Help Us Make Our Games Better!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

As an active player in the community, there’s no doubt that you've stumbled across bugs in-game. A quest you can’t complete. Some NPC that doesn't behave the way that he ought to. With games as big as EverQuest and EverQuest 2, we really need more eyes to make sure we track down the issues that players have the biggest problems with.

That’s where YOU come in!

[IMG]

Some members of our community have built the Daybreak Community Issue Tracker. The goal of this tool is simple. Tell us what the bugs are, confirm what other players say are bugs are ACTUALLY bugs, and vote up the issues that you want to be priorities for our team!

Even though we don’t reply to every post on our forums, Reddit, and other social channels like Facebook and Twitter, our team reads all of your posts. When we hear someone talk about a bug, our team goes in-game to confirm it’s an issue first before we research ways to fix it. Having YOU involved finding these bugs and having members of the community confirm that they’re legit will save our game devs HUNDREDS of hours each month, that we can use making the game better for you.

So what do you think? Daybreak Community Issue Tracker… Tell your friends!

(Special Note: This is a community run site. Do NOT use the same user name or password here you use for other Daybreak services).
    Zujilli, Nniki, DarkTexasQA and 2 others like this.
  2. moogs Augur

Glad to see Feature Requests as an option. That's where most of the action's going to be.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Very glad to see this. The first Feature Request I'm going to make is one I've made many times before: That DBG have something like this as an official tool.

Because despite, "our team reads all of your posts", team members must change or forget things, because I've come across times when a widely known (to the players) and many times reported issue was mentioned to the team and they responded that "this is the first time I've heard of this".
    beryon, Sancus, Pinecone and 4 others like this.
  4. Iila Augur

All forum posts are read from a hard drive that dbg owns, basically the same thing as a dev reading them.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

No, having one post out of Messages: 1,171,133 (current number reported by forum software here) is not the same as having a system that tracks issues and reports the progress on them.

This also prevents players from reporting or suggesting the same thing 500 times. At least, in theory, players can check to see if someone else already reported or suggested the same thing. Yes, I know people will do it anyway but giving them the tools is a help.
  6. Kellaer Augur

This is an empty gesture like the Sense Heading forum was. We wanted more transparency in the game and its future, so that forum was created. Yet nothing has changed. I don't see myself wasting my time with this site.
    Pinecone likes this.
  7. Marabitos New Member

Bitchin. We now have another button we can click to be ignored! Can we start fixing some things rather than adding new ways for our ideas to not be listened to?
    Pinecone likes this.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Glad to see EQ/DBG finally getting into meta-data space with polls and trend features. Probably the one place in the world where meta-data is not being abused.
  9. Ezeron New Member

I will help you real easy. Make the website link again work to post a problem anyone might have.

Also make a new LON set instead of milking what was already there, basically killing the rarity of what a lot of people already spent get. The fact that not many people could get those things are what makes them fun to try and get. I had a mount that as far as I know no one on my server had that I spent a lot trying to get. I saw 3 of them in the bazaar for sale. Sooo glad I spent so much on the last two LON sales so you could make it all more common and easy to get right after the sales. I see more sets being ruined in the future, you wont stop at those first 3.
    Pinecone likes this.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I suggest making the special note a larger font and perhaps put it at the beginning of the message. Missed it the first time I read through the post went to the link but then came back and reread it.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Something like this for updating incorrect information we get in petitions might be nice but the volume of incorrect answers may not be high enough to warrant it.
  12. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

I put up a few of my pet peeve type issues/concerns. I think many fear this will be yet another place where suggestions, issue reports etc are supposedly read but never followed up on. I really hope that is not the case, but I suppose we'll see in a few weeks if anything has any kind of followup on it. I imagine there will, after time, be a fair amount of "noise" to sort out, there's already a couple posts that fall into that category imo. I did take positive notice that in other games there is a fair amount of followup, for example, with H1Z1. That was extremely encouraging to me.
  13. Calamity Lorekeeper

I would be happy if loot tournaments or sprints were held again, or if monthly scenario rewards got updated, or if LoN promotional stuff made it's way into marketplace. A lot of cards are almost impossible to find in trades anymore. Getting your persistant trades accepted is much harder without those who actually play the cardgame logging in.
  14. RustyOfOz Journeyman

I think it's a constructive idea and plan to add some issues regarding raid management.
    Reminder for those visiting the site, you will need to register first. I would avoid using your Daybreak account name or password.
  15. Draco Journeyman

I would like to see EQPlayers site put back up.
    Nniki, Ferry-Tunare and Baeddon like this.
  16. Hazimil Lorekeeper

Nice site and idea. I hope that DBG action items from it.

Haz!
  17. Xanadas Augur

When the TLP goes live, should we use this to report things that should/shouldn't be in-game?
  18. Zozz New Member

Find a way to get rid of perma-campers/bots on Firiona Vie. They're ruining the game for the rest of us.
  19. Boanerges New Member

So, I'm pleased that there is an issue tracker but I'm concerned because it's not only not official, but there's no official commitment to actually use it. Bug trackers are essential to any project (I know Daybreak has its own internal tools) but it's unclear how this will actually be used, which means the benefits of the issue tracker are dubious at best. There's one key question that has to be answered here. Because, if this isn't going to be done then this issue tracker is essentially EQ community bulletin board #127 with nothing special about it at all:

Who is going to update/close the issues?

My suspicion here is that the answer is going to be "Well, the community is going to do that because this isn't an official site". In other words, any time there is an update it will fall to us to scour the patch notes and take the appropriate action.

I'd like to know exactly what Daybreak's commitment is on this. Are we going to see Devs in the issue tracker? Will we get issues noted in patch notes? (i.e. Fixed a bug with doors in Arx not opening properly, Issue Tracker #127) Or is this just a "Hey, the community has this cool tool now so go check it out" post?
    Nniki, beryon and Ferry-Tunare like this.
  20. Riou EQResource

It started with Planetside 2 and moved into H1Z1, iirc DBG QA + some Devs participate in it of those games + some of the admins are more known regular people in those games to basically set it up / make sure it runs proper and that. None of that says who from the EQ1 side is going to use it though.

H1Z1 for example is basically wanting all bug reports and that to be placed on it instead of their Reddit (their official "forums")