Advanced Loot - Known Issues

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Mar 26, 2015.

1. squidgod Augur

Saying it's "by design" makes it sound like you intentionally do not want people to know the stats of items they're looting.
  2. Hludwolf Developer

You can see all of the stats of the items that they are looting when it is in the loot lists.
    squidgod likes this.
  3. Iila Augur

It's to prevent mining for item data by editing your advl filters

#ITEM_ID^ICON_ID^ITEM_NAME
    45891^1443^Scale Ore
    81133^2078^Black Powder Pouch

Do a lookup on lucy/magelo's unknown item numbers, dump those numbers into the first slot, and "discover" all those items.
    Riou likes this.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I beg of you in the strongest way possible:

Please make it so that there is an option that if you have already chosen your choices on the loot that the Advanced Loot window does not pop up. In other words, you can choose to only have it pop up when it needs you to make a decision, not all on every mob's death.

This is, by far, the most annoying thing about advanced looting. The second most annoying is the very large timer before the corpse / chest opens up.
    Iila, segap and Ferry-Tunare like this.
  5. Maedhros High King

I do not use the Advanced loot tool, I have everything turned off.
    While leading raids, I have experienced a few times when I forgot to set the raid loot from "leader only" to "entire raid" that it will lock everyone out from a chest for 15 minutes, which seems like a very long and annoying arbitrary number. When I occasionally forgot anytime in the past, I believe it was only 2mins and 10 secs til people could loot the chest.
  6. chinchey Journeyman

I was in a Crushbone group on Ragefire tonight, was made master looter, and everything went well on the actions to roll for items. But, as soon as I clicked on the icon (gear) to select Leave on Corpse, I immediately crashed.
  7. Chorus Augur

after adding the 60th filter, sometimes the auto-roll will not pick up that an item has a filter applied and will return "no one was interested" message. Once that happens, that particular item's filter needs to be manually reset across all characters in the group and a re-roll generated.

The filters don't break too often when the 60th is added, but as the number of filters continues to grow, the filters start to break more and more often until they break constantly (100+ filters sees this pretty much every other corpse). I do 3 box, so not sure if that's tying into it somehow as well. The AN, AG and NV columns will remain checked when it breaks, but the ND, GD or NO columns will become unchecked after the first roll attempt and a second roll will have to be manually generated before the filters can be fixed, at which point it will normally go through. As the number of filters grows however, this work-around stops working at some point as well, which is the point at which the entire system becomes broken to the point of uselessness.
  8. svann Augur

Some items are not getting added to the advanced loot filter list. Im not certain its just poison mats but those are the ones I am noticing. Not all poison mats, just some. So while soloing with advanced loot on I keep looting junk I dont want and have no way to change it to never loot. One example is Distilled grade C mamba venom. There were several others but Ive deleted them already so I dont remember the names.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can we get raid chests fixed so the raid doesn't have to wait 15 minutes to be able to loot something! Looting is taking longer than the events.

Also if the only things I've left on a corpse are those marked as never, the corpse should unlock immediately. DON'T force me to click leave on corpse every time.

IF you cannot fix these things, just bring back the 2 min 12 sec corpse timer.
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Could you change it so mercs aren't counted as a group member? If you have advloot on, and invite a single person that has a merc up, it will ask if you're OK with using the master looter's loot rules. It makes sense asking if you're merging groups, but not if the "merge" is simply a merc.