No transfer flag to FV & no delete flag

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinnie the Pink, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I havent seen any update on getting a no transfer flag but you could enter petitions on each of your accounts requesting that your characters never be transferred to FV... or at least do it on one acct and see what response you get.

I think the ultimate answer is a no transfer to FV flag (since you cant transfer back from there) and all gear that gets moved to FV retains its no trade flag.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

i was thinking about doing that, but didn't want to start opening unneeded petitions, and increasing their workload.

If we don't get any response back soon I will do, same as I want to know what these other mechanics are to prevent deletion.
  3. Ragbert Elder

It is time for the powers that be to act on this issue. If retaining customers is in any way desirable then something needs to get done. The customers can not be blamed for shortcomings of the service infrastructure.

Once this happen to your account it is not hard to imagine how you feel like being robbed and taken to the cleaners. If the policy is to politely tell you it's your own fault it is not entirely surprising the trust is lost in the customer service train wreck.
  4. Weverley Augur

Roshen made a declaration on the thread "cases where gamemasters will not intervene" post is no 362 on that thread and said if i summarize if the account has really been hack that they will intervene and restore that character so maybe those who wants more information go to that thread. On the other hand if you want to continue this thread about mobile authenticator and/or account flag for no transfer to fv then by all means continue on this thread.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I want a no delete/no transfer to FV flag, so if some idiot gets hold of my account I don't have to deal with CS. I don't want to spend days trying to get something sorted that a simple flag would stop.
    Ragbert likes this.
  6. Cerris Augur

How to prevent getting transferred to Firiona Vie, 100% guaranteed:

/testcopy

:)
  7. Devildawg Elder

My question is: how many of you people are getting hacked? Are your accounts that unsecured? Do you visit shady websites using the same account/password for everything? Do you have virus protection?

I doubt people are still actively hacking into their databases and mining our account names/passwords. Usually, if someone tells me they've been "hacked", my first and usually last opinion is "This person either bought their account from someone else/bought in-game stuff from a website with RL money/uses the same acct+pw for everything/doesn't have VP+got a keylogger on their PC."

SoE devoted too much dev money ($1 is too much imo) to fixing other people's ignorance/laziness. Sounds like DBG doesn't want to do the same.

And I despise authenticators. There are a few other MMO's I've played that rely heavily on them, and while it didn't prevent me from playing, it was a nuisance. Take charge of your account information, don't lend it out, fortheloveofcazic don't use the same info for everything you do online, and don't visit stupid websites without protection.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I guess I could test copy every day, at least then they have a toon they can copy back if I get hacked....thanks for the idea.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Since they don't allow transfers off test I doubt they will copy a character off test for you. That would effectively be a free transfer.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Its a back up for my backup, when they corrupt files!
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

There are still hacks going on and chars being transferred to FV stripped and deleted, (DBG will still not reinstate said chars).

Can we please for the love of all things fluffy, have a way to protect our chars!
  12. Warpeace Augur

Been a good size wave of that happen right on FV so names are starting to come out over it. Question is will they do anything about it? Seems like a small group and if so DO SOMETHING!!!! Your allowing an entire server to be ruined by a few.
  13. Kaliko Augur

Are the said persons getting hacked have multiple characters getting raid rot loot? Because it may be possible they are part of the character raid gear farming rings that use "hacked account" as an excuse to sell off all the gear and then get char back to raid again.
  14. Dreamrider Elder

Iila likes this.
  15. Yara_AB Augur

This had me worried for a second - but they renamed that thing :)

They now call it "Daybreak Defender".
    Unfortunately I can not find a buy-link - maybe a Mod can shed some light on this?
  16. Brohg Augur

SMS authentication, por favor.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I would love a no transfer to FV flag. And a no delete flag for that matter.
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Hazimil Lorekeeper

I recently purchased the authenticator after the announcement regarding Deleted Accounts not being restored. After a month it had not arrived, so I did a petition.

I was told that its currently not being sold anymore, and was given a refund. They are working on a replacement but they were unable to give me an ETA.

Haz!