Advance Your Looting!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Anyway to have it on for soloing and off for groups? Or is it something I'm going to have to do each time i play?
  2. Raynard Augur

ITT: get your advanced loot system off my lawn!

I've used this system extensively on test, and it is excellent. Thank you for the useful tool. To the grumpy folks, take a few minutes to learn the system and you will agree.
  3. Hludwolf Developer

Not currently
  4. Qulas Augur

UI's normally won't crash from that however. A problem in animations or templates will make a UI crash.
  5. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

How do you set it up to do the following:

Player 1 = Master Looter
    Player 2 = Box

Player 1 = Autoloots all drops

I can go along and force things to either a Free Grab, or Assign directly to Player 1 but I can't get it to autoloot stuff. Is that possible with the new system or is there something I'm just not getting?

I was always fine with holding shift and right clicking which would loot anything that didn't require a confirmation dialog (which is annoying) or was a lore item that I had already looted. I'm looking for a similar functionality and going through the list every time to manually assign things to a player or set as a free grab is actually more cumbersome.
  6. Hludwolf Developer

Set player 1/2 to auto loot all. And just click set all to that player. When new loot pops up, hit the set all to button and it will auto loot. Requires a single click from the master looter and nothing from the player.
  7. JolineSZ Augur

Great feature, I like it a lot. Thanks !!!!!
  8. Battleaxe Augur

1. I'll be needing to figure out or be provided with configuration files for:
    a. Soloing - loot everything
    b. Grouping - master looter/Loot everything other than no drops, list no drops in /gsay, possibly loot a no drop item leaving other items.
    c. Grouping - not master looter. Possibly loot a no drop item leaving other items.
    d. Raiding - not master looter. Possibly loot a no drop item leaving other items. Possibly some time later loot another no drop item leaving other items.

Where might I find the necessary configuration files or an explanation of how to create precisely what I need?

2. I assume this system won't detect whether I'm soloing, grouped/master looter, grouped/not master looter, or raiding and I'll have to change the configuration file manually.

Where is the save/restore <name> loot configuration file menu or do I need to create and run batch files to do this? If I do run batch files and copy over the actual configuration file will the changes happen on the next mob looted, after zoning, or will I have to reboot?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  9. Ozni Elder

Liking it so far, have a few suggestions though:

-Stack like items from different corpses on a single line in the loot window, rather than putting them each on a separate line for every corpse. This will save screen space and minimize the necessity for custom filters. You could list the corpses as a comma-separated list that only rolls out if you mouseover that part of the line in the corpse column.

-Right-clicking any applicable corpse should (re)open the advanced loot window, or at least be a switchable option.

-There should be a sort column for item names, possibly right next to their icons. It's nice that holding Alt while the mouse is over the window works, but being able to just glance at it without doing that would be even better.
  10. Barton The Mischievous

Best thing since the AutoCombine TS UI Revamp, Awesome Work Devs Very Nice
  11. GuarLo New Member

I WANT to disable all the new system.

I am playing 20 years with the "old" system dont want to ....do other things.

The new system is rare, not easy to understand.

Classis system works perfectly.

Also i want to disable ANY confirmation for do group.

Thank you.
  12. Malbro Augur

No it doesn't, I use that and it doesn't disappear immediately.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  13. Hludwolf Developer

Use hidecorpse listedunlocked or hidecorpse listed.
  14. Hludwolf Developer

Stacks: The system does this for stack-able items. Un-check group by npcs
    Right-clicking: I really like this idea and will add it to the list to be implemented in the future
    Item names: We determined that the item names added too much size to the window.
    Ozni likes this.
  15. Barton The Mischievous

Anyway you could use this system to make one similar for selling junk to vendors? That would just about get rid of all of the most annoying click each thing to do this one thing old timey systems. In fact it may be the last one left that requires so many clicks now that Tradeskilling and Looting are no longer click fests. Still loving this new edition though it saves so much time farming TS items
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

For a game that's only been around for 16 years that's very interesting. Anyway, go into edit options and tell it you don't want to use the new system.
  17. wizen New Member

New loot system is garbage, was nothing wrong with old one. Way to ruin the game devs
  18. blood & gufts Augur

The system is kind of a lot less user friendly than it really should be.

First it really should have been a check box directly in Options/General, there to say: Auto Loot system, yes/no.

Next, because it is option for your char, it should have been in character instead of actions.

Next the 15 min Lock of corpses are too long, it should max be 5 min, instead of 15. Best would be the normal 2 min
    there used to be. EVEN when some having ATS on.
    Yinla likes this.
  19. Krebais New Member

I'll figure this new system out after playing a few times. Playing in groups might e interesting depending on how greedy the Master Looter is.
    Now I'll be able to figure out solo playing and group but do you really think my 5 years old grandson will if he logs on and I'm not in the room yet? I have not read all 5 pages posted yet but once set do we need to reset the filters every time we play or do they get locked in till we change them if we want on a different day
  20. Hludwolf Developer

Already implemented something like this. You can sell all of the items within a bag by clicking the bag with a merchant window open.