FD Fails

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kongfoo, May 11, 2015.

1. Kongfoo Elder

Why are these still a thing?
  2. Phrovo1 Augur

Because after years of practice we still have a chance to fail. Get used to it!
  3. Uuvin Augur

feel free to reroll a non -fd class. then you wont have it to complain about.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  4. Iila Augur

Welcome to Everquest.
  5. porky Augur

LOL, JK. Seriously casters still get fizzles and resists all the time
  6. Melanippe Augur

Gate still can collapse, too. ;)
  7. Quatr Augur

On the other hand, Imitate Death doesn't fail, does it?
  8. Kellaer Augur

Oh sure, I can sympathize with the OP.

Spell fizzles.

Why are these still a thing?
  9. Beneden Lorekeeper

why are taunt failures still a thing?

Oh, never mind, let me answer that. Because it's part of the game!
  10. Kiillz Augur

because the game isnt perfect, nothing is perfect, and the frankly for that reason alone it should not be perfect either. If anything was a sure thing everyone would do it. The element of failure in any combat situation lends to the situation imo and the makes the player to rely on instinct and whatever else to better a bad situation. Casters have fizzles Warrior have taunt failures, why should us monks be any different on ability that can fail us in combat and force us to compensate to better the situation? and as stated here too there is always ID too, but still.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I just don't understand why we have to fight the mobs these days. You would think by now we could just look at them and they would die then just let Auto loot put everything in our inventory. And speaking of that why do we actually have to sell stuff.. can't it just convert to plat as it hits our inventory? Don't get me started on buying stuff... the game should be able to read my mind and just use my plat to get me what I want at a very cheap price. Just saying. Just don't understand why these are still a thing.
    Aghinem likes this.
  12. guado Augur

Fizzles. Why are these still a thing?
    Kiillz likes this.
  13. Quatr Augur

I suspect that the real answer to the original question is that spell fizzles, skill failures, the randomness of each melee round/crits/resists all combine to make each encounter unique and unpredictable. When dealing with trivial content it doesn't matter because you'll win even if the RNG hates you that evening. When dealing with gear-appropriate content it makes encounters challenging and, hopefully, more fun.
    Fanra likes this.
  14. Iila Augur

Gate, secondary gate, and tertiary gate can all collapse.

Evacs can leave people, including the caster, behind.
  15. Hawklight Yandli Elder

not as often, but occasionally I have had ID fail. It won't work vs some Named
    Quatr likes this.
  16. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

This was fun once in the past when a wizard or druid I was grouped with used their evac for normal porting because "it is faster" without realizing it can leave someone behind. So a non-gating class got stuck in the middle of a dungeon with no way out because their group just left :).
  17. Kellaer Augur

Why does Act of Valor fail every time? Each time I press it, I die!
    Sheex likes this.
  18. Iila Augur

You only have a one frame window to hit block, takes a lot of practice to land that trick. Keep trying.
    Sheex likes this.
  19. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Was that a John Oliver reference sir?
  20. guado Augur

No, I also had to ask a really really stupid question, with OP's masterful format.