Advanced Loot - Known Issues

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Qbert Gallifreyan

Just crashed multiple times in a row in Crypt of Decay. Step 1: pull all of the undead (50+ mobs). Step 2: start to kill - no problems yet. Step 3: as mobs die, start clicking on AN or AG or Never as I see fit - crash to desktop after about the 5th choice when mobs are still dying and populating the window while I am clicking in the advloot window.
    Bamkan likes this.
  2. Indoctrination New Member

On my box pair I would set the side toon to never for everything and the main auto greeded everything and auto ask/rolled. After I got a few zones worth of loot in the filters, it started to lag 2-3 seconds when clicking new loot. Sounds like its doing some sort of check based on current items in the filter when you add a new one in and that's what causes that lag. Any way to fix that other than just staying away from auto stuff?
  3. Melanippe Augur

Have Use Advanced Looting unchecked.
    Have Auto Show Loot Window unchecked.

Yet when joining a group who also has those identical boxes unchecked, one still receives a nag screen warning that one will lose access to...etc. etc.

Why, if no one in the group is using ALS and if the person who is joining said group is also not using ALS, must one receive a warning nag screen about losing access to...etc. etc.?
    Yinla likes this.
  4. fortuneteller Augur

Personal I think that the new loot system has the potentiel to become a worse lag maker than when the autogrant of AA was introduced.

At that time, it caused huge lag waves when people who has autogrant on, when they zoned. Reason was that each and every time they zoned,
    it would check for that person, if there is any AA to be granted.

That was then changed to that only when a person logs on or advances a level it would check.

New system is potentiel a LOT worse, because it is not 1 person, but up to 6 persons it shall check.
    And it shall check for each loot, who is up for need and who up for greed, and then random for X persons.
    Beside it shall check if any has not it in the adv loot thing and then need to add there.

Many mobs got 4-5 items, so imagine an old zone where a char is going for slayer do a mass Slaughter with 40-50-60 mobs in and thats around 2000 items, and each item shall run up against a persons list, which can include 500-1000++ items.

I hope you use a map to find if there ;-)

Otherwise the check will be more and more expensive as people put items in their loot list.
  5. Bamkan Augur

This is what happened to me. Tried selecting AN for the Water Focuser's Wand in Tempest and crashed, did it about 4 times in a row.
    I think this then bugged me also. Because I was doing merc task and was distributing quest items, so would right click and send it to my bard. It would say that it gets sent, but then on bard window, there is nothing in his personal window. I tried setting different master looters but really couldn't do anything but wait the 15mins for the corpses to unlock.
  6. segap Augur

This has been consistent for the past 2-3 weeks. After raiding (we do not use advanced looting), if I do not log out, I can no longer right click items in the loot window to get the assign window. There is no error, just no context menu. In this case, I am the group leader/master looter. I do keep the loot window minimized. I'm either forced to use the very click happy gear dialog, assign a different master looter or restart the eq client to work around this.
  7. Ferry-Tunare Augur

Twice now I have died during a fight and am unable to loot items given to me from the master looter even after right-clicking the living crap out of the corpse.
  8. Iila Augur

I still randomly crash when clicking on the Never button in the advl window.

Custom UI, but default advl and animation files.
  9. Hludwolf Developer

I believe this has been fixed and it will be in this month's update.
    adetia, Ferry-Tunare and Iila like this.
  10. Dalsina Lunrais

When you try to split quest items (Using the cog next to the loot) they do not split properly and do not go into your personal loot. You have to camp out and back in for them to show, but they show as the full stack still.
  11. Tearsin Rain Augur

can you please look into fixing the chest/corpse lock timers that are assigned in raids when the leader has advloot turned off?

these are the specifics:
    if the raid leader has advloot turned off, all corpses and chests that are generated by the raid will take 15 minutes to unlock and be lootable by anyone - if you try to loot a corpse or chest, you get the "you do not have permission to loot this corpse" error.

this happens whether advloot was turned off prior to joining the raid or if it's turned off while in the raid, happens whether or not the raid leader is also assigned as the master looter or if no master looter is set, happens if you pass raid lead around to other people with advloot turned off.

just want to be able to turn advloot off and have corpses and chests in the raid work like they did before... which was i think like a 2-3 minute lockout on everything.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Hludwolf Developer

Do you have specifics on this one, I am not experiencing this.
  13. Ferry-Tunare Augur

Often when waiting for a while before selecting what I want to do with the item I'm no longer able to click the need button. I have to leave it on the corpse and then wait for the timer to run out before I can loot it.
  14. Hludwolf Developer

You are not able to make need/greed/no choices after an ask has completed without starting a new ask.
  15. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Posted this elsewhere and realized it's be good to say here:

Couple nights ago I was camping Cuisiner in thuli. Spawned it with my sk/rog mercs, and swapped rog out to mage for Hunter credit. Killed it, and left the loot on the corpse without assigning the drops (bow, power source). I camped the mage back out and into rogue again, was offline and still in group, and when I /advloot on SK, both items were gone. Had to wait the full 15m to loot the PS on rog, pretty annoying.
  16. Ferry-Tunare Augur

I'm not sure how to make a new ask but would it be possible to hide anything that is no longer an option?
  17. Ferry-Tunare Augur

I'm had items disappear like this too.
  18. Dalsina Lunrais

One of the Items was 'Degmar Dwarf Blood' from Degmar, the Lost Castle. They drop between 1 and 5 at a time. When you try to split them it says that they were added to your personal loot but you do not see them in the list and you do not automatically loot them. It seems like you have to keep the Advanced loot window open for them to loot. I was having to camp out and in, then get the Advanced loot window up and then loot them from the Personal loot. I keep the Advanced Loot window closed, I have 'Auto Show Loot Window' off and 'Auto Loot All' on.

-- To replicate have a group of two members. Kill a dwarf in Degmar to get the Blood to drop then using the cog give the member that is not leader part of the stack of blood that dropped.
  19. Smallpox Augur

Dev Request: On the filters window, would it be possible to see the details (ie: open the item window) by clicking the item icon?

The reason for asking is there will eventually be the need to remove things from the filters and it would be nice to see the details of each item.

[IMG]

Thanks much :)
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  20. Hludwolf Developer

I believe this is now fixed in the next test update.

This is by design. Items are only available to inspect if you have them in your inventory or are on a corpse.