and not having to worry about leaving a group high and dry afking all the time as I go around the house doing crap between pulls.

Am I doing it to make money or farm stuff. No, the reason i can afford 6 accounts is because I made money in my job, and this is my fun time, not a job.

So today on Ragefire I was boxing in Sol Ro at lvl 13-16. Just killing crocs, not training people or causing any problems. And a little while later in Oot all my accounts disconnect. No idea why, but later when checking my emails I get this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Subject
    Your Everquest Account

Discussion Thread
    Response Via Email (GM Woebot) 05/23/2015 02:16 AM
    Hello Bermuda,

It was brought to our attention that you were using a third party program to automate gameplay in EverQuest. I watched your character in game to investigate these claims, and also attempted to contact you in game. Regrettably you were unresponsive to my numerous tells regarding the situation, and continued to attack NPCs. Due to this violation this account is being placed on a four day suspension.

Please realize that any additional violations will result in further disciplinary action, possibly resulting in longer suspensions or account termination. This is why we highly suggest that you take the time to read the Everquest Rules of Conduct, available at the below link, so that future incidents can be avoided.

Please take the time to read the Everquest Rules of Conduct, available at the below link, and be sure to adhere to the rules and guidelines within.

Everquest Rules and Policies:

https://help.daybreakgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16204

Sincerely,

GM Woebot

Incident Reference #150523-000063
    Product Level 1: EverQuest
    Category Level 1: In-Game Issues
    Category Level 2: Community Standards
    Date Created: 05/23/2015 01:58 AM
    Last Updated: 05/23/2015 02:16 AM
    Station Name:
    Server: Ragefire
    F2P:

Problem Description

Character Name
    Bermuda

times 5. didn't receive it on the main account I drive my boxes with. It's obvious which one is driving since the other all follow.

At no time did I ever recall seeing any GM tells or a GM. I don't have tells split out into another window and combat spam etc. I don't real watch especially since talking to people on vent while playing. Did I miss the GMs tells? If they went to any of the 5 boxes I'm not paying close attention to, for sure I did. Never saw it on the main box, but could have missed it there as well, cause again, why would i be reading that.

Ironic that it happened right after I bought station cash on the accounts too.

TO reiterate. I use [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and that's it. I was running my toons as I'm sure alot of boxers do with [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]. My config is pretty damn simple. I wish i had logs on to see if the GM in question ever sent a tell to my main driving box, cause that's pretty obvious which toon I'm driving from.

I would like a definite answer on using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] or not.

IS [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] against this line in the link in the EULA referenced:
    • Using 3rd party software or "hacks" to gain an unfair advantage over other players.

Cause from what just happened to me, it looks like a no. And I was looking forward to playing this weekend. Instead I'm having to decide if I'm done for good.
  2. Azzudien Augur

Sorry to hear you got the suspension, however reading the email sent to you it was not for the use of [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]. It was because of the lack of response to the tells, meaning the GM felt your were botting, not boxing.
    This is nothing new, GM's for years have
    caught botting by sending tells to characters to see if a live person is actually there playing or the characters in game are being controlled by program.
    I would suggest continue to play after the suspension, enjoy your game and play the way you like with your box team but definitely split out a tell window so that if it happens again you can respond.
    If you had responded to the tells, you would still be playing regardless if you were boxing 1 character or 10.
  3. Liquid Augur

I can see how some are going to jump for joy with this post. However I can see how this would be very frustrating and downright angry. I activated two accts. for this server...mainly because the idea of running Monk/Drood sounded appealing. I can see how I would never read the chat on my drood. NEVER. And when I first tested multi-boxing (on another server) I had her auto follow my Monk.

Hopefully you can contact customer service and get it sorted out. But be ready for the amount of glee that could be coming your way. It seems the individuals that run multiple toons currently are under direct attack via the forums.
  4. Alexanders Augur

The GM would be able to tell which is the main in a box setup it's very easy to do. Could you have missed many messages from a GM sure that's possible however when a box like that does not respond to tells and keeps merrily killing NPC's your going to look and act just like a bot. Using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is not the cause of your ban or they would have said so. The fact that it says...

This tells us your suspension was not due to [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] alone. If indeed you were only using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] then you should consider setting up tell windows and or audible triggers to notify you when someone sends you a tell. If you were using some other software or a programmable keyboard to basically grind mobs and play for you then consider yourself lucky its only a four day suspension.
  5. Liquid Augur

Is there a way in game to put of a toon message when they receive a tell? Such as "Contact Bermuda if you need something from this character"?
  6. Ducreux Augur

I usually put up an afk tag with "Tells to xxxx" and disable the auto-unafk thing.
  7. Liquid Augur

Wouldn't that with the recent fix boot you? I could have misunderstood the fix however.
  8. teagray2 New Member

When there's 100 people in Sol Ro. And stuff being pulled the minute it spawns, having an un attended toon doing the running and pulling I was doing to tag anything is BS. I was at the keyboard 100% of the time, grinding like a mad man.
  9. Lekkric18 Elder

I'm not sure but I think you can turn off the auto-afk-off and change your afk message, so you could put your boxes afk while they follow you and any tells sent to them would give a response that says something like that.
  10. teagray2 New Member

Any Gm with eyes could tell which toon was the driving toon. One tank and 5 casters. Casters all sitting on the beach in a ball. I'm positive I either missed the GM tell to the main box, or they didn't send any to the main box. Hopefully the former, cause the later is just 'wtf'
  11. Feradach Augur

You can turn on an option that pops up /tells to a new window. I'd recommend doing that so at least you'd see the change in your UI on any of the accounts if you receive one. You might also want to plead your case with CS. They very well may reverse the ban.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  12. teagray2 New Member

I filed a CS ticket. we'll see where it goes.
  13. Liquid Augur

Assumption wrong..still lvl one and not complaining. It's just the way of things for now. Feel free to keep belly-aching.
  14. Xenyn Lorekeeper

Sucks it happened but it's really all on you. If you "could have" missed a tell you probably do not gave your ui set up correctly. Any boxer running 6 should know they look suspicious and have a tells window.
  15. Ordo New Member

I know if other SoE/DBG games they have said that you can get banned for macro's that do multiple button press's etc... so maybe they are just using this rule for everything now.
  16. Vulak-Arkadius Augur

You were not banned you were suspended there is a huge difference and people seem to confuse the two, banned means you can never play again
  17. Azzudien Augur

The GM is not looking for a driving toon, regardless of how many boxes you have, you have to be responsive on every single toon. It is not difficult with [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] to have tell windows for every single character showing on your "driving toon" screen.
    You were banned for being unresponsive which mimics bot programs. Just fix your [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] setup to include tell windows and you will be fine in future.
  18. Jadefox Augur

However automation of the other toons is a violation. If the OP has 6 screens open (even if consolidated on one screen) and must enter a command to each character, then that's fine. but the moment anyone sets things up for multiple characters to do something on a single keypress, then you've entered the realm of automation.

To the OP:
    At least it's only 4 days, chief. Set things up differently, and be more diligent when playing, and if you do have 5 slaves chained to master, fix that. If not, just pay more attention to all the characters' tells. Oh, and leaving a sign up saying please contact me on another character is just a large clue that the character being currently contacted is probably being slaved (botted) not just boxed.

--Gumshoe Jade
  19. Devorum New Member

No, but using third-party automation (including key-repeaters and [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]) software is.

HTH.
  20. Feradach Augur

You are misinformed. SOE/DBG has told us that their only real requirement is that there is a human sitting at the keyboard, which means the multi-press thing is OK. Sending one command to six clients simultaneously is far from automation. To quote the noble Inigo Montoya: "I do not think it means what you think it means." The user just has to be paying attention to all toons, and if they aren't responding then it is logical that the GMs would assume they are a bot.
    Adrienna likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.