" If it turns out that the majority of players on the server decide they want a change before that..

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Invictvs, May 6, 2015.

1. Invictvs Augur

Do not leave us in Classic for 6 months.
    Cloudous likes this.
  2. Tudadar Augur

I dont see this changing. The month long polls were a big deal. I think the best people can hope for is a vote about speeding up the server after 1.5-2 years.

There really should of been a compromise.. Everyone wanted the perfect settings for them but didnt really care about what others wanted/werent really willing to give anything up. Im surprised velious came in second and more people didnt agree with classic only period but make it shorter then campaign for it.
  3. Lron Server Legend Augur

Im fine with polling till eternity, the facts will remain. People want to be in classic EQ for a long time.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  4. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

remind me. how long was it classic only on the prior servers? how many votes did they cycle through before kunark came out?
  5. Vaclav Augur

Why, I could be having a problem recollecting in my advanced age, but I do declare that it passed on both servers the first time a vote came up for every single vote until GoD. (which was only delay by around a month or so)
  6. vardune Augur

Yes leave us in classic for 6 months.
    liveitup1216, MBear and Xanadas like this.
  7. Xanadas Augur

Stand your ground, DBG. 6 months. Period.
    MBear and vardune like this.
  8. Hateseeker Augur

If anything, what's been proven is that there is a polarization in people wanting progression vs non-progression.

If enough people populate the new server, they REALLY need to consider opening a second one with faster progression and offering transfers. (or, no need to offer transfers if they open the second one fast enough)
  9. Invictvs Augur

They've obviously given themselves leeway by saying, If it turns out that the majority of players on the server decide they want a change before that
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  10. vardune Augur

Yes we voted. 6 months. If u dont like it go take a break for 3 months and come back.
    Nolrog likes this.
  11. oleris Elder

server will be locked at velious for a LONNNGGGG time no worries :)
  12. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

People that were not on Fippy/Vulak say that now, but I doubt the majority of them will be saying that 2 months into classic, that is if they last 2 months.
    Irbax_Smoo and Cloudous like this.
  13. Vaclav Augur

There was many posts claiming the same of Fippy and Vulak - how did those turn out?
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  14. MBear Augur

It is going to be summer with lots to do and it isn't a race for me. Lots of us will still be ramping up our play hours 3 months into classic and probably won't even have maxed many alts yet.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  15. Invictvs Augur

I would love to see how drastically different the polls are going to be even a month after the server goes live.
    Irbax_Smoo and Cloudous like this.
  16. Brunlin Augur

Everquest was released in March 16 1999, Kunark was release April 24, 2000. So I propose a year!;)

No, seriously ..I am ok with it being 6 months, but I can relate to both sides of this topic. Even though I am in the 6 month camp..I would be up for a compromise for classic only,to be reduced to 3 months,as long as Kunark and Velious remained at 6 months. This would give us some more room to play around in while maintaining the nostalgic factor

I remember people near cap before Kunark ...camping the gnome guards because of lack of end game leveling options. They would let people like me waiting near by to loot a few...if we would just fetch them some food and water from Akanon from time to time :).

3 months- 6 months-1 year!!! Either way I am still in :cool:
    MBear likes this.
  17. Fallfyres Augur

-------------------
    So the likelihood of that happening may be weighted toward its occurrence again ... OR there may be a different participant/player base in play this time who will vote differently.

How about we get to enjoy what the company has stated will be the parameters for this server for at least awhile before yet another vote is put in. If you are asking the devs to backtrack, reconsider their poll, their hard work these last months toward this new progression server, I wonder: what was the purpose of having this poll at all?
    And again, I restate, this player poll or 'vote' is by far NOT the only element that went into DB making these decisions.

Let 'er rip DB...we're gonna have a fun journey!
  18. Kildire New Member

I would think any poll done of the players actually playing 3-4 months into the server's life would more accurately reflect the will of the paying customers, than the previous polls. It is in their best interest financially to do polls checking in on the players wishes from from time to time.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  19. Trevalon Augur

lol, clearly you didnt play on the first 2 rounds of progression servers.
  20. Trevalon Augur

6 Months in classic is a long time.

I would be for letting it run for 3 months then doing a poll ONLY on Ragefire to ask if people want the server to progress after 4 months or wait the full 6 months and see what people say then.

I may one of the most die hard classic supporters on this forum and even I know that 6 months is way too long. I know this because I played on both sets of progression servers.

I guess well just wait and see what happens and no matter what happens your gonna see me there and playing.
    Irbax_Smoo, oldemangamer and Cloudous like this.