Advanced Loot - Known Issues

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Mar 26, 2015.

1. recaztec New Member

Whats going on. I cant play at all. Right now when I try to zone I just keep getting hung up and have to shut my computer down and restart the the same thing happens again. I started a ticket got a reply that tech support would respond. Its been 24 hours and nothing.
  2. Hludwolf Developer

Updated the first post with new info. If there are still bugs with the system, let me know.
  3. Axxius Augur

Are the issues with the Link All button fixed (reported earlier in this thread)? Your notes don't mention it.
  4. Qulas Augur

This is a new feature optimization, not a bug.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

I'm having trouble using it in groups at all on my characters. I see the personal window area, but I never see the group area.
    On a new character that had not logged in since the tool went live, (I use default UI)
    I clicked always greed on diamonds (it was working at this point)
    Shortly after, I went into filters and adjusted it to always need.
    I likely opened and closed the loot window a few times during this period.

After the initial 10 mins where it seemed like it was working, all I see now is the personal window, everyone else in group can roll/win items, I never see them show up at all.
    The window will pop up, but there is no group section to it. Only personal.
    I've tried creeping the mouse around hoping a hidden window pane was there like the tribute window, but no luck.

3 toons (with default UI) across 2 accounts are now in this state.

Toon 1 (main, master looter): Turns it on while soloing, works like a charm. Turn it on in group, no group loot happens (coins will get looted though)
    Toon 2 (account 2 grouped with account 1): Nothing
    Toon 3 (account 2, random pickup group): Nothing
  6. Roxxanna Augur

I've been having to swap master looter status back and forth between toons a lot, to get group loot window to populate. Usually after someone zones or dies, when we begin hunting again and have killed several mobs and nothing is showing up on group loot, I'll hand it over to another group member, then assign it back to myself, and 90% of the time that works, and stuff will magically appear, a few times I've had to swap it 2-3 times. I'd say the biggest problem I'm having is so many people just turning it off, and when they group with me, I wind up getting everything because they havnt set any loot options, and I have, so I always roll on things I want, but I'm the only one rolling. I've been right clicking diamonds and such and forcing them to loot it that way, but this is taking time. I wish there was a way I could set their options for them? Unless there already is and I'm overlooking it?
  7. Diptera Augur

"I wish there was a way I could set their options for them?"

You mean, "force them to use the system they have switched off"?

I think a better option would be that the ALS only takes effect if everybody in group has it switched on. /shrug
    Melanippe and Yinla like this.
  8. Roxxanna Augur

Actually, yes, if they are grouping with me, that's what's gonna be used. It's not a difficult thing, if I can figure it out, anyone can.
  9. Axxius Augur

I called it an issue, not a bug. It's a bad optimization that needs to be undone. You want to link everything in the loot chest on raids. Or even in a group mission.
  10. Hludwolf Developer

This is fixed with last night's patch. Please patch your client and it should work.
    Lisandra likes this.
  11. Axxius Augur

On a second thought, that optimization can be made useful if they add the number of dropped items to the link text:

Furio Aurio, Darkwater Gloves (2), Vitali Claw, Minor Essence of the Citadel (6), Elder Source of Creation

That would be a good solution, right?
    Silv likes this.
  12. Hludwolf Developer

I plan on doing this when I have time.
    Lanadili, Lisandra, Sheex and 2 others like this.
  13. Axxius Augur

Awesome! <3
  14. Bigstomp Augur

Works like a charm now. Still figuring it out, but looking good.
    Lisandra likes this.
  15. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Having the quantity of loots available would be great.

Also, can anyone confirm/deny this for me?

"someone" (i'm not sure who) stated that after 15 minutes any loot not yet awarded would go to autoroll. That seems silly, and like it couldn't possibly be true? Can anyone confirm or disprove that?

We used this on one of the older raids, it was fairly straightforward, however to be honest, I wouldn't mind having a confirmation box, as the master looter, on nodrop items in a raid setting. (the ability to turn that box on or off would be appreciated by others i'm sure). just so i have a double check on myself.

Also, if someone clicks the X to not loot something, is there a confirmation message or notification of that sent to the master looter?

Lastly, for those using it on current events, how have you been handling the raid required items such as cores on event 2? If you set the first one to free to grab does it persist for the second, third, etc? or do you shut it off for this event, or set your "core grabber" as the master looter?

Hludwolf, I have several features I'd love to see added to the group side of advanced looting, but not the raid, and vice versa. Is there a way to do that from your end, in the future? And i'd also like to take this moment to thank you again for being so accessible on this topic, your posts and consideration of our ideas has been appreciated by many.
  16. Hludwolf Developer

Items will auto ask/auto roll if no action is taken on them. You can prevent this from happening by performing an ask (with no roll) or marking them as free grab prior to the auto ask happening. You can also just mark them as leave on corpse and they will be available at 15 minutes.

Deciding to not loot something will leave the item on the corpse and then it is available to everyone.

There isn't currently a free grab filter. I hope to have time in the future to add one, but it is doubtful that it would be soon.

Other than master looter calculation, having things work differently for raids and groups is not currently possible unfortunately.

Hope this helps
    -Hludwolf
  17. Roxxanna Augur

Would it be possible to "insert" items into the loot pool, drag n drop style from my inventory?
  18. Axxius Augur

While adding a free grab filter would be nice in itself, it will not solve the big issue with raid drops: ALS behaves in a totally unacceptable manner when it comes to non-boss loot on raids.

Event-specific items should be available to everybody in raid without having to go through the system in the middle of the event. There are raids where looting and using special items quickly can make a difference between winning or failing the event. There are also raids that have trash mobs that drop regular trash items, but the raid shouldn't be bothered with the ALS window popping up for them, nobody wants to see it, and it's really annoying.

The only drops on raids that should be processed via ALS are the ones in loot chests. Any corpse of a mob killed by a raid that's not a loot chest should be processed the old way, and ALS should not be invoked at all.

Do you understand this? Can you make this adjustment?

I hope you only mean the behaviour of the ALS, not the ability to apply/bypass it. Otherwise you've made things worse for raiders instead of helping. :(
  19. Hludwolf Developer

This is outside of the scope of this system.
    Lisandra likes this.
  20. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Can you confirm the priority or how autoroll works?

Does Need trump Greed?
    Does an autoroll roll amongst the needers first, then the greeders if no needers?
    Or are they all tossed in a heap with some kind of bonus for the needy?
    What are the actual differences in the mechanic of how this works?

Thanks!