Progression Server Poll Results: What's Next?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Aristo, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bandok Augur

If you look in the original post (by Aristo) on this thread, the locked server was one of the options in the original poll, and it did not win.
  2. Vaclav Augur

I love how he basically quotes the Seasonal concept but calls it locked.

Oi Vey...
  3. Aenoan Augur

1. Add 50%: Take the old values and add 50%. This server would take five and a half years to reach where live servers are now.
    • Kunark: 4.5 months
    • Velious: 4.5 months
    • Luclin: 4.5 months
    • Planes of Power: 4.5 months
    • Legacy of Ykesha: 3 weeks after PoP
    • LDoN: 3 weeks after PoP
    • Gates: 3 months (after PoP)
    • Omens and later: 3 months
    Server name : Ragefire
    With no vote. I like this option.
    Soltara likes this.
  4. Mahande New Member

The revamped CT came out after Luclin thats why the gear was so good.
  5. Mahande New Member

Oh and just to add my two cents in, I played all of this content when it was current. There would be quite a bottleneck at the end of classic but i feel that the slowest progression would be my preference and I know quite a few people that would make the trip to the new progression server. The 6 months in classic will let us get the guilds we want to be in formed and organized and it'll give us warning of who the asshats are and how to deal with them. Having the vote on such a server however would be redundant as most people would be extremely ready for the server to progress.
    Zoggzog likes this.
  6. Arderd and Crowd Augur

The way things are going I might wait until PoP comes out anyway. All the market place stuff, pet and monk fist data, new zones and all the griefing is prolly not gonna make it pleasant.

And for the people that said we need the market place stuff to make more money to keep the server alive, the market place will lose more subs than SC it sells from it I would say. At least some effort should be made to make it feel like the expansion you are playing aside from zones and spell names.
  7. Foo Chow New Member

Soooo excited that I am posting for my second time ever!! I agree with a lot of the posts made about fast tracking classic EQ and getting a jump on Kunark earlier than later. I dont know what alot of the acronyms are that people are tossing around but I would be happy if no mercs or defiant gear is introduced until much later on and I hope that classes are introduced as they were just prior to Kunark being released. Like the name Ragefire and I hope to see all of you in game soon!!
    The Badger Lord and Zoggzog like this.
  8. Symbius Augur

It's probably safe to assume that it will not happen prior to the ending of the Anniversary stuff, which should end June 10th.

So my best guess would be 1 to 2 weeks after that date.
  9. Weverley Augur

Looks like the feedback we are getting is not from people who have voted for slower progression at all.Seems more to me like those expressing opinion are more raiders then casuals and of course raiders are all for everything quick.Not sure daybreak should follow the multiple threads about progression.It would be better if those who have voted for slower progression post on those threads since it seems like the direction has switch 180 degrees from where it should be.
  10. Vaclav Augur

Are you talking about the suggestions for an enhanced start being from raiders? Because I'll assure you now, it's not exclusively. And if you think most casual players are going to login at level 22 spend hours looking for a camp and failing, then logging out, more than a few times before cancelling, you're delusional.

People pay $15/mo to play, those with less playtime (casuals) will be the hardest hit by any lack of XP content. If a 18 hr a day player loses 2-3 finding a camp, he's still progressing 15-16 hrs of his day - if a casual does, he just paid his sub fee to sit online chatting - not to mention any friends likely leaving him behind....
    Daggar likes this.
  11. Numiko Augur

So when is the next poll going to be live? .. its been two weeks since the last poll closed and over 10 days since we got the next list of questions ..and still no poll is showing up in game...

did they fire the only guy at Daybreak who knew how to make in game polls or something?
  12. Rawvale New Member

Maximum Nostalgia: 6 month unlocks until Gates of Discord; 3 months afterward. This ruleset would take six and a half years to reach where live servers are now.
    1. Kunark: 6 months
    2. Velious: 6 months
    3. Luclin: 6 months
    4. Planes of Power: 6 months
      1. Legacy of Ykesha: 2 weeks after PoP
      2. LDoN: 4 weeks after PoP
    5. Gates: 6 months (after PoP)
    6. Omens and later: 3 months
    As someone who was standing at the wizard spires, waiting for the first wave of players to land in Kunark. I think the maximum nostalgia would be the best for old players looking to enjoy the game all over again.
  13. Thewiz Augur

I think the best thing would be to launch the server. Jeesh.
  14. Healiez Augur

Or maybe some of those people are starting to realize how horribly long 6 months per expansion actually is and came to their senses.
    The Badger Lord likes this.
  15. Bolten_DA Augur

Yes, race through all the xpacs people like so we can quit around GoD-OoW. EQ needs more dead servers!
  16. The Rock New Member

Not really Bolten, even the 'hardcore guilds' I've seen re-forming like twisted legion are well aware it's a much slower server and a lot are planning to enjoy leveling (solo etc).
  17. Bolten_DA Augur

Guess we will have to do a wait and see. I was just going on what has happened with the past. I don't see it changing to be honest. Same game re-rolled with little to no changes.
  18. Snyckers New Member

It's not necessary to make a full decision on expansion dates atm.
    A general guideline covering a few years would suffice. Changes
    can always be made in the future. Just my opinion. My choice is
    to make the earlier versions as long as possible.
  19. Vaclav Augur

I agree - we should be voting on the eras leading up through PoP - and then let the people that are there once GoD opens determine how long or short the unlocks past are, since so many people seem to state they have no intentions of playing GoD+ you can let the majority then determine the future of the server.
    Zoggzog likes this.
  20. jordune Augur

i like the vote idea of opening content. personally i think classic + kunark and let it sit that way for 6 months would be awesome.

i had another idea.. why not do what the FV server is doing.
    its a rpg server ( people have to learn a lang. is all )
    as well.. everything is tradable. everything except epic parts that is to say.
    i think this would be a fine way to help guilds who are not in the number one spot out as members can farm items for there guild mates.
    alot of rule set have been considered but.. has this been by the devs yet ?
    imput
    The Badger Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.