Update Bugs 04/22/15

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Silv Augur

Just want to confirm - The Al'Kabor's nightmare mob 'a drachnid bloodknight' is no longer crashing the zone as of the patch this morning. Thanks for the fix.
    Dzarn and moogs like this.
  2. Hiladdar Augur

After the 23 April patch after the regularly scheduled patch .... Caster and melee DPS mercs are still messed up. It appears that tank and healer mercs are working as intended.
  3. Skuk New Member

Slime Blood of Cazic Thule now no drop for me

Logged in my lvl 1 trader in bazaar, Slime Blood of Cazic Thule have been changed to attunable, these were never attunable, as it happened to be in the glove slot of my trader due to all all and dropping it into auto equip before the patch, it has now magically been attuned to that char without consent. Could you please remove the attunable part please.

Thanks Skuk
    Smallpox likes this.
  4. Ratbo Peep Augur

Good question! (?)
    I don't see anything in the patch note about them being touched or even looked sideways at.
    -R

-R
  5. Vaxpo Elder

Yes still messed up for me too. I have tried changing mercs, switching between all the stances many times, and changing from melee merc to caster merc. None of these things work. On balanced they are just not working.
  6. Warpeace Augur

It must have been the sideways look that made the mercs act crazy;).
  7. Silv Augur

Patching EQ code is like going back in time and stepping on that butterfly that will possibly create a tsunami by flapping its wings in the future, thus preventing the zombie apocalypse. Or in this case Patch->Epic quest fixes->Broken mercs. :p Same difference. Without mercs EQ would become a zombie wasteland today most likely T_T

Meaningful addition: Several guildies and myself have still had issues with DPS mercs today as well. One "fix" was reordering the stances in the merc menu to put Balanced on the bottom. Of course this just may be like standing on one foot jumping up and down to win the lotto. Burn stance seems to not be affected... or to a lesser degree.
    Pinecone, Dzarn and Iila like this.
  8. Dzarn Developer

(Professor's voice) Good news, everyone!
    We've tracked down the cause of the mercenary weirdness and are working on the fix now.

A temporary workaround until we patch out a fix is to re-sort the stance list by clicking the blue 'Stance' text at the top of the Manage Mercenary window and then selecting the stance you want the mercenary to take.

Essentially the bug is causing the first option in the stance list to put the mercenary into 'Passive' mode regardless of what stance is listed first.

Thank you to all the players who reported the issue and mentioning that re-ordering the stances fixed it for you, that helped immensely in tracking this one down.
    Yinla, adetia, Kellaer and 20 others like this.
  9. Silv Augur

Futurama reference. Double like.

Oh, thanks for the fix :D
    Soltara and Sheex like this.
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Awesome. Awesome to the max.
  11. Numiko Augur

While you are looking at mercs want to see why putting sword in their off hand kills warriors and rogue mercs ability to duel wield cutting their DPS at least 40%? That would be a nice bug to fix as well....
    Pinecone and Ferry-Tunare like this.
  12. Vaclav Augur

The quote demands the full set.
  13. Dzarn Developer

This should be fixed for the next full patch.
    The Dragon Force spell triggered from Dragon Punch / Tail Rake attacks has had its knockback restored.
    The Dragon's Balance Effect buffs triggered by the Dragon's Balance skills will now prevent you from casting the spell Dragon Force (which was being triggered each time a Dragon Punch skill attack was fired as a melee proc.)
    This means you will be unable to use the Dragon Punch/Tail Rake skill attack button as a positioning tool during the duration of the buff, but ensures that you no longer trigger unnecessary amounts of push when using the Dragon's Balance buff.
    Kellaer, Obiziana, Phrovo1 and 7 others like this.
  14. Ferry-Tunare Augur

Warrior mercs are substantially worse when holding merc weapons and armor.
  15. Feradach Augur

That's very true, but isn't new to this patch.
  16. Klaian-Xegony Lorekeeper

Unable to zone into Cleansing the Grounds after requesting task. I get the "if you had a reason" message.
  17. Garshok Augur

How long did you wait after requesting the task?

I have found for some missions that if no one enters soon after it is requested (long enough that the originally generated instance de-spawns), the same thing happens - but someone from the group can enter and then keep it open for others to enter later.

Is this a case where you can't enter the instance even if it is only a minute or two after it has been requested?
  18. Bigstomp Augur

The if you had a reason message normally means you're using the wrong keyword to zone in but a keyword they recognize as a zone in keyword for another quest.
  19. Numiko Augur

True but the bug has been around for a year now, since the release of Merc Gear, and the only response anyone has ever gotten from a Dev. on this question is ...

[IMG]
  20. denbar99 New Member

The 8th anniversary quest is still broken after the patch on test. Can I just get the item. I promise I'll shut up and quit whining =)