Ragefire Beta Is LIVE - Preview the New Progression Server

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 7, 2015.

1. Munkh New Member

Unable to get in on either of my accounts. I get the splash screen then it loads everything, but right before the character select screen it's disconnects.
  2. Weverley Augur

Normal patch time.I prefer that over many zones been down like yesterday and this morning.
  3. Lilyedan Ownz'Yu New Member

The "issues" with mages(actually a pet thing that spreads among all pet classes but easiest seen in mages) and monks is that it is ingrained in the code of the game now and would take significant effort to change the low level dps specifically for a year of these progression servers while not effecting the higher levels. There is also not incentive for them to do so as very few, if any, people will quit because of this and more than likely people will pay to play extra accounts to take advantage of this. Class balancing, or unbalancing, has been an issue from the start of the game and will always be. With that your choices will always be one of the following: take advantage of it, ignore it, or don't play.
  4. Vasil Journeyman

increase the level on the mage pet spells by 4 until PoP
    force monk fists to be non magical
  5. CocoaNut Elder

I plan on playing Cleric primarily. Know why? Because I like playing Cleric. Play the class that you like, not the one that people are saying are OP. Heck, the claims of mages and monks being OP are greatly overstated in the first place. At the point where they are now, it's still advantageous for monks and mages to group (neither having access to snare, CC, heals, etc.), so guess what? The extra DPS is a boon to you when you group with one.

All saying "this class is OP" will do is cause more people to pick that class and then come away unhappy because they don't like the playstyle of the class. It really comes down to that. If you don't enjoy how a class plays, then you won't enjoy playing any more simply because you can do X% more dps than a class whose playstyle you would enjoy.
  6. Ekonnahn New Member

If you want us to post issues on the Daybreak Issue Tracker, could you perhaps consider creating a dashboard for Ragefire Beta so we're not mixing our issues in with the regular EQ data?
  7. Vasil Journeyman

I 6 boxed mages on beta. At level 10 using a level 5 bolt you hit yellow and even con mobs for 95%+ of their HP. 1/2 a second later the 1 or 2 of the 6 pets gets some swings in and finishes the job. You can clear orc and bandit camps in 30 to 40 seconds. Sometimes you lose a pet and you just recast. I labeled that button "IWIN"
  8. Misaligned Augur

I've done this on Test. It's fun for about 20 minutes then the novelty wears off. I realize I enjoy playing EQ to play with other people. I will box if it's absolutely necessary but it always starts to feel like work pretty quickly rather than a game. If someone wants to pay $90/month to play an MMO solo more power to them. I think it sort of spoils the spirit of the game but it's their money and DBG needs that money to keep things running, so whatever.
  9. Elkay Augur

Found the post, thanks! Also nice to know what it is, as I have limited time for the next few weeks to play.
  10. Elkay Augur

I used to raid 7 days a week in EQ/EQ2/WoW, but don't have much time anymore. It's easier to build a group than find one usually. I mostly 3 box on Live with 3 mercs when I play now. Up and running where ever I want to XP or explore in 5 minutes tops. If I jump on the new progression server I'll probably 2 box initially since the 3rd box was mostly for the extra merc and some backup heals. Like you said, to each their own if you enjoy your spare time. :)
  11. CocoaNut Elder

So six of the level 5 bolt spells will hit a level 11-12 mob for ALMOST their full health. Great. That's... not really as relevant as you think it is. That's about 16% of their health per bolt. Furthermore, how many people are actually going to pay $90 a month to play with themselves? If they do, there are far more efficient ways of boxing than 6 mages. Six wizards, for example. Those have much better spell damage than mages, so you'd be killing mobs without even needing a pet to finish them off.
  12. Zinkeh Augur

Only thing I've not read about yet is: Old/New Graphics and Char models? What UI will be available, etc?
  13. Elkay Augur

I wouldn't wish staring at the spellbook on anyone ever again.
  14. JChan Developer

Just be sure to use the "Ragefire" and "TLPBeta" labels and we'll find it.
  15. Beastro Augur

Put tokens back in zones that are actually up.

WTF were they taken out of old world to begin with???
  16. The Badger Lord Augur

Dear Roshen:

Spells like Breeze should be left in the game. They were added in Kunark, but were done so for a reason. Because they helped balance things out. Low level enchanters were a nightmare to level in classic until they did get clarity. What harm does leaving breeze in the game do? Maybe you don't have to leave all out of era spells in, but some, especially for certain classes at certain levels are actually a balance issue (wizard rain, ench breeze, etc). it was done on Fippy, etc, and you guys are leaving huge features such as Adv Looting up, which takes away from classic way more than a few quality of life spells do.

Looting corpses was a pretty big part of the game, the feel that clang sound of plat, having to be in range to loot the corpse, etc. I could go on and on with points, comparisons, and examples, but I'm not going to. There are many f other major features that are much more "non-classic" being left on this server than breeze. This truly baffles me. Not to sound rude, but it seems like sheer laziness or conveinance to leave adv loot and other features, but things that should be left in or changed that severely impact the game are not (I wrote about some of them in my class balance forum). How about adding (or leaving) in some important features like shissar poisons for rogues that will a ddress some issues?

Will there be any solutions to uber weak classes like rogues or warrior agro? Shissar potions, augs, etc.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ns-class-balance-doable-and-essential.219692/

Can you guys promise a vote 2 months in? It does no harm to hold a vote amongst actual Ragefire players to see if their minds change. If the will of the majority is truly 6mos of classic, nothing changes, no harm done, but if it's not, then you address a huge problem that will undoubtedly damage this server after a few months.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/classic-server-ragefire-boon-or-doom.220132/

Also, from feedback, it seems exp rates are still too high. This is for a number of reasons (stronger dps from groups vs original, no hell levels, no corpse runs which take your time, etc). If you guys wanted to make money on exp potions and stuff you should be lowering the exp rates. Many people are claiming you can hit 50 within a few days playing hardcore, and easily a few weeks playing more casually. With 6 months of classic Roshen, this is not good. Not good for your marketplace, and not good for the server overall. What are people going to do in Classic for 6months if they level cap within weeks.
  17. Pendaian New Member

I agree big time with Roshen on including items that were added to Kunark, plus all the quests that have been removed in the Beta that recall from playing back in 2001/2.

I know everyone wants to get started, but I won't complain if live slips a few days and starts after the May holidays. Sadly, from a game point of view I will be home from work that weekend and I won't risk suggesting to the wife that the game is more important than spending time with her dogs.

Otherwise I will appear as a Ranger on the 26th.

Good luck with the live launch and I look forward to my Beta gem award.
  18. Bandok Augur

They want us to check on things in Kunark now, that's why. We had several days in Classic, and they want us to do Kunark. Aristo has said they want to test things up to PoP, so we'll probably have Velious open in a couple of days.
  19. Vasil Journeyman

6 wizards can't do that because the mobs will attack the wizards and kill them. When you use mages the mobs attack the pets that you send in and they act as CC.
  20. CocoaNut Elder

None of that is true at all. Six wizards casting at once could insta-kill a mob. If you're that worried about getting hit, then have a wizard or two rooting (such that root goes off immediately after the spell lands). Also, mobs don't attack pets unless the pet's attacked them and no player is in melee range.

Advanced looting is completely optional and was an improvement to the game. If you don't want to use it, then don't use it.

I'm going to be tradeskilling, raiding, and working on alts.