Ragefire Beta Is LIVE - Preview the New Progression Server

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 7, 2015.

1. Lolthorn Lorekeeper

Honestly, I am curious about this myself.
  2. Mardy Augur

Publicity and up/down votes of reddit apparently helps.
  3. Vaclav Augur

Replying to myself to say that this worked - in case anyone has a similar problem down the line.
  4. Rorce Augur

Am I understanding this correctly...DBG wants us to go to third party websites to report bugs we find with this server? I just popped back on here to report some oddities in the /claim that shouldn't be allowed on this server, and read this little bit and am now completely baffled. I'm not registering with a third party site to give feedback or post bugs.
    Feradach likes this.
  5. Kahna Augur

WHy should daybreak reinvent the wheel when the community had made such a lovely and organized means of tracking bugs and making sure stuff isn't posted numerous times.
  6. bloodbeard Elder

I may have not seen a response to this question... if there is an answer already I apologize.

If we had beta files already installed, will that work? Or is this Ragefire beta an install all to itself?
  7. Rorce Augur

I just ran my normal Beta install. It had a 480mb patch. Working fine.
    Iila and bloodbeard like this.
  8. Sneers New Member

what server is it, test or beta?
    bloodbeard likes this.
  9. Mardy Augur

beta
    bloodbeard likes this.
  10. bloodbeard Elder

Thanks folks! :)
  11. Roshen Brand Manager

We covered this briefly in the post here.

From this post:

When we hear someone talk about a bug, our team needs to goes in-game to confirm it’s an issue first before we work to fix it. Having YOU involved finding these bugs and having members of the community confirm that they’re legit will save our game devs HUNDREDS of hours each month, that we can use making the game better for you.
  12. Rhynno New Member

In the new beta file ...what eq launcher do I use to create desktop short cut?
  13. Iila Augur

New beta spell file to dig through!

Now I know who was responsible for this:

[46278] DCronkhitePH119
    [46278] Retribution
    Restriction: Beta Only
    Target: Caster PB
    Resist: Unresistable
    Reflectable: No
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 1.5s
    1: Increase Current HP by 0
    Text: You are done in by bad things
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Magic
    Reflectable: Yes
    Casting: 4s, Recast: 1.5s
    Push: 1'
    1: Decrease Current HP by 74980
    Text: You have been struck by the wrath of the gods.
    Silentchaos likes this.
  14. sojero One hit wonder

So you want people to go make accounts on other websites...NO. I don't trust them, will not make an account over there. There is no reason to ever go to a 3rd party site to report bugs about your companies games. If you like what they did so much, buy it from them and incorporate it into your site, with your ssl cert, and with the current daybreak login credentials.

Make a forum here, call it Ragefire beta, and allow people to post the bugs/feedback there, and oh my, if people say they are also getting them, go check them out. There is nothing you can do there that you cannot do here, with more trust and willingness to work from your userbase.
  15. Mardy Augur

reddit is widely popular and legit, get with the times :) Many games developers use reddit to comb through feedback and info. One of the good things about reddit is their fairly strict moderation and how they separate flames & rants from bugs and other useful info. Plus the up & down votes help developers see which threads the community feels are most important to them.

I was against using 3rd party sites but after being forced to use it when I played ESO, I actually got used to reddit and found it fine to utilize. In many ways it's superior than what this forum has to offer.

Bottom line is there's nothing to not trust reddit. As for the other link, that I'm not familiar with, but seems to be something Daybreak chooses to use these days.
  16. jagarr Augur

cracking into a sunshine pils and ready to party *K--KSHHH* lets beta.
  17. Ltldogg Augur

18. Crystilla Augur

I will not now or ever make an account with Reddit for this game. I can't stand the layout, find it extremely cumbersome and well call me old but it's too "young" for me.

That said, I'm learning my way around the DGC issue tracker (which has worked really well for other games) and am more than willing to do something that will help save our limited dev staff time.
  19. Maxe Augur

Your beta patcher is making me download a 10 gig file, and now I'm worried if I stop it, it will completely screw up my install of the live game. Can you tell me what's going on with this?
  20. Ducreux Augur

10gigs is the size of the EQ folder. Did you create a copy folder of your EQ directory folder and select it when you ran the beta installer like the instructions said?