Ragefire Poll Results and Beta Information!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Aristo, May 6, 2015.

1. Darth Augur

I used a race change potion on Vulak day one of Kunark to become an iksar, it set my bind to Field of Bone.
  2. Wyntyr Journeyman

Is a paid subscription needed for Ragefire?
  3. Darth Augur

Did you even read the post?

Go back and read the post.
    Eliseus and jagarr like this.
  4. fransisco Augur

will there be corpse runs?
  5. Krysanth Elder

Just want to say thank you for finally bringing us another progression server. I appreciate all the effort, and I'm sure this will be a win-win. For the players and for the company.

Krysanth
    <Twisted Legacy>
  6. Fhiele Augur

Keep in mind, 6 months in Classic means even casuals will probably get a chance to gear up in Fear/Hate armor.
  7. Sarticus Journeyman

Stupid question here, how do I go about downloading the Beta Client? Haven't played for some time and I'm not sure on it. Thanks in advance! :)
  8. Riou EQResource

There is a download link the OP. If you have a live install it is better to give it its own folder so you aren't constantly overwriting itself from Live <-> Beta
  9. Fallfyres Augur

------------
    Double BLEH.
  10. Behee Augur

Not sure why Fallfyres thinks this is a double bleh, seems to me that's exactly what should happen.

EQ has a lot of fall-back code it seems. When the Gloomingdeep Tutorial comes out the tunnel leads to PoK until Crescent Reach activates.
  11. Behee Augur

What about instancing group zones (no raid mobs) after the newbie zones? Is this a consideration (I assume based on population and demand)?
  12. Fallfyres Augur

-------------------------
    Because we all have personal opinions, and mine is that the less buying of things that should be earned, the better. I approve of choice for players, and the gaming company making money of course.

But there are so many fru-fru items for them to sell instead of anything relating to a characters actual leveling path or utilizing i-r-l money which enables one to have an advantage over another ingame. It is what it is, but that is why I personally feel 'double bleh' about being able to buy the Iksar (*yummy extra regen) on a new Progression Server versus rerolling and bringing one up your own damn self (*not directing that solely toward you Beehee, just an expression that describes my feeling about the idea!)
  13. Smokn Augur

the only question that matters....will you be able to buy a race change potion on this server....i DONT want to wait 6+ months to make the only toon i want to play on this server which is a iksar monk....
    Sheex likes this.
  14. Stumphobbler Elder

Likely not since the server is going with "classic only" and Iksars were not introduced until The Ruins of Kunark expansion. So i seriously doubt you see any ikky's running around.
  15. Rynda New Member

Fhiele said:

"Keep in mind, 6 months in Classic means even casuals will probably get a chance to gear up in Fear/Hate armor."

No it does not. The 6 boxers and power guilds will lock everyone out. This is guaranteed. Show eq was rampant last time on Fippy and people teleported immediately to spawns as they popped. Getting that gear is nigh on impossible for casuals logging on only in the evening.
  16. AntiGriefer Journeyman

Wrong. There will be people monitoring this. If a guild feels like locking down something. they wont be very successful. There are ways of punishing this behavior. A single player can really have fun punishing such actions. There are classes that are very adept at this.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  17. jagarr Augur

=|
  18. Mardy Augur

This isn't 1999, guilds will laugh at your attempt to wipe them. Raid targets will be killed within a minute they spawn.
  19. Sarticus Journeyman

Does anyone have a direct link to the beta client download? I am not finding it anywhere, but I am also at work on a military base and some things aren't available to me. Cheers!! :)
  20. Bandok Augur

It's in the OP on this thread...
    Sarticus likes this.