Test Update 03/18/15

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Taiqwon Augur

It's almost like no one on the dev team plays a monk. I'm not sure how they don't get this yet.

1 - Monks have a dragon punch ABILITY (like tiger claw, flying kick , kick, etc).
    2 - Monks have an AA that makes our dragon punch ability have a knockback.
    3 - Monks got a new DISCIPLINE in TDS called Dragon's Balance that lets us proc a higher dmg dragon punch ABILITY during the disc.

This is in turn causing knockback because of item number 2. Instead of fixing the discipline you guys are removing our AA in item number 2. WHY? Can a dev please respond to this and explain why we're losing more stuff instead of just fixing the disc you gave us?
  2. Silv Augur

Can we get "Sarnak Seneschal Mask" added to the Legendary Enchanter Illusions quest turn in (Bindral Argaff in POK)? Generally, most of the illusion items in-game from quests and achievements have been part of this so we can get the spell version.
    Lisandra, Dzarn and Spellfire like this.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Interesting, I guess they determined Fear was the only really bad ****block?

+1 for not forgetting the final Whistling Fists hand in too :)
  4. Saroc_Luclin Augur

That, or it was the quickest to fix. It might be worthwhile to offer feedback while they're in this way of thinking (maybe a thread in Vet's or something) on other choke points in the Epic Quests that could be fixed by this. (ie choke points caused by players/Multiquesters mainly, but other bad spots might be good to feedback as well).
    Lisandra likes this.
  5. Iila Augur

BUG: There are no changes to any druid or ranger spells in the current test spell file.

RS spells were correctly changed, but the Winter's Flame and Summer's Dew lines are still using the same data as live.
    Lisandra likes this.
  6. Action-MNK Journeyman

We're getting close to 6 months in. I think we're well beyond the point hoping we get this ability fixed to work as it was intended. Qulas's suggestion probably the easiest for them to fix it quickly: rename it to 'Improved Tiger's Balance!' (yes exclamation!), copy/paste the code from the old one to it and then up the damage to whatever so it's better. Maybe raise Tiger Claw skillcap a little too!
  7. Hayzeus Augur

I see a number of cool changes in this update. I'm curious how the /autobank command works. Is it just in case the AutoBank button is hidden behind a bunch of open bags? You just type /autobank instead so that whatever is on your cursor gets banked?

I like the extra step of having to type in the character's name in order to delete said toon. Those pesky 4-year olds have been thwarted in their attempts to delete our toons.
  8. Prathun Developer

Creating an Epic 1.0 workaround for drops from Cazic-Thule and his golems was as far as we could realistically get into this project for the March update. The next step will be a similar treatment for drops from Phinigel Autropos. In the past, when the team was asked at Fan Faire or on the forums whether we could tackle something like this, our answer was, (paraphrasing): "Probably not, because it's super-complicated." As it turns out, it's super-complicated. The remainder of the workaround changes might be in the April update, or they may trickle in over the course of several updates.
    moogs, Sirene_Fippy, Yinla and 8 others like this.
  9. Warpeace Augur

Glad to see its being done, thank you.
    Garshok, PrathunEQ and Lisandra like this.
  10. Drathus Augur

Woot! =D

One issue that may be overlooked . . .

We are currently heading towards the release of a progression server of some kind. One of the highlights of a progression server is doing the epic encounters. The above changes will bring pure sweet joy to many. However, on the progression server, we do not get the current version of Plane of Hate.

The current version of PoH has a short 20 minute or so respawn and campable mini-boss spawns (like regular named).

In the version of PoH that goes live with the progression servers, the base spawn is on a 12 to 16 hour timer and the mini-bosses spawn in one of nine locations randomly every 3 to 3 1/2 days (randomly - could get the same boss spawning 9 times in a row). I know of two epic drops that come from the minis, the Essence of Vampire for the enchanter epic and the Staff of Elemental Mastery: Earth for the magician epic. The Essence of Vampire drops from Coercer T`Vala, but it also drops from any female Forsaken Revenant as a are drop. The Staff of Elemental Mastery: Earth only drops from Magi P`Tasa as the rare drop (Wand of Swords is the common). It can take weeks just to see a single staff drop. Would it be possible to simply add the Staff of Elemental Mastery: Earth as a rare drop from the male Forsaken Revenants? Adding a drop to an NPCs drop list seems like a simple fix.

In the current version of Hate, this change has already been made. The Staff of Elemental Mastery: Earth drops from Magi P`Tasa and also the male Forsaken Revenants. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=1587

Even with this change, the staff will be rare as the basepop is still on a 12 to 16 hour respawn timer and there are only a limited number of male forsaken revenants.

I just know some fix needs to be made for the earth staff.
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The wording of this is incredibly misleading; it is trying to make it sound like our Dragon Punch AA did more than add the knockback effect which it doesn't. As others have stated, the ONLY thing that the Dragon Punch AA did WAS add a chance to proc a Knockback to our Dragon Punches; and later it was additionally given the ability to be a guaranteed activated ability but would lock out any knockbacks from it for 10 minutes. This is not a fix, it is removing an AA without giving anything back.

Here's a hint guys, the solution to fixing the Dragon Balance issue is not to remove the knockback effect from our Dragon Punch AA (that has only one purpose, giving our DP attacks a knockback effect). The solution is to change that effect so that it works like the effects given by Divine Surge of Battle and Gouging Claws of the Jade Tiger; neither of those effects proc off of Eagle's Balance or Tiger's Balance.
  12. sojuu Augur

I wish we would have given all this feedback during beta and throughout entire time this has been live for what 6 months. Maybe then it could have been noticed and fixed earlier. Maybe even as soon as the disc was given to us if we had only said hey wait there is a knockback via AA this wont work. Umm....wait nevermind all that did happen :/
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Ishtass like this.
  13. Tobin Augur

Thank you -I've /bugged that for a very long time.
    Lisandra likes this.
  14. moogs Augur

As someone who has pushed and pushed and pushed for this type of workaround, I really want to say thank you for finally beginning to address this problem. Whether a player succeeds at or fails at a quest should be directly related to his or her skill level, and not to whether or not the NPC will spawn. No one should have to purchase their epic drop from a hostage taking drone.
    Fenudir, Lisandra and Barton like this.
  15. Renaan New Member

Ok, since they've not fixed Dragon's Balance as we asked them to and instead simply altered Dragon Punch AA to the point that it does nothing, here's how to fix it.

Step 1 - Remove Dragon Punch AA line completely and refund it. This will fix Dragon Stance as to no do what its been doing.

Step 2 - Add a new AA that lets us knockback mobs the same distance and same chance to happen, call it New Dragon Punch for all I care, all it does is cast a spell that does the same knockback proc but its just a button press.

Step 3 - Nothing else, that's it, done. Monks now have Dragon Stance working and an AA we can use to do what Dragon Punch AA did previously.
  16. Iila Augur

OR:
    #1 Delete flying kick, change all flying kick mods to tail strike.
    #2 Change Dragon Punch AA line to be an innate chance for any monk attack to proc a 10ft knockback.
    #3 Done.
  17. menown Augur

*** Spells ***

- Druids - All spells in the Winter's Flame line have been changed to work like Winter's Wildflame. The component spells will now receive the full benefit of damage foci but will not use twincast counters on their own. The base spells can still be twincast as before.
    - Magicians - Added "No Twincast" effects to all levels of Rampaging Servant. This allows the pet to be focused but prevents the single point of damage on this spell from using Twincast charges.
    - Rangers - All spells in the Summer's Dew line have been changed to work like Summer's Cyclone. The component spells will now receive the full benefit of damage foci but will not use twincast counters on their own. The base spells can still be twincast as before.

Could you add:

- Necromancers - Scent of Terris AA to this list? It has been eating my Deathly Resolve (twincast recourse with 1 counter) every time I try to cast it with the recourse up.