Beta Reward

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Naugrin, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Bigstomp Augur

Hero's forge is free after 2.4 months. They give you 500 SC a month.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  2. Fenudir Augur

No. It's not free. It costs you the SC that you could have otherwise used for something else. Somewhere along the line you're paying for it if you get it - which I won't since I see no reason to make my toon look anorexic.
  3. Nenake Elder

No it really is free. They do not have to give you 500 sc each month, yet they do.
    roguerunner, Elricvonclief and Tarvas like this.
  4. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

At least this Beta Reward is no where near the $50-$149 Guise of the Ancient Gods debacle - which still leaves a bad taste.
  5. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

It is still free when it is all said and done. Quit frankly if I was them I would discontinue the free SC since nobody quite understands what free mean. It is like giving a kid dessert after dinner. Do it once or twice and the kid will always think he deserves dessert after dinner.
  6. Warpeace Augur

Free Station cash is way better then Bonus raids included with an expansion launch.
  7. Fenudir Augur

Actually, it's not free. In fact, it's so "not free" that SOE had to change for they award it to us for tax and accounting purposes.
  8. Qbert Gallifreyan

Meh, you win some and you lose some. I applaud the powers-that-be for attempting to give out something different, even if I would personally have preferred to receive the old types of items. I won't use this hat/ornament, because it makes no sense for my character, but that doesn't instantly make it terrible . . . I don't usually use the merc skins when they have been given, either - at least not for longer than a week. I think the real rub is that people without the function activated feel left out - who in their right mind would wear an armor slot without any stats in this day and age?

Perhaps it is too naive to guess this is a precursor to "appearance gear," but who knows. I still remember with the recovery tokens went up for sale the first time; my gut reaction was that they were a precursor to decreased customer service since they served exactly zero purpose otherwise. When I posted as much, I got rebuffed by a dev on that but - lo and behold, that came true (when free-to-play entered the picture).
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  9. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

While not charging us a penny more for it. That would seem to be the definition of free. Unless of course you are telling me your subscription charge when up because of it...
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Love my hat, thank you very much, especially for making it 999, more rewards should be 999 and not 1. :)
    Saave likes this.
  11. Saave Augur

Love my hat. Thanks:)
    Thank you for the potion also :)
    Saave.