Test Update 03/18/15

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Hludwolf Developer

March 18, 2015 - Test Update

*** Highlights ***

- Advanced Loot System! Quick quide here: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/new-loot-system-info-and-bugs.217595/
    - Put in a prompt when deleting a character to make the player type the character's name as the confirmation instead of clicking a button.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Artifacts of Great Importance - Made eating mushrooms a bit easier in this Heroic Adventure. You no longer need to target yourself when using the Living Fungi (but if you want to, go for it).
    - Liquid Courage - A Flask of Fire Water no longer incorrectly sends messages regarding a bonus objective. The real method to obtain the objective does not involve this item.
    - In the Plane of Fear, a harbinger of Fear can help adventurers get their epic 1.0 pieces that would normally drop from Cazic-Thule or the golems. These pieces cannot be multi-quested or traded. In addition, a harbinger of Fear can advance the Whistling Fists quest in the same way as Cazic-Thule.

*** Spells ***

- Druids - All spells in the Winter's Flame line have been changed to work like Winter's Wildflame. The component spells will now receive the full benefit of damage foci but will not use twincast counters on their own. The base spells can still be twincast as before.
    - Magicians - Added "No Twincast" effects to all levels of Rampaging Servant. This allows the pet to be focused but prevents the single point of damage on this spell from using Twincast charges.
    - Rangers - All spells in the Summer's Dew line have been changed to work like Summer's Cyclone. The component spells will now receive the full benefit of damage foci but will not use twincast counters on their own. The base spells can still be twincast as before.

*** NPC ***

- Brasse's beard has been located and returned to the correct location.

*** AA ***

- Monk - Removed the knockback effect from Dragon Punch AA procs. Additionally removed the option to create an activation button for this ability because it is a passive effect.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Changed the default file format for screenshots to JPG instead of BMP.
    - Disabled the force pop-up of the expansion at the login screen when you don't have the expansion.
    - Removed the force pop-up of the welcome screen every 22 hours when logging in.

*** Advanced Loot System ***

- Added the ability to link all of the items on a corpse by right clicking on the NPC name when in group by NPC mode.
    - Added the ability to select a corpse directly from the advanced loot window by clicking on the NPC name in group by NPC mode.
    - Added free-grab mode to make it so that anyone can loot an item from the corpse immediately.
    - The coin will no longer split if the master looter is dead and has elected to not split coin. When the master looter is revived, or the master looter changes, the coin will be given and the group or raid will be notified.
    - Fixed a bug with interactive objects not working properly.
    - Fixed need, greed and no selections not always working
    - Molo players will now be able to leave the zone and come back and see their loot without having to remove their mercenary.
    - Locked and Unlocked items on corpses will now stack properly.
    - Auto ask/roll will now work properly in all cases
    - /hidecorpse options: always, looted, listed and listedunlocked will all persist properly now when zoning and logging off.

*** UI ***

- Added /autobank slash command.
    - The voice chat window is no longer active by default.
    - /clearchat and /clearallchat now function while in hover mode.
    - Fixed an issue with the Find window where scrolling to the bottom wouldn't stay there if you were in a group with 'show group' enabled.
    - Added the ability for coin and point crystals to update when they're in the alternate currencies tab.

- Changed -

- EQUI_AdvancedLootWnd.xml
    - EQUI_LootFiltersWnd.xml
    - EQUI_LootFiltersCopyWnd.xml
    - EQUI_ManageLootWnd.xml
    - EQUI_Templates.xml
    - EQUI_Animations.xml
    - EQUI_TextEntryWnd.xml
    - EQUI_OptionsWindow.xml
    - EQUI_RaidWindow.xml
    - EQUI.xml
    - window_pieces07.tga
    - window_pieces11.tga
    - CascadeMenu.txt

*** Previously Updated ***

- Cleansing the Ground - Greatly reduced the number of infection hosts that spawn after the boss is defeated and lowered their levels by 5 to allow them to be dispatched more easily.

- The EverQuest Team
    moogs, Iila, Khat_Nip and 1 other person like this.
  2. Lisandra Augur

Full monthly update?
  3. Hludwolf Developer

Yes
    moogs and Lisandra like this.
  4. Poppinfresh Elder

+∞
    Dibab likes this.
  5. Iila Augur

Wouldn't PNG be a better default format than JPG? JPG makes some bad compression artifacts with text in EQ screenshots, while PNG is lossless and compresses well.

Overall very nice looking patch.
    Lisandra and Riou like this.
  6. Khat_Nip Meow

My guess is file size was the main reasoning behind the change.
    Lisandra likes this.
  7. Ferry-Tunare Augur

Kudos to the team. There's a lot of asked for things in there. Thank you!
    Fenudir, Zujilli and Lisandra like this.
  8. Lisandra Augur

I'm just happy they moved away from BMP. Granted it was easy to convert to jpg but now I don't have to.
  9. Iila Augur

BMPs are huge, not gonna argue against that. The only good thing about BMP is that it's lossless, the screen shot will look the same as the game screen looks. PNG looks the same as a BMP and is about 1/3rd the file size of a BMP.

For one of my 1366x768 screenshots, the BMP original is 3796KB, a PNG version is 1181KB, and a JPG is 455KB

I know a good chunk of my screenshots are for what's in the text boxes. JPG makes text look fuzzy, and almost unreadable in some translucency+color combos. So while JPG is the smallest file size, it also ruins the reason I take some of my screenshots.

Is there an option to change the default file format for screenshots? I didn't see anything in eqclient.ini.
  10. Riou EQResource

Add: ScreenshotType=png
    in the [Defaults] section of eqclient
    Ishtass, Lisandra and Iila like this.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

*** Highlights ***

- Advanced Loot System! Quick quide here: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/new-loot-system-info-and-bugs.217595/

Any info. on when this might go live ?

- Put in a prompt when deleting a character to make the player type the character's name as the confirmation instead of clicking a button.

Good idea !!

*** Quests & Events ***

- In the Plane of Fear, a harbinger of Fear can help adventurers get their epic 1.0 pieces that would normally drop from Cazic-Thule or the golems. These pieces cannot be multi-quested or traded. In addition, a harbinger of Fear can advance the Whistling Fists quest in the same way as Cazic-Thule.

About time

*** UI ***

- The voice chat window is no longer active by default.

Both are great, if rather overdue.
  12. Barton The Mischievous

So nice

Put in a prompt when deleting a character to make the player type the character's name as the confirmation instead of clicking a button.

Also nice
    Dzarn likes this.
  13. moogs Augur

I was driving to work yesterday and wondered why EQ still uses the BMP file format for screenshots. No joke. Cracked up when I read this. Thank you?
  14. Shredded New Member

I am a little confused....

I thought the whole point of the ACTIVATED 10 min refresh Dragon Punch AA was the knockback.
    The knockback is supposed to proc only when the aa is active.

"This passive ability augments Dragon Punch for human and drakkin monks and Tail Rake for iksars with the chance to automatically perform a Knockback."
    The description does say passive aa but always assumed that was a typo.

So then if it goes/is passive and it has no other function than the knockback with the knockback removed wtf will it do? Is the aa being completely removed?

The darn name should be changed too if you are going to fix it.
    There is already a melee ability for human monks called Dragon Punch.
    Maybe unlink it from Dragon Punch and just have it do a knockback on its own?

The knockback is important to some of us.
    I do want to retain the ability.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  15. Qulas Augur

The changes on test made Dragon Force ( which is the proc that fires off of using a Dragon Punch ) no longer knock back.

This was not what needed to be changed.

Dragon's Balance is a disciple that makes us proc Dragon Punch attacks. Each one of these procs was also proccing the knock back.

[43955] Dragon's Balance Effect III
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 60s (10 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    4: Add Proc: Dragon's Strike III with 500% Rate Mod

[43958] Dragon's Strike III
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Unresistable
    Reflectable: No
    Casting: 0s
    1: Dragon Punch Attack for 496 with 10000% Accuracy Mod

The Dragon's Balance proc firing off a knock back is what needed to be fixed. There was nothing wrong with Dragon Force.

Dragon Punch was a great positioning tool that we had, and please do not take it away from us.

Please change the Dragon's Balance Effect procs to an Tiger Claw instead of changing how Dragon Force works.

Thank you.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Ishtass and Khoza like this.
  16. Boze TLP complaint factory

Just tried the harbinger of fear with my SK; worked perfectly! I'd written off ever getting my epic just because of that sword and the golems being perma-camped. Thanks so much for putting in something like this!
    PrathunEQ, Lisandra and Silv like this.
  17. beryon Augur

How does it work?
  18. Boze TLP complaint factory

Mob called a harbinger of Fear was up near the phoboplasms. You hail him, he mentions that the while the denizens of the plane are dead (I didn't copy down text, d'oh!) he senses that you came there for a purpose. When you follow his text he despawns and Terror popped right on the same spot. Assume since he mentioned the plane being dead he spawns after either CT or the golems are downed. Caught him 2 hours after server up, so we'll see what spawn time is like.

Oh, and terror only dropped the soul leech blade; it's a statless version with a lore tab that says "This item cannot be multiquested".
  19. Deillusional Augur

It always supported other types via an ini setting change.
  20. Deillusional Augur

To make it more hack free friendly, why not email a code to the registered email address and have them enter the code, this why you would stop accidental deletion and give less probability of it being deleted due to a hack.
    Saroc_Luclin and Barton like this.