If it aint broke why mess with it?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dibab, May 19, 2015.

1. Dibab Augur

Ok so logging in after the patch today seeing all the TS vendors that sat around small bank just GONE? There was literally no need for this.
    Small bank was a great TS hub with vendors and stations right there and now just poof all that is gone?

you Daybroke it guys. You messed with the POK once before, you ate humble pie and put it back. Now you messed with it again? Another slice is hopefully already plated up.

*thumbs down for this change*
  2. Melanippe Augur

One can only hope this was a screw up with the launch of Ragefire.
    Nniki likes this.
  3. Silv Augur

See... everything is TLP's fault. I told you guys.
    roguerunner, Mintalie, beryon and 4 others like this.
  4. Kellaer Augur

Do I need to find another Police Academy .gif to describe the state of the Live servers again?
    beryon, Silv and guado like this.
  5. Roshen Brand Manager

This wasn't an intentional change. The May patch had some updates for progression servers, and some NPCs were flagged incorrectly in regard to if they should be available on live vs progression servers. This has caused some NPCs to disappear.

The team is currently investigating the disappearance of these NPCs, and plans on returning them to their rightful places once proper ransom has been acquired, and the demands have been met of those holding these vendors captive.

Any information that you're able to share regarding the disappearance of these NPCs can be shared in this thread.
  6. Silv Augur

Please.
  7. guado Augur

Look at Roshen, setting up the first campaign like a boss.
  8. redwoodtreesprite Journeyman

So, you are going to completely remove most of the crafting vendors on Ragefire? That is what this beginning to sound like...
  9. Silv Augur

Lost Merchants of Norrath.
  10. Roshen Brand Manager

If you're talking about Plane of Knowledge, this isn't a zone that goes live at the launch of Ragefire.

If you're talking about other missing NPCs, please provide additional info so the team can investigate their whereabouts.
    Soltara and Silv like this.
  11. Demmin New Member

What about Fabled mobs and Anniversary quest NPCs on Vulak and Fippy? Was that part of this flagging mistake?
  12. Roshen Brand Manager

Yes.
    Soltara likes this.
  13. Bamboompow Augur

Ragefire is a TLP? Well those vendors did not show up until Shawl 2.0. Unlock that and they come back? Just a guess.....

Seems to be how it works. It sounds like people want a TLP without having to wait for the rewards.
    Silv likes this.
  14. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

PoK won't unlock for a year or so anyways, so no big deal for Ragefire players.
  15. redwoodtreesprite Journeyman

Hmm, so there were no vendors that sold crafting mats until 2009? How did we get basic materials that weren't foraged or dropped from mobs before then?
    Fallfyres likes this.
  16. Reval Augur

Do time locked progression that starts at a month before this patch and stays there forever so that sanguine mind crystal is actually a useful aa. 9k hp that you can gain every 5 minutes is so level 70. (literally I think eldritch rune at 70 did that)

Additionally, feel free to increase the amount healed by sanguine mind crystal to justify the 5 minute wait.. and also increase the mana return off of azuur mind crystal since you can easily justify an improvement on that as well with the 5 minute wait.

In regard to people always threatening me by saying any time I post in a thread it is a thread bump and saying my posts are off topic, I think this fits brilliantly in the if it aint broke why mess with it discussion. Sanguine crystal wasn't really broke. I see why things were nerfed, but the way the nerf was done really killed sanguine mind crystal as an ability in particular even though that particular aa was never part of the problem to begin with.
    Silv likes this.
  17. Bamboompow Augur

Home cities for basics. Rest you had to go out and farm/forage or run around and buy from unique vendors or do quests for. Ask anyone who maxxed smithing with shadowscream armor or mistletoe sickles. Blue diamonds used to be a OMG I won the lottery item. They went to resist gear that took a while to get a whole kit of.

The global TS drops used to not exist either until I dunno what expansion.The ores, pelts etc. Didn't exist in the way they scale now nor in the abundance.

TS used to be a huge monumental achievement and rightly so. Maxing one trade used to take forever. Maxing all was almost unheard of. Trades also used to make really good plat. Now anyone can make their own stuff since the shawl aug and the relative ease to max trades. Its easy to the point that anything that makes it more easy is not going to make much of a difference/uproar.

If they want TLP to mirror how progression used to be, than all those perks over time need to stay out of game until the era that they were introduced is unlocked.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  18. Silv Augur

No one cares that it isn't a big deal for Ragefire players. It's a big deal for all of the Live servers where things actually matter and it has affected everyone already. Take off the tunnel vision :cool:
  19. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

I guess I should have quoted redwoodtreesprite and anybody else that was commenting about Ragefire. I don't have tunnel vision, and Roshen had already said they were working on a fix for the other servers. So I fail to see where I have tunnel vision. Thanks.
  20. porky Augur

The patch yesterday also did nothing to fix the chat channel problem. Instead it just made my raid force lag like crazy last night. Overall, with the enchanter ADPS nerfrape, and the vendors disappearing i would say the patch was a complete failure!