Does anybody actually LIKE permacamped 3 day spawns?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Risiko Augur

This is the first time I've posted about this topic.
  2. Risiko Augur

I'm on Luclin server. Anybody have a free for warrior epic? I say free because I refuse to pay the farmers. I'll return the favor anyway I can in game, but I won't pay for it.
    Yinnie the Pink likes this.
  3. Bamboompow Augur

Seems like it might be faster/less painful to just farm some plat and pay the farmer instead of camping the spawns. Especially if the spawn you need you know for a fact is going to spawn when you are not able to be online. If these people get their kicks off sitting around day and night instead of doing real adventuring than fine. Consider it a service at that point, pay them and move on.Many of them might even be scripted and you will never beat an AI who doesn't have to sleep, eat or otherwise have a reason to be AFK/offline.

It is what it is. Makes me all the more glad I am done with Epics since trying to fight the current status quo is really not possible. Not unless Daybreak feels a need to clamp down on AI scripted characters in the game world but the loss of revenue from doing that is probably more than just letting it slide and hoping people won't care enough to cause a real CS issue about it.
  4. Utdaan Augur

What makes you think that upping the spawn rate wont stop the farmer from killing that many more spawns? If they're keeping a mob down, they will continue to keep the mob down.
  5. Silv Augur

There hasn't been a thread on this in a while. And compared to a lot of the trash that gets constantly posted in multiple incarnations on these forums, I'm quite fine with legitimate concerns. If you haven't learned by now that the only way to get dev acknowledgement is to run a topic into the ground x999 then I guess there's no hope.

There is nothing "epic" about a glorified wall ornament. Adjusting some of the 1.0 items makes sense now since there isn't a single 1.0 that provides any tangible benefit. The personal sense of "epicness" comes from completing it, not from finally killing an annoying, long respawn, permacamped mob.

You can only loot/sell so many epic pieces before you kill your own market (if you're a permacamper).

When the mobs required raid numbers (or even a few groups) the spawn times made sense. Now, they do not. Waiting on a 3 day spawn was not the "epic" part of the quests anyhow. Those timers were only artificial timesinks to limit the rate of epics entering the world when they were actually useful. The quests were epic because of their scope and if you've done more than 1 epic you know *most* of the work is NOT getting a drop from a 3 day spawn.

This wouldn't require a huge overhaul because it is only a handful of items that are subject to the permacamping. None of the other epic spawns really need to change or pop 'on demand'. Make PoFear epic pieces a zone-wide rare drop or something. Add some of these items to a few other mobs. If you want to prevent it from ruining progression servers, put them in recent content.

I'm so sorry if you feel adjusting these makes your struggle from 13 years ago seem marginalized.:rolleyes:
  6. Lighteningrod Augur

7. Silv Augur

8. Risiko Augur

What Silv is saying is right. I've done everything else in the quest for my epic. The ONLY thing keeping me from completing the quest is one drop from a permacamped mob in plane of fear. That's it. There is nothing epic about that drop. I can kill everything in that zone solo. The mob just is never up to be killed by me.
  9. Xanadas Augur

It wouldn't be a problem it weren't possible for 4 mages to kill vanilla/kunark endgame content these days. The competition used to be between guilds, now it's between the dozens of people who 4-5-6 box.

Either mobs need to be buffed to match current character design, or characters on new progression servers need to be reverted to their original states.

Edit: I thought I was on the TLP forums. Oops =]
  10. Ultrazen Augur

Just make them no drop? I recently did the 1.5 on one of my bards, and the 'mobs spawn when you're at the right part of the quest' thing is pretty good.

Meh, I gave up on 1.0 on any of my characters, and just go straight to 1.5 at this point. It's debatable that many of those are fairly worthless as well.
  11. guado Augur

I think one big factor that hasn't been mentioned yet is the fact that Static Boss Spawns don't get auto-spawned every patch (anymore). I hate that.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  12. Leex Pewpewer

See that's the thing about Everquest, part of what made it hard was the fact you had to wait and be patient for your lewt.

Honestly if you want to get your epic done anytime soon I would go into general and start trying to buy an since your spawn is perma camped, or try to find out when it died and be there for the spawn. I'm sure you're not the only one who wants their epic so of course there is going to be people camping your mob.

I do feel your pain on not being able to get your drop, if you can get someone who will the drop you need, hit up Ammeren on Luclin, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that's your server, I'll hook it up.
  13. Prathun Developer

This is a good idea. We'll look into what it would take to implement this.
    Lingum, Elricvonclief, Fanra and 10 others like this.
  14. Badname3245 Lorekeeper

You still have to put some sort of lockout or those who camp them will just make alts to spawn them repeatedly.
  15. Vlerg Augur

what? just now? this idea has been proposed a dozen of time in the past year, and you jsut comment on it now?...

there's also the pre-quest if those camp bother you... it's not like you need a glorified ornament, right?
  16. Derd Augur

Making the spawned by right step version drop only the quest item would make it very workable. And then in my evil mind I would also make that "spawned by" the new "timer" so the doofus's that think it's awesome to camp every old world item would have no clue when to log in.
  17. Khat_Nip Meow

This is a suggestion I had made in another thread related to Epics:

If they were to change anything with respect to Epic mobs perhaps make something similar to the following:

* Converse with questgiver.
    * Are you at the step in the Epic quest that requires a drop from Epic mob?
    No. -Do nothing. (to avoid exploiting)
    Yes. -Is static version of Epic mob up?
    Yes. -Do nothing. (go kill that one, don't need two or more up at once.)
    No. -Spawn temporary Epic mob up for x minutes, can only be engaged once quester gets on aggro. Reset timer in case of wipe. (Maximum up-timer of x hours to avoid disrupting zone for long periods of time).
    * Once you've obtained the requisite piece you can no longer spawn that temporary Epic mob. (to avoid exploiting). Can always kill the static mob whenever it's up if you wish.
    Merry likes this.
  18. Prathun Developer

The development team works in mysterious ways.
  19. Sheaffer Augur

One thing I like to do is roll some new toons and take them to 70 and get their 2.0s then go around and fight in era content just because it's fun to use them in time they were intended. I would love to do it with 1.0s but aside from a few they are just too hard to get
  20. Yinnie the Pink Elder

About a year ago when this came up you said it would be a lot of work.