Necro - Ways to Proc Hand of Death

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Kongfoo, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Kongfoo Elder

I'm curious how you all proc Hand of Death? Life burn is the best way I've found but it has a long reuse so I can't use it for every Hand of Death. Another way is mage mod rods but this isn't always available. Also you can always just run up to the mob and get smacked but this pretty much requires pet tanking. Are there any other ways out there that people use to proc this? This requires you to get below 80% health for those who don't know.
  2. Nenton Augur

Self-Sacrifice AA. Don't have runes on.
    Kongfoo likes this.
  3. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

get hit
    Bobsmith likes this.
  4. Kunon Augur

Step into rampage.
  5. Bobsmith Augur

Tank that .
  6. RPoo Augur

duel a chanter and have them hit you with tears?
    Silv likes this.
  7. Necromonious Augur

Get hit (and to be extra crazy I like to shadowstep up to the mob, why run when you can tp), and sometimes you can have your old swarm jump in too, rather than just stand next to you like a buncha chumps in between mobs until they poof

Or else I always have mod rods since I boxed a mage. Well when I played
  8. ---Xislaben--- Augur

Duel somebody, and have em damage ya?
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

If you want to get hardcore, rock a cloak of the forgotten :)
    Kongfoo and RPoo like this.
  10. Reval Augur

11. silku Augur

I wonder if removing armor and putting it back on will trigger it? Does it have to be damage or just a loss of HP?
  12. Siddar Augur

Need a AA line for this that increases the health % number where this will fire.
  13. Brudal Augur

Shaman wild growth line can help as it raises max hps but not current hit points. Removing gear for the appropriate pause and equipping same will have similar results but may not add up to the 20% needed. Necros run approx 150K or more hps raid buffed, so you would need to be 120K of 150K max to trigger.

If Self-Sacrifice's reuse is viable, I agree that is the best method.
  14. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

this does not work. ive tried.
  15. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

to be clear this AA was intended to be like a "rampage" ability. a necros LAST chance to put up damage before he dies. to make it more simple and user friendly it was altered around a little.
  16. Brohg Augur

Wrong thing, Loratex, that's Dying Grasp. Hand of Death is the triggered version of Impose proc without counters.
  17. NerfAway New Member

If Life Burn is not up this is what I always use as a second option and yes make sure you don't have any runes up on you.
  18. Kunon Augur

He means the idea behind the AA is that the Necro is getting beat up, gets pissed, and goes on a rampage (damage bonus) to kill whatever it is that is beating up on said Necro.
  19. Ryanxp Augur

Very, very easy to get aggro as a necro

Nearly every fight I encounter, I need to FD to release aggression meter. HoD beginning of fight and don't send in pet initially when you pull is typically what I'll do
  20. Siddar Augur

You dont have to proc hand of death anymore you just cast it and its up the health % trigger was removed.