Advance Your Looting!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 24, 2015.

1. guado Augur

To everyone freaking out about this being default:
    Quiet. I solo'd for a bit on Test, and it's pretty cool not having to stop to right click a corpse.
    Try it before you knock it. And if you don't like it, you can revert to the old way.

Complaining about an easier loot system is like saying "HEY I WANT TO LOOT MY CORPSE WHEN I DIE WTFZ I LIKED RIGHT CLICKING ALL MY ITEMS EVERY TIME I DIED WTFZ"
    sorry for the caps.
  2. Tyche Elder

Just reading this makes my head swim. So I logged in to try.

First thought, kind of handy. Especially nice is that the window pops up and you don't have to run over to body.

The biggest issue I have is when you have a list of items, it seems far too easy to right click the item to inspect and you've looted the item. With this on by default and so new and no CS support, I just have a bad feeling people will be looting stuff by mistake.

I think once you use it for a while and build up your loot filters it will be a nice feature at least for a solo persons. In groups with strangers and on a raid, this might get complicated.
  3. Apathy Elder

A message window pops up warning you when you're joining a group whose main looter/advloot settings differ from the ones you currently have.
  4. Belchere Lorekeeper

Yeah, I experimented with this on the test server. It has a lot of depth to it, and so there will be those Luddites that don't desire any change that will blindly bash it, but for most of us, this is a great way to simplify things in everyday play.

I withhold my opinion of this on raids until I can see it in action, but I think it will help Misloots a ton, which is necessary now that Daybreak isn't helping with sorting an occasional misloot.
    Iila likes this.
  5. JupiterKnight Journeyman

Why does it have to be a mob that grants experience?

That kind of sucks in a game that encourages you to farm low level stuff for tradeskill mats. Low level mob farming is the thing I would find this system most useful for.
  6. Qulas Augur

All your filters are saved in your EQ directory under LF_AN_Character_Server.

You can also copy filters from other characters.
  7. Qulas Augur

Yes, in the filters you can turn this system off.

It is my understanding this will be default turned on for everyone once it launches.

I am not 100% on this but I believe whoever is Master Looter decides if the new system is being used.
  8. Qulas Augur

Never only will determine what you will be looting or rewarded, the items that populate will not be affected.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

How the hell do you turn it off?

Been playing 10 mins and it is doing my head in already!
  10. Qulas Augur

Thank you for your opinion. I think after using the new system you will be happy that it was implemented however.
  11. Qulas Augur

It shouldn't break any UI's unless you use a custom animations file. If you're UI isn't working your Animations file is the only one that should need updating.
  12. Feradach Augur

From the patch notes:

- If you wish to disable the Advanced Loot System, type /advloot, click on the "Edit Filters" button, and then uncheck the "Use Advanced Looting" option there.
  13. Crystilla Augur

At first things get a bit overwhelming with the new system (only because you have to set your need/greed desires for each new drop). Once you have been playing for a while, repeating content, etc. it does become easier.

Someone soloing will have the easiest time. Someone grouping will have a little harder time and someone in raids I have no idea because I didn't try that part out.
  14. Qulas Augur

The alts will just have to right click on the chest to get the loot populated to their list, as well as any members who are being added after the event to loot an item.

54 names *should* happen, I wasn't able to get 54 accounts on at once to test that.
    Saroc_Luclin likes this.
  15. Qulas Augur

That was bad wording on my part, sorry.

Loot works just like it did before, grey cons still give loot. You still need to be in experience range, and be given experience credit ( 50% of the damage )
    JupiterKnight likes this.
  16. Qulas Augur

[IMG]

Click "Use Advanced Looting" to turn it off.

If the auto-pop up is driving you crazy you can try disabling Auto Show Loot Window, then it will not auto-pop every time you get something
  17. JupiterKnight Journeyman

Okay, great! I can't wait to get home and try it out, then! :)
  18. guado Augur

One of the things I was most excited about the new Advanced Looting System would be trivializing the mass looting of low level mobs. Are there any plans in the future to allow the Advanced Looting System to facilitate this? I am slightly disappointed: I was waiting to farm some stuff for a few months since I was under the impression I *wouldn't* have to sort through 100+ corpses.
  19. Qulas Augur

It already does, I was level 105 when killing the skeletons and goblins which are level 1-3.
    guado and JupiterKnight like this.
  20. Goth Augur

HOLD UP!

This only works for experience giving mobs?