Better documenting!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Frenzic, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Frenzic Augur

Other then rek, the video documenting of fippy/vulak was terrible. I've been checking YouTube and there's virtually nothing. This could be our last progression server guys, can we get some more footage?? I for one will be uploading video this time around. Maybe you can give me some tips rek?

Don't forget twitch too. Let's make some memories friends!
    Crayon123 likes this.
  2. Dandy Augur

I started typing some tips, but it would be easier to just show you with a video. I'll start on it tomorrow.

I'm going to try to step my game up on my next series (actually dusted off my software & started prepping earlier today). Learned plenty of lessons last time.

Twitch seems to have gotten pretty big the last few years. I bet we'll see people streaming while playing on the progression server. Seems like somebody is always streaming EQ1 these days.
    Frenzic, jagarr and Crayon123 like this.
  3. Irbax_Smoo Augur

I'll most likely stream and make some YouTube videos, but I have no intention to promote it. I already spend too much time doing things that aren't work related.
  4. Ckador Augur

Is it difficult to make YouTube videos?
  5. Crayon123 Augur

I really enjoyed RekMMO's videos of the Fippy Logs! Hoping someone does something similar for this set of servers :)
    Dandy likes this.
  6. Dandy Augur

I'm claiming "The Ragefire Report" & "Chronicles of Kerafyrm" if either of those dragons get picked for the server name. :p
    Frenzic and Crayon123 like this.
  7. Irbax_Smoo Augur

I don't think so, but I grew up making them with programs like FRAPS and Vegas Video. Now I use a combination of AfterEffects/PremierPro (Adobe Creative Cloud) and FRAPS.

Easiest, but hardest on your computer hardware: Live stream with Twitch using Open Broadcast Software and save the videos.
    Easiest for both you and computer hardware: FRAPS (or similar) and use video editing software to compile and create a video outside of the game.

If you have money and want to save your computer hardware, you can stream your video via an HDMI cable to your TV and use a video capture device (Elgato captures in HD) to stream or record it to another computer.

Streaming is really taxing on a computer and I have seen people have to replace crappy laptops within 2-3 months of streaming. This is because of all the information your computer deals with from the game itself, running a recording/streaming program as well as recording all of the footage to send out to the host.
    Dandy likes this.
  8. Ckador Augur

I have a pretty good computer, i7 4770k, 780ti, about to buy some more or get some 980's or 980ti when it comes out, i actually built this comp like a year ago and never used it.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  9. Crayon123 Augur

I love you. If you need any footage of raiding or otherwise, I'll happily support your efforts!
    Dandy likes this.
  10. Frenzic Augur

Likewise! If you need a big ogre please let me know :)
    Crayon123 and Dandy like this.