[Dev Request] Remove No Trade from alternative currency

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hazimil, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Hazimil Lorekeeper

Considering that most raid loot is only purchasable with alternative currency once a particular raid/event or achievement has been completed, surely it’s about time that alternative currency should no longer be No Trade, and be tradable.

People won’t be able to purchase loot unless they have taken part in a raid which grants them access to the loot, so this will keep raiders raiding, however it gives them the chance to buy alternative currency to get loot they require, without having to do hundreds of raids (Bloodstained Shoulders for example)!

This will greatly improve the gaming experience for us casual raiders!

Haz!
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  2. Donutsz12 Elder

no no no no... wow no.....

This just opens the door for plat farmers to start selling other forms of currency for cash.
    Iila, Melanippe and Kiillz like this.
  3. Kellaer Augur

4. Cicelee Augur

Takes exactly 36 T2 raids to get Bloodstained Shoulders. If you throw in a weekly Plane of War raid, this drops to 29 raids. Performing the four raids each week, it will take less than two months to acquire Bloodstained Shoulders.

The above was fact. Here is another fact- the OP idea is not a good one and should not be implemented for a myriad of reasons.
  5. Kiillz Augur

no on just so many various reasons. Pandora comes to mind.
    Iila and Melanippe like this.
  6. porky Augur

It might be alright for older forms of currency, Idk how many expansions you would want to wait. But it would allow players to finally spend(on some alt maybe) some of that currency thats just taking up space on our currency page.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  7. Vlerg Augur

Yes plat is useless on live server.

You can have tradeable currency on firiona vie.
  8. Porterz73 Augur

Not crazy about removing No Trade from currency but I could get behind making the currency heirloom.

Heirloom has some nice advantages. (Still should require 1 win to purchase loot)

- If the currency was heirloom it would encourage people who are fully geared to go back and help others that are catching up

- the ability to move to an alt would not affect the economy and would not help plat farmers

Having piles of this stuff which is unusable is not great, making them heirloom would make them very valuable to the player that has earned them.
  9. Melanippe Augur

Just plain no.
    Kiillz likes this.
  10. Kellaer Augur

Never got this argument.

If you have a lot of currency on your currency page, that means... you did that content a lot. It doesn't mean it should be removed and turned into something else. If I farmed Lower Guk and got 10,000 ghoul tongues, it meant I farmed Lower Guk a lot. It doesn't mean 10,000 ghoul tongues should equal a Mark of Valor. Delete them from your currency page if they bother you so much. It is obsolete currency, just like gear gets obsolete.
  11. Fallfyres Augur

---------------------------
    Total agreement Donutsz12. THAT is the literal, exact reason I have not been satisfied with any other mmo out there that I've tried...no matter the eye candy fabulous graphics or combat systems I thought were progressive and interesting.

Eventually, (usually within a super short amount of time of subbing and getting into an mmo -the fricking RMT, Plat Farmer crap, hacks for real life money) --- that cesspool is deep in every mmo released in the last three years or so with few exceptions where the management is actively cracking hard on the scum.
  12. Perplexed Augur

I'd support that, making older raid currency tied to your account., i.e. heirloom.
    That way your alts could use it instead of having worthless coins on the "Currency" page.
  13. Bigbear Augur

how about trading alt currency for a noble. 1000 alt currency of any type or combo of types equals a noble that can then be traded for pp for yourself... or make it 5000 or 10000 currency but you get the idea

i know that the plat farmers can still be out there farming for nobles too but at least they arent hurting anybody if they want to farm raids for currency to increase their own plat reserve.

and for the casual people.. if they need some extra cash they can farm some older raids for the currency to get nobles to help themselves

and for the hardcore people ... at least this way all the hard work to get all that currency wont just sit there taking up space

any way just an idea
  14. Ferry-Tunare Augur

Chronobines.
  15. ModRanger Lorekeeper

Maybe consolidate VOA and ROF currency into 1 currency.
  16. Jefferz Elder

Why don't people use their old currency to buy items and then tribute them? That's what I do till I run out of currency to spend.
    Yinla and Melanippe like this.
  17. Kellaer Augur

Because people think that massing obsolete items somehow entitles them to current items.
    Jefferz likes this.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

This would be the same as making raid loot tradeable. If someone wants to be able to buy raid loot outside of CotF and TDS type rare raid drops then a server transfer to FV would solve those problems.
  19. Spellfire Augur

20. Rhaage Augur

What about an exchange? 10 (or some other number) of one tier currency trades for 1 of the tier above, but it's still nodrop?

a conversion rate to station cash? bayle marks? loyalty tokens?

I'd also support making it heirloom.