[Dev Request] Remove No Trade from alternative currency

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hazimil, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Ferry-Tunare Augur

I would like to see a trade-in program for downgrading the currency. It helps the returning players who missed something and are able to pick up raid a win for the achievement to unlock an item but are unable to farm an entire older expansion every week for 2 months to save currency.
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Either make alt currency trad-able or make it so I don't have to do like 20 Dino missions for a piece of gear. The item cost and currency per mission is just mind blowing stupidity.

Moreover, put all item templates on a dang named so I can just camp it and avoid this boring brutality altogether.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

Just do the raids. They aren't all that difficult. And amassing coins is pretty easy. I know since we started casually raiding cotf T1 I've earned approx 2k coins.
  4. Ratbo Peep Augur

I *might* agree with making it heirloom, with the proviso that said alt had to have the win(s) to unlock the item(s) just like anyone else. But past that - NO.
    -R
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Ratbo Peep Augur

NO.
    Making alt currency tradeable open up a whole work of grief.
    Yes, there is a problem with the TDS Group Game.
    A lot of the (very) best stuff is *only* available via alt currency and the currency per HA is quite low. This is indeed the "strange behavior" that our Dev's are forced to resort to when they are mandated to make 1/2 an expansion last a whole year. The other side of the mouth said that repeating the same HA's over and over is "not fun". Well... It's not fun, particularly when such repetition ad-nausium is mandated to purchase even a single piece of top Group Gear - with no other avenue available to camp or earn it.
    -W
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Grief like what? 1mil for a krono? I'm on Bristlebane, they've already been that high. You're condoning poor development choices of this game by the Devs in this post. How about we receive content instead of repeating the same missions all the time?

I'd be more than happy to take this currency Raiders don't need for a set of rings.
  7. segap Augur

If you don't like the amount of play time required to farm plat to play for free, try paying with real money. Seriously, krono lets you play for free. Either put forth the effort or pay up.

On subject, if the currency purchases no drop items, the currency should be no drop. Otherwise you're just opening a loop hole. Regarding TDS group currency, the prices are way, way too high. For the few slots I cannot get wanted items off a named, I'm living with cotf gear. Grinding 15+ HAs for one item is far from my idea of fun.
  8. Orienn TreeHugger

I dunno having alt currency not no trade would help my main out rather than my alt having tons of t1/t2 cotf currency just rotting away. Lowering the cost of chase items would be pretty nice, especially on cotf/rof ones. Or hell give us more currency per raid win than before would make everyone's life much better
  9. Silv Augur

Feel free to re-roll a new character on FV if you want trade-able whatever.

If this was on normal servers you would just have guilds selling /DZadds for the credit and then sell you their currency. Saying that having the 'flag' makes it like some kindof accomplishment or entitlement is laughable.

I'd be okay with downgrading currency that you earned on your character but never any type of trade-up / tradeable currency.
    Ferry-Tunare and Iila like this.
  10. Orienn TreeHugger

I'm not rerolling nor would I ever xfer to FV
  11. Kellaer Augur

Can you do that with items? Why do people think currency is any different? WHY
  12. Goth Augur

transfer to FV if you want no trade removed.
    Kellaer likes this.
  13. Roxxanna Augur

NO, I'm tired of seeing high lvl toons with all the best gear who DONT KNOW HOW TO PLAY THEIR CLASS, because they paid their way to the top. Heirloom would be great, but tradable NO!
    Silv, Phrovo1, guado and 1 other person like this.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This will never happen, the devs have said on multiple occasions that they will never let you trade up currency and even trading down would be very unlikely as they want you to do the content the item was from to get it.
  15. Orienn TreeHugger

trading items back to the vendor would be nice i mean you can with arx ones but for a measily 5 currency
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I don't think they want people to loot items on raids just to sell them to the vendors.
  17. Orienn TreeHugger

I get what your saying but like say I upgrade a piece to a better piece the left over piece that's either going on my wall or tributed could be better used to get some currency back so I could eventually get a vendor piece quicker
  18. Esquiline New Member

For all the people talking about how it would open the door to plat farmers and "break the game" etc.... really amusing assertion given that Chronobines are and have always been OMG!!! trade-able..... yet never really were an issue on the "breaking the game" front....even when the game was livelier and a lot more enticing to plat farmers than it is now.....just saying. It's nice to at least be able to move the ton of chronobine I made in that expac to alts to at least pay for houses etc.
  19. moogs Augur

Brellium tokens are now tradeable. You can buy Gold Tokens from the Loyalty vendor. Dream motes were tradeable from day one.

I don't think this would be appropriate for current (previous 3-5 expansion) raid currency though. Making them Heirloom would be fine, so you could consolidate currency earned on multiple characters if your guild asks you to log in a different class for an event.
  20. Laronk Augur

it's tradeable on FV, come over here if you want tradeable raid currency