Would a guild like this interest anyone?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dontee, May 10, 2015.

1. Dontee Elder

A long time ago I helped run a guild that had the premise that playing together was THE most important thing. I was wondering if this might appeal to anyone on Ragefire?

We had a few core rules the provided structure to the guilds ideals:

1) There was an enforced level cap within the guild, the guild progressed together. If you had more play time than others you made an alt and helped the rest, played an alt outside the guild, or **GASP** died on purpose to stay with the group. When the vast majority of the guild surpasses the average level, the level cap was raised.

2) You could only equip items you looted or traded for something you did loot (no twinking, on the honor system)

3) When a guildie was on, you made room for them in your groups and actively sought to group with guildies (facilitated by guild forums where groups could be scheduled)

4) At least once a week there was a level appropriate guild "hunt" that would take us to a place less often traveled or a "level appropriate" target (our first "raid" was against Mooto in Misty Thicket for example as a bunch of level 5's)

So.. any interest?
  2. Vlerg Augur

sounds like your typical casual guild...

and you will likely end up hunting in unusual places due to the lack of available XP spot anyhow.
  3. Dontee Elder

Yes mostly, just with a few twists (#1 and #2)
  4. Agrippa Augur

I'm sure that the idea will appeal to some, but I don't normally care for people restricting the gameplay that I'm paying for in multiple ways. Some exceptions, such as a play nice policy or minimum raid attendance do exist.

1) I could see this working on a progression server, but if you're talking about level caps of twenty, thirty, or anything lower than fifty in classic, I think you'd be asking for trouble. I've had characters in progression guilds that limit the levels, abilities, and gear by expansion, though, and enjoyed my time in those.

2) I wouldn't agree to this, but it might appeal to some. I think the only gear limitations that I would agree to would be as I described above.

3) I like this idea and it's how I normally play, but there are many times where I'm afk more than being active. I think this is something that should be encouraged, especially by leadership and officers, but not strictly enforced. Even without being expected to group with guildmates whenever asked, I already feel guilty when I don't and, more often than not, end up grouping and blowing off the things I was working on outside of Norrath.

4) Guild events can be a lot of fun. I like the idea a lot, but there would be times I couldn't commit to them. Events that include main characters are typically more fun than those that don't.
  5. Dontee Elder

Thanks for the feedback... all open to what the majority might be interested in, of course.
  6. Until We Felt Red Augur

Too many rules for me. To me, there's nothing wrong with outleveling people in the guild or equipping bought loot, etc. The problem is when these people get ahead and then can't be arsed to group with those of lower levels. To me it's a lot of fun to level for a bit and then join lower level groups to help them through their camps and leveling. As long as someone makes guild groups and participation their top priority, they are a good guild member.
  7. Dontee Elder

I agree, but a lot of times if someone isn't the "right level", they don't group with lower guildies. So it doesn't seem like there is much interest, and that's fine, I was just tossing out a feeler. Have a good one.
  8. Until We Felt Red Augur

I actually think you would have some interest. I was in a guild on Trakanon with similar rules (actually even more stringent than yours) and they managed just fine. I just meant for me personally. But I think this idea would be even more popular after a few months, when classic is beginning to lose it's luster and people have a couple of 50s and they're looking for something a bit different. It might feel restrictive before then is all.
  9. Liquidsky New Member

I'd be interested in a guild like this.
  10. Dontee Elder

Liquid, If we get enough interest to make a go of it, Ill PM you :)
  11. Roccodundee New Member

Count me in!
    Dontee likes this.
  12. Kahna Augur

The gear thing would turn me off. I imagine you would want to discourage plat farming and twinking, but you don't have to plat farm to save up the cash from selling trash loot to buy crafted jewelry, or low level items from other camps. Considering item camps are going to be prime real estate you may find yourself with nothing but camps that give plat, and not crazy levels of it at that.

Buying gear from others is very classic EQ, and doesn't mean you didn't work for that gear, infact you may have worked harder, because it can take a lot of bone chips to get enough money to buy banded.
  13. Dontee Elder

Kahna, what you described would be just fine, as you did the work....would love to have you join us
  14. Invictvs Augur

This sounds like gonorrhea wrapped with a silken bow
  15. Xackery New Member

I'm for it. Need help making a forum?
  16. Dontee Elder

If we get enough interest (looks like there might be already), Ill make a site and forums for it shortly :) Once set up, help with administration would be great, thanks.
  17. Batbener Augur

Yes, this guild will interest someone. Me? HAHAHAHAHAAH, no.
  18. Kahna Augur

I play during off peak hours, and will be looking for a guild that is active during that time frame, but thank you for the invite.
  19. Dontee Elder

http://loreseekersofnorrath.com is now live for anyone that would like to sign up, also please visit the forums and start to leave some information about yourself! Ill be working to get the site updated soon with more details.
  20. Tachyon Augur

We did that on Stromm with the Lore Seekers of Norrath. Some who were in the guild were palying alts, but we all stuck together and had an enforced level cap that kept us all together. I think we spent about six months going from 1 to 50, and it was one of the best EQ memories I have.