On a lighter note....

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Soltara, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Soltara Augur

I can't decide what priest class I want to play :(
  2. Zinth Augur

any will do :)

I have actually changed my mind a few times but have found an excellent class that not many will pick... with quite a few quests to do even early on :)

now you can guess which class :p *first hint* they can be many races but only a certain two combos can get a nice item later on via questing.
  3. Soltara Augur

Hmm, perhaps I am just super sleep deprived but I can't think of what class race combo that is!
  4. Portis Augur

Pretty sure Troll Shammy was one, some sort of Snare item if i remember?
    Was the other Tunare Druid?

Portis / TOlbath
  5. Soltara Augur

See I was thinking druid karana
  6. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Thought it was the DE Cleric that had the snare necklace...
  7. Portis Augur

Seems we are both right Mezrah :)
    MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE
    Slot: NECK
    Charges: Unlimited
    AC: 7
    STR: +2 WIS: +3 MANA: +15
    Effect: Clinging Darkness (Any Slot/Can Equip, Casting Time: 6.0) at Level 15
    WT: 0.1 Size: TINY
    Class: CLR SHM
    Race: HUM DEF TRL
    Deity: Innoruuk
    Slot 1, Type 7 (General: Group)
  8. Zinth Augur

not really close yet, but the class can heal...
  9. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Thanks for that, my troll shaman on Fippy was of Innoruuk...alas my aged memory failed me or I would have done the quest ;-).
  10. Mezrah Augur

When EQ launched, I played a Cleric of Quellios, depending on the decision made about server type, I may be reprising that role, though I do prefer Shamans, especially when combined with a Monk...
  11. Trosh Augur

This is always a tough decision. Cleric is the duh choice, but there will probably be plenty of them and they can't solo if you want to. It seems there are Druids and Shamans everywhere, but they are very rarely mains, and usually just boxes.

Personally I'd go with shaman because they are super strong Classic-Luclin, and not many people main them. They also seem to be more interesting to me, with canni and slows/dots for soloing. I always wanted to try to make a shaman tank.. Use aoe and slow to hold agro, it's a chain class and with slow can probably tank in Classic/Kunark.
  12. Irbax_Smoo Augur

I'm pretty much set on a Shaman at this point
    I've more or less settled on a Shaman as a main at this point for those same reasons. That and I didn't enjoy my Beast Lord, because I felt like a lesser version of a Shaman, but I could top 10-15 DPS.
  13. Hateseeker Augur

I'm trying to decide if I want to roll a cleric as well...I already ran 2 clerics to 2.0; and it's a choice between easily available rezzes and ability to get in guilds vs rez begging.

But then, I'm comparing this is 10+ years ago cleric populations...did TLP 2.0 have a cleric in every corner?
  14. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Clerics seemed rarer on Fippy than originally, but their were a fair number of boxed Clerics within the raiding guilds.
  15. Aenoan Augur

cleric main with a cleric box, then I'll have a quarter of a CH Rot :D lol
  16. Ducreux Augur

It's a bit late but I assume the class in question was a Paladin with High-elf / Half-elf tunare having access to the awesome Velious quested 2h that looks .

Yeah Paladin's are always sorely underrepresented and are great at snap aggro, they just don't have the super broken HT so are neglected.
  17. Irbax_Smoo Augur

I wouldn't mind being a Paladin, either. Ugh, the choices!
  18. Erydan Ouragan Journeyman

Yes, Natures Defender, amazing weapon and relatively easy to get.

Paladins are the best group tank imo. When the mob is slowed and the pally is rotating stuns they take less damage than other tanks. I think they're underrepresented because you can either chose:

a) Warrior, zero utility, struggles with agro unless lucky with procs but good damage and can tank raid mobs. Or,
    b) SK, feign death and amazing agro but cannot tank raid mobs.

Pally has no FD and cannot tank raid mobs :(
    Irbax_Smoo and Zinth like this.
  19. Zinth Augur

correct, we have a winner, Ducreux and you even knew the quest, awesome class but not liked by many because they can't snare/pull like a SK

I still like paladins and thats what I will play when they get the finger out of the plug and launches the server.
  20. Crayon123 Augur

Be a Cleric if you plan on raiding! Everyone will love you :) And well, they are the best healers by a large margin. You make or break your guilds ability to be able to raid some nights with your presence. Druids are just kinda there and usually there are enough shaman boxes around that all the bases are covered.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.