Ragefire Beta Is LIVE - Preview the New Progression Server

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 7, 2015.

1. Behee Augur

What? That is exactly my point. Gold has value. FTP does not have any value at all on progression servers until there are a lot of AA's (substantially more than 1000 per class), or merc's. If you made them FTP before then everyone would just play FTP and not bother with Gold.

Not sure why this is so hard to understand.
  2. Brogett Augur

And why does progression server mean it has to have broken mage and monk dps?

Some things can be brushed under progression vs classic, but with it as it currently stands it makes a mockery of playing most other dps classes and destroy a lot of the fun factor for me.
  3. Slasher Augur

ya the mage pet's dps should be brought down by 75% at least.
  4. Bunnylove New Member

Got this to work now, I copied some random files from my live folder and it forced it to patch. Works like a champ now.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  5. Xanadas Augur

If it's a progression server, why are they removing so much stuff to pair it down to classic? If it was just a progression server they would have just left everything in (races, classes, defiant, etc).

Really it should be: "This is a classic server, unless something was too much work to do, then we just said eff it."
  6. random_bard_01 New Member

Uhh no.. Talendor is the Skyfire dragon... Ragefire is the Cleric epic guy/dragon
  7. Xanadas Augur

8. SpamFactory Augur

Ragefire was originally fought in naggy's lair and they moved him to skyfire at a later date. Even after they moved him he was still a 5 day spawn . The triggered version that exists today came even later.
  9. CocoaNut Elder

My body was not ready for a May 20th release.
  10. Elkay Augur

Seemed like a short beta. Do we know how many tokens will be needed for a beta reward this time around? Or if there even will be one this time?
  11. Qadir New Member

Beta reward was mentioned a page or two back and since it had spoiler warning I won't say what it was, just in case someone wants a surprise. Talk in server is about 50 tokens max. I haven't seen that confirmed or denied anywhere though,
    Elkay likes this.
  12. Khulril Journeyman

13. MacHammer New Member

I was excited about the new progression server. Ready to start up with EQ again. Tonight was my first try on the beta server. I have seen multiple zones down for hours. I changed locations to test other things... a translocator dropped me in the middle of the ocean of tears. Id say its not ready for live.
  14. Polovik New Member

Very good news.
    I love to play on P99, but I hope that there will be more players.
  15. CocoaNut Elder

Instead of taking a translocator, take a boat.
  16. Jarvius New Member

I get disconnected when trying to access the char select screen.
    Server status is up tho.
    Worked fine for me yesterday and this morning (like 6 hours ago).
    Am I missing something? Friend of mine has the same issue
    Zilla likes this.
  17. Korvalain Journeyman

Just subbed for allaccess for this.
    Is the Beta subject to a wipe when it transitions to live then?
  18. Fallfyres Augur

------------------
    Yes. There will be a bonus gift for those who participate, but characters will be wiped and Ragefire launches on May 20th.
  19. Korvalain Journeyman

Thanks. ;)
  20. Greendav Lorekeeper

Same here... i supposed the server is down for everyone in fact.
    Is it ?