Advance Your Looting!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 24, 2015.

1. IceSy Augur

Can NOT get the /advloot window to come up! I am using Sparxx UI. Any suggestions? Please do NOT say use default UI, I HATE that ugly UI! LOL
    Sasrayk and Yinla like this.
  2. Derresh Augur

Is there a way to make newest dropped items to show up at the top of the Shared Loot list instead of the bottom? so i dont have to scroll down after every kill.

*edit* Nevermind figured out how. clicking the Item | category did the trick
    JupiterKnight likes this.
  3. Milfurd Augur

I have the same question. I'm 3 boxing and have one of my toons as master looter. How do I have everything go to the master looter?
  4. Apathy Elder

Pretty cool tool. Im liking it more and more...
  5. Absor Developer

It absolutely already does this. Just add items to your filters as you run into them, or get some filter settings from someone that has been using it on test. You will be able to not see things you never want to see, or autoloot things you always want to loot. Sort once and forget.

A
    Kellaer, Iila, JupiterKnight and 2 others like this.
  6. genaro44 Lorekeeper

As group leader / main looter in your box group, you can click Set all to: charname00 to loot everything in the queue. It's not totally automatic as in solo mode, but a heck of a lot less clicking than the old system. If you take the time to set up filters, the stuff set to never will pile up in the queue; the occasional Set all to: Leave on corpse clears that.

However convenient, I guess I can see the problem inherent in providing a group setting for completely automatic looting.
  7. genaro44 Lorekeeper

Maybe it's just me but the thing that feel counter-intuitive is the Set all too: button has vastly different functionality as a group leader. I shudder to think what that might look like to a raid leader. Better if there were a set button (filters, set to need, set to leave) and a give button that does nothing but list PCs eligible (in zone, in range, not set to never etc) for a drop.

Edited to add: OK, so maybe more buttons is not the answer here! =D
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Lily Augur

I posted this in the wrong section:

I have an alt in my group. I killed a mob then camped out to log in the alt. Even though advanced looting is turned off on all 3 members in the group, I can't loot the item on my alt. How much time has to elapse before anyone can loot? I even logged out the other toon so my alt is the only group member logged in, After nearly 15 minutes, I still can't loot.

Is this also going to happen in a raid if someone goes LD? When we have a wait list, those people are still eligible to bid on loot, but now it looks like they won't be able to.

Please fix this.

The other issue was that 'Leave on Corpse' was selected accidentally. How do you change it back?
  9. moogs Augur

Thanks for this. Can't wait for my custom UI to be updated so I can log in and try it out this week.
  10. complexication Kassina

Paired with my notes from the Tedious Keynote at SOE Live, this is...considerably underwhelming.
  11. roguerunner Augur

Will corpses still open up after 3ish minutes to the public? I don't think that was clear in the description.

So then someone wanting to loot a corpse they didn't kill or open still has to manually right click the corpse yes? Or do they just run over it or target it or something weird?
  12. Seri New Member

I want to say that I am impressed with the new loot system. In my oppinion it is even better then Everquest 2 loot system when I played there. The fact you can sit there and tell it no i don't want to loot this or that is great. Just minimize the window folks then pop it up when your ready to loot you still need to be near the stuff. But this is a hell of a lot better since by hitting the green loot button it puts it right into your inventory vs having to move it over manually. The fact you can tell it to not loot stuff will make zones with a lot of no trade/lore quest items on corpses more appeasable for those not wishing to work on quests.
    I am in love with it. Now can we get a consolidated chat window like EQ2 :) I'd love to see something like that as a option where you can tab between the different chat windows versus having to find a spot on the window :)

Alright, I am just saying some really nice features have come through recently that make me want to keep playing!
  13. Roshen Brand Manager

Added a couple of edits.

Updated the section about what mobs give you coin automagicially. It now reads "While soloing, every mob will give you the coin it drops automatically (if you got credit for the kill), as well as populate your "Personal Loot List" with whatever items the monster dropped."

We also added the Advanced Loot System FAQ here.
    Saroc_Luclin and JupiterKnight like this.
  14. Hludwolf Developer

15 minutes for advanced loot corpses to unlock. Or you can unlock it early by looting everything you want and leaving the rest on the corpse. Once everything is looted/leave on corpse, it will unlock early.

Someone else can be added to your group and then they can loot just as if they were in the group. They will need to unlock the corpse first. If the corpse unlocks, you must right click to loot it.
  15. Saroc_Luclin Augur

I haven't been able to test it myself, but /loot will unlock a corpse like right clicking on it right? You might want to add that to the FAQ as an alternative option once you have the corpse targeted. (Especially useful for particularly hard to right click corpses)
  16. roguerunner Augur

What about mobs under level 55 with corpses that decay in 8 minutes? I guess they'll open up after half the timer too by default?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Yinla like this.
  17. Malbro Augur

I have to say, this is the MOST ASININE thing they have done to the game.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  18. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I tend to box while I play during the day, because I can kill a few mobs while I work. For this, this loot system is awesome. For a group that no one else EVER loots something and doesn't care at all, it'll be great stuff. For a regular old free for all group that everyone loots things as they go, I'd turn the loot system off and just go back to the old system. For raids, I have no idea yet... not until it's seen in action.

So it definitely has a LOT of upside and very little downside since you can turn it off and do it the old way if you wish.
  19. days New Member

Would you guys be able to make a little video with all this info. That would be super helpful! Thanks
  20. Angahran Augur

Not quite correct.
    There is also a new button added to the Raid window for Master Looter.