An Update & Announcement from Project 1999!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Apr 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zekreject Journeyman

Thanks for this, its good for P1999 and good for DBG.
    As p1999 player, it has encouraged me to sign up for the TLP server.
    Crystilla likes this.
  2. TitusMaximuss Lorekeeper

Its very cool of them to allow P99 to continue, but at the same time it makes since. I'm just more bummed out that EQ Live is seen as an inferior product in the gaming community than the project 1999 experience. It has vastly more Twitch streams than EQ Live, but maybe that's just because most folks on EQ Live use unsanctioned programs and they are afraid they will be caught if they stream. Just my 2 cents.
  3. Machen New Member

Is there, or is there going to be a legal source for the Titanium client?
    Wayylon, Xanadas and DoRFspider like this.
  4. Potawatomi Augur

Has hell frozen over?

I'm not being negative. I never thought I would see the day.
    Siffums and Fallfyres like this.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

What I read into this is that this will be the last progression server we will have. Daybreak wants to ensure they make a profit off it so they have made a deal with P99 that lets them do so at the cost of making money off any future progression servers.

Daybreak is owned by an investment managment firm. You have to look at any actions they take from a business perspective. Official approval of the P99 servers also brings into greaer question Daybreaks commitment to the regular EQ game.

MAYBE they could never legally shut down P99 and so are making the best of a bad situation. But saying that Daybreak has gotten all warm and fuzzy about P99 is not very likely.
  6. DoRFspider New Member

This is great news. But...

PLEASE look into providing a legal path to play P99 safely. Myself and many others would be more than willing to pay for easier, virus-free access.
    Wayylon and SnapVine like this.
  7. Kravitz Augur

This is excellent news. One positive thing that DGC has done in a long time!
  8. Tachyon Augur

That's pretty cool, thanks Daybreak!
  9. Haynar New Member

My take is this. DBG is taking a more vocal stance in support of their community. And in P99's case, very stout EQ enthusiasts.

If there is any money to be made, it would be selling copies of the legacy client distributions such as Titanium. A $9.89 digital download would pay proper homage to 989 studios.

This is a positive step. And frankly, good, easy, simple PR showing community support.

Haynar
    Siffums, Wayylon, Neealana and 5 others like this.
  10. oleris Elder

ok mr. p1999 developer
  11. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

12. Norathorr Augur

Glad that p1999 is not a bad word around here anymore. I am sad that Winter is stalled again but at the same time glad that p1999 is safe. I am unlikely to come back to live due to the game moving in a direction that I find tastless, but I'm glad you guys have enough respect for the fans to allow p1999 to live on. This is the best thing I have seen Soe/Daybreak do in a long time so you have all gone up in my estimation and coming from a guy who really does not like Daybreak these days thats a big compliment!
  13. Ducreux Augur

P99 will look for any excuse to delay velious again lol.
    Potawatomi and Kolani like this.
  14. Slasher Augur

One step toward listing emulation servers with official ones to let all players enjoy them without having to find the client illegally.
  15. Ozni Elder

Good on you Daybreak, was really hard trying to pretend like those guys weren't doing something completely awesome.
  16. Slasher Augur

Daybreak could easily do the same thing and make money doing it. Do a real classic server that requires all access to play on. There is obviously a fan base for it.
  17. liveitup1216 Augur

Eh I honestly don't think they'd be able to do it right. For one, they'd allow boxing which would absolutely destroy the server. P99 has been pretty bloated in Kunark for so long, but at least it is individual humans locking down content rather than a small handful boxing everything.
  18. Beastro Augur

19. Slasher Augur

They could remove boxing for any server they want by checking hardware ID on every connection to the server. Removing people who're using Multiple PCs is impossible though.
  20. liveitup1216 Augur

There's no way they would do it though. They'd rather have the money from subs.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.