Advanced Loot - Known Issues

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Hludwolf Developer

No known bugs

Client patched:

Fixed 3/26
    • A small percentage of players are crashing when clicking the check boxes.
    • A very small percentage of players are not having the size of their advanced loot window resize properly to show the shared loot list. Part 1 of this is fixed, part 2 below
    • A few players are having an issue where they are zoning and they hang forever.
    Fixed 3/31
    • If you join a group with the advloot window minimized, it will not properly resize.
      • Workaround: With the window maximized, Either: Reload your ui, rejoin the group or rezone
    • The context menu doesn't properly work when items are being removed from the list
    • Sometimes when the master looter does the most damage for a kill, other players' AN/AG settings will not take hold. If you notice a yellow warning message stating that your selection was changed, ask the master looter to re-ask. This will be fixed soon.
    Lisandra likes this.
  2. Rorce Augur

I've experienced both of these bugs. The crash while clicking checkboxes one occurred right after slaying a large number of NPC's in a very short period of time. The shared loot list going away happened after minimizing/maximizing the window. I don't know if this info helps track the bugs down, but thought I'd post it!
    Lisandra likes this.
  3. Hludwolf Developer

More information definitely helps. Thank you!
    Lisandra and Rorce like this.
  4. Dre. Altoholic

Inconsistent issues being able to complete a zoning operation if I zone out with unaddressed items in advloot.

I had about 5 or 6 cases of the character never entering the new zone after several minutes; I was forced to end the EQ task.
  5. Kellaer Augur

I can second Rorce's information concerning the maximizing/minimizing of the shared loot table disappearing. It happened to me. For now, camping and logging back in fixes it.
  6. Bart Journeyman

I have had the same issue zoning from PoT to PoD and to BoT with 2 toons. toons sat there online for about 20 mins, when went to force close them said was not responding in task manager. only way I could get toons out was to shut down both accounts, delete all zone files for each and delete the default UI. not sure if was related but was after I checked auto loot all one time.
  7. Fnyanea Augur

Advanced loot turned off on everyone in group. Corpse wont unlock for 15 mins, can we please get this fixed. The old timer was fine.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. adinaei New Member

a really big concern to this also is if the master looter isn't in zone the loot is confusing and very hard to figure out/ sometimes can't loot
  9. Hludwolf Developer

Hope this helps:
    Master Looter designation - You can see the name of the current master looter in your zone at the bottom of the advanced looting window.
    For groups - in order
    1. Designated master looter group role - right click to assign master looter just as you would assign a new group leader
    2. Group leader
    3. First person in the zone in your group
    For raids - in order
    1. Designated master looter raid role using the button in the raid window
    2. Raid leader
    3. Group 1 - Group N's designated group master looter
    4. Group 1 - Group N's leader
    5. The first person in the zone in your raid
  10. Axxius Augur

1. Nobody assigns roles in raid groups.
    2. Group leaders in raid are random people, nobody assigns them, and they change randomly when people are moved from group to group.
    3. The first person in the zone can be anybody.
    In other words, if the master looter and raid leader (or both if they are different players) is dead when the event is won, then a random person in the zone is put in charge of the loot. I don't know what technical reasons prevent you from using the master looter's settings when he is dead/not in zone, but the current solution is not acceptable. Please find a way to keep the designated master looter in charge.
    Maedhros, Melanippe, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  11. chronicler Augur

When I have ATS turned off, why are mobs i kiled, their corpses locked for 15 min for other players ?

I have already decided not to take more items from the corpses, so no need to keep them locked!
    Yinla likes this.
  12. segap Augur

Not sure if what I saw was this or not. I dropped a group member and added a new one (without the window open but with als on). Every existing player in the group had the window minimized. After adding the new player, no one in the group could see the shared loot list. Camping one group member fixed it for everyone. At the time there were two items on two corpses in the list. The original person who left the group was the master looter/group leader, but re-assigned before leaving the the group and camping. The person who camped/returned to resolve this was not the master looter.
  13. Derd Augur

In other words, if the master looter and raid leader (or both if they are different players) is dead when the event is won, then a random person in the zone is put in charge of the loot. I don't know what technical reasons prevent you from using the master looter's settings when he is dead/not in zone, but the current solution is not acceptable. Please find a way to keep the designated master looter in charge "axxius"

Sorry I've never been good with the quote thing: As we've only done one raid night with the system, I assume everyone, like in our guild, is rezzed before the chest is opened, isn't that when loot is added to the window? At least on the events I was on nothing appeared in the window, at least that's how I remember it. Or am I missing your question's point, are you just having to reassign the master looter when he rejoin's if so I do agree to a point , but what if the ML loses his internet or his computer crash's and never returns? Doesn't the system need to change to another person just to eliminate this problem.
  14. Angahran Augur

2 'Issues'...

1. Is there any way to stop the popup every time you join a group ? if not, can we please get one ?
    2. Is there an icon for the 'master looter' role on the group window ? If not, how about a little bag of money ? I'm sure there is an icon for that somewhere.

Thanks.
  15. Axxius Augur

New issue: the Link All button in the ALS window links only 1 copy of each item! If there are multiple copies of the item on the corpse, Link All only links 1. That's really bad. Please change that to work the same way as it does in the corpse window, listing all items.
  16. Axxius Augur

BUG: If the Link All (from ALS) takes more than 1 line, then the 2nd line is sent to the default chat channel instead of the channel of the 1st line.
  17. Axxius Augur

Something the team didn't think about: in some raids you need to kill mobs, loot items they drop, then use those items to win the event. ALS doesn't work well with that concept at all. Corpses are locked and nobody can loot them without the master looter action.

And the very fact that trash mobs/adds in some raids drop items: it's really annoying that the ALS window pops up all the time.
  18. Iila Augur

The ML can set those to be auto-free loot, so the clickers can just grab those from the loot window.

The popup every kill is really annoying and turning it off means you have to /advl to see what's in the chest. (Because the whole box isn't linked like Link All used to).
  19. Yara_AB Augur

A few strange things I noticed:

- 1 item, everybody in group has it on need or greed - but only x/6 in group auto-roll. Meaning that ALS doesn't really roll for all toons it should roll for. Sometimes only 1 toon rolls.

- 1 item, 1 player has it on (alway)need - the others on (always)greed. ALS rolls for greed-players only and need player won't get the item. Or it rolls for need and greed players, greed player rolls higher and gets the item.

Resetting options in ALS for the items doesn't change that behaviour.
    Either ALS has some "fair" loot distribution included that nobody told us about or we do have a fierce bug here.
  20. Bigstomp Augur

The edge of balance group mission from FV in Katta.
    2 characters, 2 mercs in a group.
    Killed waves of trash, coins are being looted automatically by the master looter as expected.
    Beat up Una, follow through with the script. Chest appears.

Master looter targets and /open's chest.
    No loot shows up in the loot window, neither character is able to loot the chest. So we have to wait 15 minutes for it to unlock.