Does Your Loot Reside with the Legend of the Oathbound?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

Is there some Legends of Norrath loot that you've wanted to add to your inventory, but it’s evaded you thus far? Perhaps your luck lies with the “Legend of the Oathbound!”

[IMG]

Each “Legend of the Oathbound” pack costs 999SC and contains two (2) random loot rewards that were originally available from the first three Legends of Norrath sets: Oathbound, Forsworn, and Inquisitor. There are also some of the loot rewards that were first available as tournament and promotional rewards. There are 90 different pieces of loot available in the “Legend of the Oathbound” packs. Each of these loot items can be traded between players until they've been used for the first time on a character.

[IMG]

Also among the loot is a special new item called the “Legend of the Oathbound – Jester.” This special item, unlike the Legend of the Oathbound packs themselves, can be traded. If you open a “Legend of the Oathbound” pack and receive a Jester, you can trade that to someone else or redeem it yourself for two random pieces of loot that are available from the Legend of the Oathbound packs.

These new loot packs are coming to the EverQuest Marketplace tomorrow, on Wednesday, April 22, 2015. But hurry – the “Legend of the Oathbound” loot packs will not be in the Marketplace forever, and Legend of the Oathbound packs go into the Norrathian Vault at 12:00PM PDT on Wednesday, July 22, 2015.

So if you’ve been seeking LON loot, get these packs (or bundles of packs at a discount) while you still can!
    Fenudir likes this.
  2. Fenudir Augur

Will the items that come from the packs be heirloom?
  3. Iila Augur

Is there a list of items available in the packs? And are all the items equally likely to be opened? If they're not equally likely, can we get a breakdown of the items along common/uncommon/rare/ultra-rare/super-mega-secret-omega-rare lines?

The jester seems like a tradable version of the Legend of Oathbound item, is it possible to open a jester from a jester pack?
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Any detail on which of these will be in there? Always wanted a vanishing point for my rogue, but not for $200 in krono or whatever the silly farmers charge.

Also, keeping this as random is pretty disappointing. Other than the obvious answer of making money, why not let us marketplace purchase the things we actually want instead of the random cross your fingers and be disappointed with paintings and mounts lottery?
    moogs and Thin like this.
  5. Roshen Brand Manager

They're tradable items until the first time you use them on a character. Then they have whatever characteristics of that LON loot item in EQ. Some LON items are heirloom and some aren't.
  6. Roshen Brand Manager

There's currently not a list, and items that were hard to get before will still be hard to get. We'd like to keep these items a surprise.. although I suspect some of our players will put together a list pretty quickly ^_^

No. Jesters won't come from other jester packs.
  7. Hayzeus Augur

$10 for a 2/90 chance of getting that piece of great loot... That's not bad if you really don't care what you actually get, but if you're fishing for a single item, the cost seems prohibitive at those odds.

On the flipside, this should increase the quantity of the rare items that are out there on the marketplace.
    There is perhaps some hope that the platinum costs of buying the rare loots will drop. I'm liking this aspect of it. I can just spend 1mpp to buy a couple of the surplus items after some time has passed.

RE: The Jester. Does it take up one of the two loot slots, or is that in addition to the two loot slots? So, if I get a jester (that I then use myself), I will get effectively have 3 pieces of loot total instead of two?

PS: before the statistics majors leap on my obviously wrong math above... yes I know saying 2/90 is simplifying the actual odds to the point of being dramatically incorrect... but I was just trying to make a point... which is still made just fine despite the erroneous math (and my run on sentence structure).
  8. Vaclav Augur

Are these put into the Claim window when purchased, LoN client or straight onto a character?

Reason I ask is since they're being stated as "limited time" and the wife wants to do this to some degree, but plans to play on TLP 3.0....

I do realize she'd be setting them aside for 2-3 years to actually use them (unless some get whitelisted early like statless illusions) - but definitely would like to know before messing with them if they work like OLD LoN loots where they could effectively cross servers with some method, or if these will be completely tied to the server purchased on.
  9. CaptAmazing Augur

$10 for heal potions and a banner? I'll wait for some to hit trades. My luck isn't that good lately.
  10. Roshen Brand Manager

These don't use the LoN client or claim window, and the packs go straight to the character once purchased from the Marketplace.

While there are no plans to offer Legend of the Oathbound packs in the Marketplace on the new progression server launching this summer, we may look at making these available in the Marketplace at a later date for those players.
  11. Vaclav Augur

Ok, good to know - any that she wants to horde in preparation she's gotta do the old LoN way this way won't help. (But might down the line once it's appropo)

Thanks Rosh.
  12. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Oxgoad likes this.
  13. Fendy Augur

I have more than enough copies of paintings I don't want and ornaments I can't use. I see no need to pay for more. Take away the randomness and let us see what we are buying first and then I might be interested.
    moogs, Thin and Yinla like this.
  14. Iila Augur

Yeah, that's the part that makes putting a list together hard.
  15. Kellaer Augur

The whole point of the randomness is to touch people's gambling nerve and spend lots of station cash. It works for other games.
    Iila likes this.
  16. Nolrog Augur

If you are fishing for a single item, it's always been the best approach to offer unopened packs for them.
  17. Alicorn New Member

Ok well the only thing I want is a Magic Carpet. Tarawolf on the Tunare server :)
  18. Silv Augur

Spending tons of SC and trading unopened packs never has been, and never will be, the best way to obtain the item you want without breaking the bank. If they removed the ridiculous decorative items from the 'chance' then it might be worth it.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I guess the problem here is that most of the loot isn't worth $5.00 each forgetting the fact its random and you won't necessarily get what you want. I mean if you just sold the individual items at $5.00s and people could pick and choose only a few items would be worth buying or am I missing something here?
  20. Iila Augur

Every pack is a winner!*
    [IMG]

[IMG]

*Not every winner hits the jackpot.

But you might be saying, "Who the hell would spend lots of money for a CHANCE of opening a rare cosmetic item?" And I would reply with https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=crate unboxing cs go and tell you that each key used to open one of those crates costs $2.50.