Discussion of old raid encounters, flagging, etc

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hateseeker, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Hateseeker Augur

I was messing around in Fear on a level 86 character I haven't played in years, and I haven't found anything like Fright/Dread/Terror up; and I probably haven't been in a raid on those things since 2002-3. So - question, I know at least 2 of them deathtouch; wasn't there a class that could survive it? I don't think harmshield or divine aura work...

Also, how does the key ring work and/or did it change in the years?
  2. Vaclav Augur

DT has an actual damage amount, players can survive DT now.
  3. Hateseeker Augur

In-era, though?
  4. Vaclav Augur

Nope - on DS/HS they'll wait to DT until after the HS/DS comes off if you're the only one on the hate list. Until it's off it looks at you like an illegal target for it and looks for other targets or waits.

I think the earliest it's possible is late GoD with a ton of spellshield and HP gear. But that might have been before they raised it.... I know it was 30k (doable in GoD) but I forget if that's the last raise to it or if it went up again to 100k.... (which would be quite recent to be doable)
  5. Numiko Augur

according to Lucy death touch does 100,000 points of unresistable damage so i would say a level 50 would have very little chance .....
  6. Zhama Elder

Keyring works the same as it does on live, keys to doors never get keyringed, keys to zones/flags do. The golems are considered a raid encounter, as such people werent all expected to live, having someone take the DT is just part of the event.
  7. DefenseEQ Augur

My 100 mage has 85k hp and an old world DT from Fear or Sky will only bring him to 22% hp typically. Specc shield/AA's must mitigate it. But I NEVER out right resist it, it always hits for roughly the same on me. But since it says it should be 100k I must be mitigated some of it.
  8. Hateseeker Augur

Thanks for the info, just note that those were leadoff questions - was hoping we could discuss any and all raid encounters, what kind of pulling and mezzing is needed in various areas, where you can hide from AE in NToV, etc.