Advance Your Looting!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Hludwolf Developer

The options menu is for changes to your account and not on a per character basis.

Reducing the timer would increase the amount of ninja looting. You can instantly unlock the corpses by leaving all of the items on them.
  2. blood & gufts Augur

Cannot see how that there suddenly can come an increase in the amount of ninja looting, just because of the ATS, that there have not been there
    since the 29 min loot time on corpses came on.
    Yinla and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  3. Barton The Mischievous

Guess I will go reread all the patch notes I missed sounds good, Just tried out the sell by the bag works awesome thanks Hludwolf for pointing it out
  4. Twinblader New Member

This looting system is nothing but a nuisance and it caters to the bots and cheaters all it has done is hinder my gameplay with a popup window
  5. Kellaer Augur

This is embarrassing.

Firstly, you can disable the new loot system entirely. There is no excuse to complain for something you can make go away after a couple clicks of your mouse.

And second, this is something many players have wanted for a long time, and this system is standard in most other MMORPGs. Everquest has now caught up. If you think this was a waste of time, you should have brought this up earlier, because many people were requesting a feature such as this.

Complainers gonna complain, I guess.
  6. greenjacket New Member

..what was so hard about click ..loot what you want leave what you dont?. really awful to use and set up too
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Melanippe Augur

The good thing about ALS is than one can turn it off !!

Odd that you say "many people requested this." Based on the complaints and comments and the "How do I turn this off?" questions filling General Chat it appears that not only did "many people" NOT request it, "many people" have NO interest in using it. Must be they didn't get the memo? As for EverQuest "catching up", catching up with what another MMORPG does isn't what I would consider a good criteria for doing something in EverQuest.

Still no official word as to what recourse a player will have when (not if but when) this ALS causes mis-loots and vanishing loot other than the Customer Service policy of "too bad, so sad, do it again if you want the item".
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Battleaxe Augur

Easy to set up?
    Good, I'm looking forward to seeing plain vanilla configuration files for our major situations provided.

Easy to use?
    Good, I'm looking forward to being able to load a configuration setup appropriate to one's situation just as one can load a custom UI setup or select a weapon setup with bandoleer. Those who get it will have no issues about how to use it. Those who do not will not get good results clicking a half dozen selections they do not understand. It's real easy to say just pass that part of the spreadsheet to Word using OLE (yeah, I'm old school) and print it. That is not however the right way to implement printing in a spreadsheet application from the user's point of view.

Elegance. Simplicity. Ease of use. User friendly.
  9. segap Augur

To be honest, that's not all that useful. My bags are never well organized. Between random quest crap, tradeskill stuff, vendor loot, collectables, food, drink, etc, my bags are scattered all over the place. Doing the parrot aug quest that required I had up to 27 different items in bags really made a mess. I do have trade skill bags I keep stuff in, but vendor loot like gems goes in there as well as poison mats I want and other stuff that has value for /barter if I have those in the first bag slots. If you have to order the contents in your bags to use the sell all items in bag feature, you might as well just sell all the items one by one.

I think that feature is helpful for some, but I can see where others are coming from. It's not a one size fits all feature. I've personally never used it because I've never had a use case where it would help me.
    Yinla and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  10. Metanis Bad Company

I think a great deal of effort was put into the new loot system and I appreciate it. A few days from now it will be second nature for most of us.
  11. Viscosity New Member

Love the new loot system!
  12. Bigstomp Augur

Is being AFK while your mercs or pets kill mobs still officially OK now that autoloot exists too?
    I can see a whole lot of tradeskill items getting very cheap in the near future.
    Dre. likes this.
  13. Barton The Mischievous

Not sure this will have that big of an effect I think prices will come down some just from the fact looting will be faster now, not sure afk killing will have that large of an effect, how many places have a spot you could sit and aggro more than 3-8 mobs or so per spawn cycle? while you were afk
  14. Slasher Augur

if one person has this system on in the group it forces everyone to use it. I want an option to auto pass on everything without having to set each item to never an option i can turn off and on whenever i want.
  15. Blingx Augur

I really like how efficient this new system is when Soloing. The ability to add filters on items so that stuff I want, I keep, and stuff I don't want, I don't see is perfect.
    However, when in a group that is killing at an accelerated pace I am unsure how to emulate the solo behavior while being Master Looter. So far I have had to:
    1. Assign everything to me and THEN add/remove stuff manually. (still better/faster than old way).
    1a. I would like the ability to STILL award to a group member if possible. I have to loot the item then give to the individual through the Trade window.

2. Right click every item in shared list and either assign to a member or "Leave on corpse."
    2a. This is very micromanagement heavy and in a fast kill group I have little time to do anything else if the mobs are dropping 3-4 or more items at a time.

Is there a way to emulate how it works when I am solo?
    As Master Looter I would like to be able to autoloot certain items and "Leave on Corpse" other items automatically. And any item not filtered would act as it does now in shared window until/unless a filter is applied.
  16. Blingx Augur

Scenario:
    I have to run back to merchant to sell. I get back to camp and there is 10+ corpses spread out that are locked to me(Master Looter). I have to run around and /loot all the corpses to unlock the items.

Problem:
    Currently if loot is locked I have to run directly up to the corpse(melee range) and /loot to unlock the loot.

Solution:
    Can you increase the range I have to be to the corpse for /loot to unlock it? Increasing it to the range I would have to be in order for it to show inside the advanced loot window unlocked(much much bigger than melee range currently) would be ideal.
    OR
    Make it so you can unlock multiple corpses in an area that are locked to you.
  17. Bigstomp Augur

I had to turn it off tonight while doing a quest that required looting/clicking items, where you couldn't really pause to set things, because more things were inc.

I'm sure it'll be usable after I get used to it, but initial impressions on group tasks where looting is required it was easier to turn it off than to figure it out.
    Dre. likes this.
  18. WooWoo Journeyman

What do you do with quest items that no one wants? Is there a "Always Leave on Corpse" option somewhere?
  19. Rickoshay Journeyman

After carefully reading about the new loot system and using it, I am not a fan as it stands now.
    It is unacceptable that only the group leader can decide if anything can be looted and by whom or choose whether an abandoned corpse can be looted by someone outside the group. I can understand that for a raid, but not for a group.
    It is unacceptable that abandoned corpses will now be locked until they rot unless the player killing that mob specifically and consciously clicks each item to leave for anyone to loot, leaving any abandoned trade skill items to rot with the corpses. Thousands of abandoned but usable trade skill items will be lost.
    It is unacceptable that when fighting multiple mobs a window pops up on the first kill requiring attention that distracts from the fight at hand.
    It is unacceptable that by reverting to the previous looting system/window that the corpses will never be accessible for anyone to loot if the corpse is abandoned.
    It would be a good idea to reinstate a timer on abandoned corpses such that after a fair period of time anyone can loot the corpses to recover items unwanted by the mob's killer such as trade skill items.
    I believe that the new advanced looting system as it stands now will be a major distraction from the tasks at hand and slow gameplay considerably, however with a few of the right tweaks it could be a useful tool for those choosing to use it.
  20. Blingx Augur

Hey Rickoshay,
    This may or may not answer your issues with the advanced loot system but i'll try.

You can use the rolling system where people that want it select need, then let every item do a /roll. So everyone can decide what they want.

They unlock after about 15min from what has been said with the option of making it instant if the owner decides to.

There is an option to disable that behavior and it is very intuitive like "Auto Show Loot Window" or something like that.

This is the complete opposite unless I am misunderstanding? The corpses unlock after like 15min instead of the previous 2min.

Overall though "It is unacceptable" is pretty strong language when the designers of this system were trying to be helpful not intentionally make people mad.

On a side note:
    Not you specifically but the vast majority of people that are having problems/don't like the change are extremely hostile when the change is easily reverted back with 1 checkbox. There is a way to advertise distaste without becoming so aggressive.
    Iila likes this.