No transfer flag to FV & no delete flag

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinnie the Pink, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Yinnie the Pink Elder

With the withdrawal of customer service support for deleted chars, can we get a one time only NO change flag option added to accounts for both transfers to FV and deletion.

We have had a lot of problems on AB lately with accounts being hacked, chars transferred to FV, stripped and deleted.
    Axxius, Hayzeus, Ferry-Tunare and 2 others like this.
  2. Yara_AB Augur

Knowing folks who got hit by that I would appreciate having an account-flag that can't be changed easily for such (maybe requiring the security question and email confirmation and having to wait for maybe a week before you can finally initiate the transfer or the deletion of a character).

But there already is a very efficient tool around that keeps such things from happening. The Authenticator. Yes - it is inconvenient having to enter that extra 6 digits code every time you log in - but it also helps to keep the account safe.

Maybe one day they will even supply the mobile authenticator ;-)
  3. silku Augur

Imagine that, they won't restore characters now because you can pay for a service to prevent your account from being hacked.
  4. silku Augur

I know it's been around for a long time. I do not consider having my character stolen and deleted a frivolous matter either. The interesting thing here is that I had a WoW authenticator at one time and some how, even with the authenticator my account got stolen and my character deleted. What do we do then?
  5. Rhandom Journeyman

One of the reasons for account hacking in this game is to steal characters gear by transferring them to Firona vie, then deleting the character.

Even tho you no longer seem to care about your customers https://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37732

Could you at least do this one small thing to help us secure our accounts? Remove a major incentive to hack, and hacking will become less an issue.
    Xeladom, Rouan, Iila and 2 others like this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yes please, this has become a major issue on AB!
  7. Yara_AB Augur

Such would be a serious problem because that could mean someone has proven that P = NP (different story).
    Seriously ... the way they use the authenticator over there is that you can flag your account to be "logged in for time x" so you don't have to enter the keyfob code again and again.
    Otherwise - if an account gets ripped off despite an authenticator in place would mean that someone found a way to the database in the background.

But for DGC: Maybe there is hope we will get a mobile authenicator any time "soon" now.
    And seriously - the keyfob is a one time purchase of about $10. They even gave one away for free some years ago at Fan Faire (the one that took place right after the hack).
  8. Yara_AB Augur

(removed because it doesn't make sense anymore after the thread-merger ;) )
  9. Notinterested Augur

Thats not really possible without you screwing up big time (logging into a shared machine with your authenticator and checking the box to not ask again for a month). Cut the crap crusade against DBG. If that really happened to you it was your own fault.
  10. Notinterested Augur

Mobile authenticators are BAD. Having your authenticator on the device you are most likely to break or drop in a toilet is a terrible idea that im sure blizzard very much regrets. You break or lose your phone you have to jump through hoops to get it unattached. Blizzard streamlined this process eventually but given the current situation here good luck getting back on your account.
  11. Yara_AB Augur

You are right about that possible problem with the mobile auth - but on the other hand for folks on the opposite side of the planet it would still be a way better option than "nothing" (considering that having a physical keyfob shipped to europe costs a fortune - and doing a groupbuy will bring customs into the game *sigh*).

With SWToR they have solved this problem not that bad tbh.
    The biggest issue I see with mobile authenticators is that sometimes you will have to reset your mobile and such losing configuration data in the process which is a bad thing then.

I would hope one follows proven ways to implement such - but then ... they also just made it so that you have to concatenate password and pincode instead of a separate form field for the code.
  12. Hayzeus Augur

I have a question about the authenticator. Can it be used for multiple accounts, or do I need one unique authenticator per account?

Sorry if this is answered in either of those links. I will dive into those links to pursue the answer further.

And, perhaps this next question will be a call for opinions only, but is buying an authenticator today going to matter with the transition to Daybreak? I noticed the link goes to a Sony site still. If I buy an authenticator today, will I have to pay for a new one next Tuesday (Popeye reference)?
  13. Yara_AB Augur

You can use the same auth on as many accounts as you wish. (have mine on several accounts myself - so i can vouch for this)
    I also know folks who have added more than one authenticator to a single account (don't ask me how that works ... maybe you can use either or have to enter both pins then ... no idea).

I still access the boards with forums.station.sony.com - so ... (did they change that url already? *grin*)
    Technically it doesn't matter - the authenticator is listed in their database on their servers who deal with the authenticators - those don't really care about a URL.
  14. Hayzeus Augur

Thanks Yara, I did just find that answer in the FAQ (which has a ton of great information people!). Much obliged

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Can I have multiple SOE Authenticators tied to one Station Account?

Yes, you can elect to attach several SOE Authenticators to your Station Account.
    Can I have one (1) SOE Authenticator tied to multiple Station Account?

Yes, you can elect to link one (1) SOE Authenticator to multiple Station Accounts.
    """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
  15. Yara_AB Augur

16. Hayzeus Augur

Heh... I just ordered it through the Sony link. I would hope that if they are not intending to honor it, they'll bounce the order. Maybe Roshen or someone will chime in with the answer since I suspect this thread may cause a number of people to put their money on the line.

We will see :)
  17. Yara_AB Augur

Personal hint from me:
    Unfortunately the authenticators button is some sort of "not so great" gumlike plastics that can cause it to not work ok after a long time (I think mine worked perfectly well for years) and needs to be pressed more and more thoroughly.

It might be adviseable to leave it in the plastic sleeve it comes in - aka do not press the button using your fingers so you don't happen to add any sweat, hand cream, dust, dirt, ... to the button causing it to start changing.

Unfortunately I don't have my new authenticator for long enough yet to see if it helps :)
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Ferry-Tunare, Drewie and Soltara like this.
  19. Ravenclaws New Member

Yes, please disable the transfers to Firiona Vie- it is the right thing to do
    roguerunner, Ferry-Tunare and Yinla like this.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Posted else where and got told to use an existing thread....

Any news on getting a no transfer to FV flag and a no deletion flag?

Also what are the mechanics you talk of to prevent deletion? The only thing I have seen is the confirmation of click yes to delete.