Boxing is ruining the server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ruiner, May 22, 2015.

1. Ruiner Lorekeeper

Not only is it overcrowding the server but it's destroying the social atmosphere as well. People running around with 6 characters should be ashamed of themselves.
    Rotlust likes this.
  2. Ruiner Lorekeeper

Great response from a boxer i imagine.
  3. yellowzombie Elder

The server has been up for a little over 12 hours.

Please let that sink in before you declare something is "ruining it."
    Xanadas likes this.
  4. Zinth Augur

want some cheese with that whine? I box too and already grouped with several nice people.
  5. Potsos76 Augur

I have one box that I didn't even log on last night, but I'm way past tired of listening to you big crybabies taking your nerdrage out on paying customers. The onus is on DGB to make the decisions a child could have made that would have made this launch much better, but by all means, blame boxers. A HUGE majority of people got to log onto a SINGLE account last night. I saw VERY few boxers. I saw TONS of people AFK. Get a grip.

I'm glad you liked my haiku though. Carry on complaining now.
    Lierdal likes this.
  6. Ruiner Lorekeeper

You are just flat out wrong.
  7. nectarprime123 Augur

Seems like you're complaining even harder.
  8. Potsos76 Augur

Proof? Yeah. You got nothin'. Like I said, you're frustrated. I get it. But you're blaming the wrong people.
  9. Lolthorn Lorekeeper

I was playing last night and again this morning before work. I was leveling in North Qeynos which was very busy. I think I saw 2 box groups total. I think you are over estimating how many people are actually boxing.
    Aanuvane likes this.
  10. Wayylon Augur

I've boxed before on normal servers, I have nothing against it, but dont try to act like by boxing right now you aren't screwing over a lot of people.
  11. Potsos76 Augur

Paying customer's fault. Not the fault of the company running the server. Got it.
  12. Lolthorn Lorekeeper

And no, I do not box.
  13. SyDiko Augur

You are forgetting that each newbie zone is instanced. Just because YOU don't see them, doesn't mean that they are not logged into the game in some fashion.
    nectarprime123 likes this.
  14. Isule Elder

It would be different if the 2ndary accounts were a different rate, they are not. Weather you (on one account) or that guy's 2nd account gets logged in, the same number of accounts are "pleased" and the same amount of cash flow is coming in. "stop boxing" isn't the answer as this brings in cash flow to Daybreak, which in turns helps the development, which in turn allows them to fund things like this for you. I personally 2box on a server (haven't tried to do the ragefire yet, if and when I do I will 2box).

Boxing is not ruining the server. People that do not log out are (and most of these are not boxers). Most boxers will go to outer lying areas, traditionally, so that they can be xping uninterrupted. It is like saying (back in the day when boxing was harder), the solo necros Agro kiting in skyfire, or wizards in Timorous Deep quad kiting, were ruining the game. Were they participating with you? no, but they were doing their thing they enjoyed.

If you do not enjoy boxing then don't, if you don't want others boxing around you I suggest you play a single player game as it goes on almost everywhere. P99 trys to contest the boxing but there are ways around it (hotspots on the 2nd comp etc).
  15. vardune Augur

NO the server login limit is ruining the server
  16. Ruiner Lorekeeper

Just open your eyes and look at the mage trains man.. It's not just the server capacity issues. It's the fact that people aren't even grouping together. They're pl'ing themselves with mage pets. You're right. Paying customers can do whatever they want but it's still lame.
  17. Eldrian Augur

Then in that case if a boxer is impacting your gameplay, chose another instance.
  18. yellowzombie Elder

Yeah, I did see a harem of mages autofollowing a dude around in FP last night, behaving in thr way you described.

The appropriate reponse to people who box multiple groups of the same class is pity.
    Genoane likes this.
  19. Akimo Elder

My God, I love you.
    We shall wed this evening
    I will make your child.
  20. Akimo Elder

Step 1: Reroll Monk
    Step 2: Acquire level 17
    Step 3: Train
    Step 4: ???
    Step 5: Profit