Pre-discussion for declaration of intent with regard to seizing content by DPS or other means

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hateseeker, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Hateseeker Augur

I thought about making a thread asking players or guilds to go ahead and declare their intent as to whether they will use brute-DPS to win mobs against sockers/rotation-breakers/other brute-DPS guilds, but I thought I would create a pre-discussion and maybe next Friday the 24th, we can create the thread that is just for announcing intent.

Thoughts? With no instancing, I only see a few options:
    1. Raid guilds as a whole enforce rotations with training or DPS
    2. Just declare that whoever gets the most DPS can loot the mob

Thoughts? Are there options for grouping that aren't available to raiding issues?

I realize people are going to say "just make rotations" but HOW do we enforce those rotations except with training or DPSing?
  2. taliefer Augur

grouping wasnt really a huge problem from what i remember. theres always camp disputes and whatnot, but it wasnt anything id say was outside the norm for an overcrowded server.

raiding, we just need that wild wild west meme thats been floating around, because there isnt going to be an alternative with no instancing.
  3. Tyche Elder

Expecting people to act like adults is too much to hope for. Instead I'm just going to skip everything until OoW. Hopefully the server can make it that far before it implodes due to drama.
  4. Hateseeker Augur

I'd like to do that, but it's going to be a long time til it unlocks. Edit: Wonder if we could lobby Daybreak to start a TLP server at PoP, GoD or OoW for those who don't favor the earliest eras?
  5. ClericCleric New Member

good luck with anything that comes from this. TLP servers of past lied cheated and didnt give a crap about these said rotations. All it takes is one bad seed.
  6. Stewgottz Augur

I wonder what the interest level would be for a guild that raids behind era just to alleviate crowding?
  7. ClericCleric New Member

You mean guilds who get beaten by better guilds?
  8. MaestroM Augur

FTFY.

Without a structural change to the game from DBG, you don't get to raid.

Let me also say that if there was some mechanism put in so that raiding an expansion back or so was realistic without having to deal with the same drama and garbage as current expac raiding, I would be all over that.
  9. Stewgottz Augur

Sure, that could be a reason to.

You lose 10 dps races in a row, maybe you should wait and gear up a little more.
  10. Stewgottz Augur

So I guess my question is answered hah!

Was just a thought I had..
  11. Crayon123 Augur

It already exists and its quite popular. Dead Halfling Society 3.0.
  12. Hateseeker Augur

I think he meant guilds who choose not to even try to win DPS races. Of course, if Classic only wins, then you may as well wait until Kunark comes out, because you can't raid one expansion back while Classic is the only thing here.

DPS racing is not necessarily skilled, though. Regardless of how good you are, if you go into the game with an aggressive plan to KS and your guild has 30 mages, if you're up against a guild of 30 balanced clerics/warriors/etc, who do you think is going to win? The guild who chose more DPS classes, not the "better" guild.

So how do you combat the DPS guilds except by DPSing yourself and let the victor take the spoils?
  13. Stewgottz Augur

Cool.
  14. Stewgottz Augur

Yeah basically
  15. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

The victor already gets the spoils. So your point "2. Just declare that whoever gets the most DPS can loot the mob" is moot.
  16. Stewgottz Augur

I feel like at least Kunark is coming out tho, so the waiting might not be too long where people get bored and leave.
  17. Numiko Augur

sounds classic! .. I can remember guilds back in the day that formed just to grief other guilds!

They had no interest in "normal" raiding or group play they just wanted to have the rep as "bad boys" ..

or as one guy put it to me "I'm roleplaying I'm Evil!"
    Stewgottz likes this.
  18. Stewgottz Augur

People still do this , but their Main is usually in a top 1 or 2 guild.
  19. Bandok Augur

Feels like the "what about guilds that are an expansion behind" question has already been asked. The answer is: there will be a bunch. Fippy had several. Some of those have already announced they're coming back.

There will be an abundance of people who have no interest in DPS racing or socking or any of that. Don't care about being at the bleeding edge.
    Stewgottz likes this.
  20. Hateseeker Augur

No, you don't understand. The game itself decides that the raid who gets the most DPS can loot the mob. Option number 2 is, in other words, to simply accept that, and play the DPS game, without regard to who got there first, engaged first, etc. Because the only other option is training.

Edit: I mean, option 2 means it's every guild for themselves, and no Raid Council that tries to use organized DPSing to force a rotation.