Cases where game masters will not intervene

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Numiko, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Numiko Augur

Interesting updates to policy.
    I guess lack of staff is making some of these necessary though can't believe someone would be so callous as to type in "Feel free to re-roll a new character" though

Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  2. Fendy Augur

Looks like they laid off the Customer Support GMs too.
    KC13, Hiladdar, Axxius and 2 others like this.
  3. Sancus Augur

The insensitivity displayed there is astounding. I'm disheartened by the lack of customer support, but the language (e.g. "Feel free to re-roll a new character") makes it even worse.
    KC13, moogs, Hiladdar and 13 others like this.
  4. Ozni Elder

Most of this stuff should be automated anyway. A "restore last deleted character" feature for example, doesn't seem unreasonable.
    Hiladdar, Ishtass, Nniki and 7 others like this.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

How bout insteadof that stupid crap regarding guilds you instead provide a way for players to do it in game.

I will more thoroughly critique this crap when I get home.
    KC13, Hiladdar and Ferry-Tunare like this.
  6. Necromonious Augur

" * Never ever make a mistake, ever
    * Stop crying
    * get f***ed"

:)

I wonder what would happen if I just trained the living hell out of everyone I ever saw. Would I ever get banned? I'm too scared to try, despite how evil fun training can be
    Geri_Petrovna likes this.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Were these answers recently received by a Free to Play Account or an All Access Account?
  8. Numiko Augur

9. baider Elder

so if someone keylogs me and gets my username and password and deletes my items/character GM's will do nothing? So I spent say 1,500 over the years developing my character and your response is just go ahead and reroll it and spend countless hours farming the clickies you had and all the gear and AA's you built up?
    moogs and Hiladdar like this.
  10. Fendy Augur

When player population drops I wonder what DBG's strategy is to re-roll players. Maybe the Russian overlords at the Renova Group will partner with the Chinese plat farmers to increase paid accounts.
    KC13, Hiladdar, Maerr and 1 other person like this.
  11. Riou EQResource

Hopefully in a case like that they would help
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  12. Aghinem Augur

I think some of you are looking at the policy in a negative context. What it looks like is they are trying to make CSR more efficient by trimming some fat which could improve wait times. A lot of what is mentioned in that article are actually incidents of frivolous nature that CAN actually be solved by players themselves if they take the time to do it.

The only thing I would slightly disagree with is the accidental purchase of an item that cannot be sold back; namely if you made a purchase using raid currency. They should take a page out of SWTOR and put a "sell-back timer" that allows someone to sell an item back in the event of a accidental purchase. Same thing can be done for an accidental sell of an item with a "buy-back timer".

Everything else looks rather reasonable. The whole "feel free to reroll another toon" interpretation of this is a bit dramatic and extreme. o_O
    Hiladdar and Dandy like this.
  13. Fendy Augur

Aye. Everyone knows that ninja looting a raid boss mob is accidental. The fix is easy. Just run the raid again. It's the obvious in-game solution.
    Hiladdar, Nniki, Maedhros and 7 others like this.
  14. Battleaxe Augur

If someone keylogs you then you clicked on an executable embedded in an email of some other personal security breach - your bad, not Daybreak's.

If, heaven forfend, Daybreak "leaves its key in the car" I'd expect it would make good as it has in the past.

While the re-roll comment was a bit over the line the notification that Daybreak isn't going to undo errors you make isn't. So they gave a heads up before responding that you shouldn't have given that guy 10Mpp for a promise he'd log in an alt and give you 5 Krono when you petition - kinda should know that and know its not their responsibility.
    Aghinem likes this.
  15. Fendy Augur

DGB has made it clear in multiple posts that they aren't going to undo their mistakes either. At least what hundreds of players consider their mistakes. EXP nerf being the biggest example. But far from the only one.
    Barton likes this.
  16. Battleaxe Augur

Requiring players to play in level appropriate content if they want decent experience isn't a Daybreak mistake.

And besides - Daybreak has said that it's looking at (what it believes are) the issues. Acceding to your (or my) unreasonable demands ought not be their priority. Not my desired item RNG woes (that's how the game is played) or your help I reformatted my hard drive woes (that's a matter of personal responsibility).
    Soltara likes this.
  17. Numiko Augur

one time I left the game on character select and my 4 year old deleted half my characters while I was AFK, .. customer service was able to restore them all..

If it happened now I guess it was my fault because I had children and have to pee occasionally.

Imagine if you had a dozen Krono on your character and it got deleted? .. wooo! more profit for daybreak huh?
    Hiladdar, CaptAmazing and Lisandra like this.
  18. Battleaxe Augur

I never left expensive or dangerous stuff alone with a 4 year old. OK, the one time I ended up with a PB&J samwitch in my VCR - only took once. In fairness that lesson could have just as easily been the loss of computer data instead.

(There are free apps that allow you to lock your keyboard and mouse should you have to leave your computer unattended with a small child, cat, etc. in the room.)
  19. Iila Augur

They're not giving us any better tools to fix deleted characters, broken quests, or lost items. Those issues are simply not going to fixed anymore.

Stuck in one of the multiple quests that were broken when TDS went live? Too bad.
    Character gets transferred to FV, stripped and sold off? Feel free to reroll a new character.
    Try to trade an item and have it fall through the geometry so you can't pick it up? Too bad, spend $1/item on reclamation tokens. If the lost items even show up in there.
    Lose items that no longer drop or are once per a character? Feel free to reroll a new character or back in time to acquire another item.

Customer service is the one area that has been consistently good since I came back to EQ. And this would have stopped all or all but one of the petitions I've done in the past few years.
    Hiladdar, Nniki, Meatball and 5 others like this.
  20. Qulas Augur

I can't say I agree with this decision to turn Customer Service into Customer No-Service.

Customer Service being able and willing to assist with a myriad of needs in a very timely manner was one of the best things this game had going for it.

Things happen that are our of our control all the time.

Deleted Items: The Tokens of Reclamation were added to the Marketplace for convenience. If you didn't want to wait you bought a token and got it back instantly. It is no longer a convenience, it is now a requirement if you want a deleted item back. Now we have to pay actual cash to get customer service?

Accidentally Bought Items: So if you purchase a raid item with raid currency but accidentally bought the wrong item you won't be assisted? ( A lot of the raid items have very similar names, honest mistakes can and will happen when trying to purchase these items ) Sorry about the month of currency you saved up for this item and then misread a word in Latin.

Guild Administration: If I was to die tomorrow, my entire guild would have to form a new guild because the GM's would not assist them in making a new guild leader?

Misloots: With the new loot system coming out soon I can only imagine the amount of things that are going to be miss-looted and they are not going to assist with that at all?

Deleted Characters: I can't even

I understood the layoffs, I understood the downsizing. I can not understand this egregious change in policy.
    Taiqwon, KC13, Voth and 24 others like this.