Anniversary Subscription Special

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Soltara, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Soltara Augur

Is there going to be one?

Last year there was a cheaper version of the 12 month. I am just curious.

2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I suspect if they were going to do that it would have been announced already.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Kellaer Augur

Daybreak is hard at work banning people and finding buzzwords to use in place of bad news to bother with things like that.
    Pinecone, Silv and Iila like this.
  4. Silv Augur

Be careful what you wish for. You may find that after an anniversary sale they changed their mind and then your account will be permabanned for saving money!

It would have been a nice thought though. However, at this point I really doubt we'll see many promotions that offer any type of discount. They're already moving towards selling long sought after and requested items next week (LON loots) in the marketplace. Any new additions are probably going to come with a pricetag.
    Pinecone and Kellaer like this.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Heh heh I wont be paying 999 sc for a chance at good items.....
    Silv likes this.
  6. Kellaer Augur

It's a good idea to avoid the marketplace. The intended price was 1000sc, anyone who bought it now has their account permanently banned for taking place of a marketplace vulnerability.
    Pinecone, Iila and Silv like this.
  7. Iila Augur

Someone will.

Search youtube for crate unboxing.

It's pretty much the most effective monetization scheme because it hooks all the gambler types. Anyone who's said that raid armor in the marketplace will be the sign of EQ completely selling out was wrong. It would be raid armor coming out of crates from the marketplace. Like the defiant crate, but it would give any of your TDS group class armor, with a rare chance of spitting out a piece of raid armor instead.
    Pinecone, Silv, Sancus and 2 others like this.
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I don't remember there being a special price of the year sub; the year before there was though. Either way if you have your account set to auto-renew then you'll keep the rate.
  9. Iila Augur

There was a $100/yr special for a limited time last year, it billed immediately instead of when your current sub ran out, and said it would renew at a higher rate. I think $120/yr
    Pinecone likes this.
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Ah, ok. I guess that sounds vaguely familiar. I'm still on the 6th anniversary plan, so I suppose I didn't think much of it.
  11. Soltara Augur

Yep that's what it was.