Epic helpers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hateseeker, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Hateseeker Augur

I notice they're putting in all these new epic things that presumably will spawn mobs for people who are at the right spot in their quest.

I can only assume this will not be active on TLP despite that the demand for them would be much greater. How many people can possibly be doing epics on Live that such a thing is needed there?

Edit: I didn't read the patch notes far enough; these will NOT be on Progression. Which makes me now intensively question why they would do this for Live.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  2. Rodcet New Member

Yeah, very odd indeed. It would be perfect for this server! No instances, but it would allow people to do their epics. Honestly, as a mage, that's all I really want in terms of raiding.
  3. Taledar Elder

Yeah yeah we all want the epicness, thats why we play. Thatd be lame as hell if this was on our server.
    Soltara and Fallfyres like this.
  4. Ducreux Augur

There is an ornamentation quest you can now do on live if you have completed your 1.0/1.5/2.0 that allows you to change the look of current weapons to that of older epic weapons. Assume that's the primary reason they made it more accessible to people.
  5. Trosh Augur

For some epics, it's not a big deal. For certain classes the mobs are on a perma-death bot army rotation. Golems in fear, certain objects in sky, certain gods. The mobs also have rediculous spawn times for what amounts to basically a nostalgic weapon. Way past time for this on live servers, and I hope that when epic 1.5 or 2.0s are launched on progression, it will also happen on that server.
    Soltara likes this.
  6. liveitup1216 Augur

Makes sense for live servers so you can get your nostalgic cosmetics. I'm glad they won't be in for TLP. Epics are supposed to be epic.
  7. Trosh Augur

I mean.. the quests are still ridiculously long and usually require loads of different camps and drops. Even if certain key mobs spawned when the qeuster was at a certain stage the quests would still be pretty epic. Especially when held up against other quests in the game which generally follow "Go get this one thing, possibly two, or perhaps multiples of that one thing, and turn them in over and over"
  8. Numiko Augur

They did it on live because of complaints that the epic one spawns were perma camped by people in the RMT industry ...

want your epic bit on a live server?

be prepared to fork over millions of plats or a few Krono for it.
  9. Bandok Augur

Patch notes indicated that these harbingers will not become active on progression servers until House of Thule. Which I'd say is way too late in the game, but that's what they decided.
  10. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Plan on it on TLP too :)
  11. Hateseeker Augur

If fighting RMTers is a worthy cause on Live it should be a worthy cause on TLP.

Daybreak logic...
    Irbax_Smoo and Soltara like this.
  12. fazool Augur

same here....well I want my epic 1.0 and Time flag
  13. Twoshade Lorekeeper

Why Time flagged or is that the first Raid?? I've played a lot of EQ over the years, but never was able to play during the start of it. Came into Progression 2.0 a little late.
  14. MaestroM Augur

PoP flags were notoriously easy to block. The usual bottleneck was at Rallos Zek because uber guilds didn't want competition in Elementals. RZtWL was the big target you needed to kill in order to get access to Elementals and just getting into his zone required a lot of flagging. Once you got into Elementals, there were still bottlenecks. You had to kill Fennin Ro, Rathe Council, Coirnav, and Xegony to get your Time flag.

The easiest of these targets to do from a blocking standpoint was Fennin Ro. In order to start his event, you had to kill a trigger mob the Guardian of Doomfire on the way to Fennin Ro's throne room. The problem with the Guardian was that he was a giant pushover and died to relatively small groups even back in PoP. Once killed, a raid had a 4 hour target window in which to kill Fennin Ro. If he didn't die, the spawn was blown and you would have to wait the full cycle in order to take another crack at him. Lots of Time guilds would kill him as soon as he spawned and then just let Fennin depop to keep other raiders out of time.
  15. Twoshade Lorekeeper

Oh so he was talking about PoP... When did epics first become available?? Right in Classic right or was that Kunark?
  16. MaestroM Augur

Epics were available widely in Kunark. Paladins had an "epic" called the Fiery Avenger that was available in Classic that is basically a really great plane of sky quest, pretty much epic level.
  17. Twoshade Lorekeeper

Hmm, well I'm sure my brother will love to hear that. He will be playing a Paladin from the start. Of course I will be helping him complete his quest.
  18. MaestroM Augur

I'm curious.

How would the forum mods respond to posting links to a certain wiki that has done a great job of aggregating information on classic-velious era content but isn't exactly... well lets say we're not supposed to talk about it. Is their wiki okay?
  19. Twoshade Lorekeeper

If you want, you could just send it in a message....
  20. Maniacles Elder

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing the epic helpers show up when Velious came out. If we can't get instancing, this would be the next best thing.